Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Skintones - UPDATED 03-Mar-07

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:47 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 10:20 AM by HystericalParoxysm : Adding a known issues heading.

364 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 337 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:22 AM
Just wanted to say that these skins are gorgeous - I've been trying to find just the right skins for a couple of Sims I'm working on - and yours may be some of the nicest I've found. Thank you so much for all the hard work you've done. And don't let a few (Okay, maybe a few more than a few) jerks keep you away for too long. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 10:54 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous skins, thank you for your hard work! I know there are some jerks and I'm sorry you feel the need for a break, but I hope you enjoy your vacation time!
Scholar
#53 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:19 AM
Great! They're nice for that 'natural' look. Because whose skin is shiny?
Test Subject
#54 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:42 PM
Wow. These are some of the most beautiful skintones I've seen - if not .the. most beautiful. I'm going to use these for all my natural Sims from now on. Thank you for these (and everything else you've made)! You're awesome :o
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:51 AM Last edited by MsBarrows : 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:53 AM. Reason: addendum
Love these skin tones, especially their nice non-shineyness. I've loved everything of yours I've downloaded to date, and hope that your vacation in Oblivion isn't a very long one - ie, that it's just as long as you need to unwind, but not so long we're all thinking you're never returning!

Don't let the turkeys get you down... roast 'em for dinner instead.

P.S. - thanks for the link to the list of plant (and other!) downloads, I'm planning a huge plant-downloading spree in the near future for a new 'hood set I'm putting together, and those links are going to save me bunches of time.

- /\/\sB -

Look! Something SHINY!
Soup from A to Z
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:42 AM
I love the body texturing - and they're not oiled up!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:40 PM
I love these, and I've loved all your other creations, I think I have every single one. I'm sorry if this community has made you want to go away. Sucks when a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, eh?
Field Researcher
#58 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 5:11 AM
Default Alien Skins?
I was wondering if you had any intentions of making an "alien" skintone version?

If you do not, would you mind if I made one using your textures as a template (so it would 'fit in' with the rest of your textures?) I would love to make it, and forward it back to you for inclusion (or addition) with the rest of your pack, (allowing that you like what I do, anyway...)

I know there aren't a lot of people that are very fond of the aliens.. but I really like them, and your textures look amazing...

Lee

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Instructor
#59 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:29 PM
wow wow wowo

These skins are amazing, you do fantastic extremely talented work.

Thank you millions for sharing these awesome skins and all your hard work.

I'm very sad you are leaving for a while , hopefully you will come back. We will miss you very very much.

Wishing you all the best

Regards :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:33 PM
I came back to get the defaults...these are the BEST skins EVER!!!

I love these...the faces are perfect. Thanx so much for sharing these with us HP...I thank you, my sims thank you, and all those unfortunate townies now thank you too...

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:46 PM
LE102071, I'm getting kind of re-hooked with Seasons, so I'm likely going to do a green recolour for the plant people - with some leaves and stuff, similar to/inspired by some of Enayla's skintones... I have kicked around the idea of doing some supernaturals using my textures - a funky pale suitable for vampires, a couple shades for alien, and some silvery grey for zombies... I've got some computer issues at the moment so it may be a few days, but those - as defaults and non-defaults, plus the anatomically correct versions, should actually be coming relatively soon.

That being said, if I take more than about a week without saying anything else here about it, you are welcome to PM me and nag me about it - I tend to be a bit scatterbrained and forgetful.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:51 PM
These made me take out my beloved Louis #7 defaults. I'm deeply amazed by how beautiful these are.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:06 PM
Just checked them out in-game, they're wonderful. Not too shiny yet beautifully defined. I like it that it doesn't change facial features, a big bonus. Thank you very, very much.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Instructor
#64 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:08 PM
Wow,HP,these are well and truely beautiful....Ive never used defaults before,and it looks like Im gonna have to, these are amazing.
and I just had to laugh when you compared shiny skins 'buttered hams' , I have to agree, or they look like theyve been covered in some sort of 'oil'
well and truly amazing

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
#65 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:22 PM
Genius skins, i just love new skins, thanks a bunch HP

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 3:40 PM
Nice colors... but where did go the males "masculine" attributes ?! nothing to "woohoo" with :D

Et le dernier jour, Dieu a crée les Québecois ! /
And on the last day, God created Quebecers !
Et vive le Québec libre !!
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#67 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:15 PM
Beautiful skins HP I love them....I'll hunt people down for you too *winks*
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
tigmomx4, in my game I use skins with nipples for everyone, and hair, and everyone's anatomically correct, so... while I appreciate where you're coming from, I'm not, err, trying to be a nipple fascist here or nothin'... It's not a personal moral choice or anything, it's intended to just make a "barbie" skintone as many people want that, and because I wanted a "won't offend any parents, same detail as Maxis" version for upload for MTS2. I will be doing a nippled version for my site (probably including a bit of hair for elsewhere, too) but I chose to leave them off this version as I couldn't display them in the screenshots anyway.

Is this still in the works? I looked at your site for them but I did not see them. It always freaks me out seeing nippleless breasts on my sims, it's creepy looking. I would like to try these defaults if they were anatomically correct (without hair, so you don't have to worry about the drapes matching the carpet if you catch my meaning)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:50 PM
My anatomical versions will be posted on my site when complete - with a notice here that they are up. They will have hair on the females, but just a bit, in a fairly neutral brown. I'll put up my PSDs with the nipples so people can do non-haired versions if they like - I just don't feel like doing 9 different flavours.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:24 PM
I like these skintones, but do you know where I can download some more baby bottle recolours? I have a feeling I'll be needing a lot of them.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:39 PM
Wonderful HP!! I love them!!! I cant wait to make a new simmy! ^^
Forum Resident
#72 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:34 PM
They look great Any chance of alien tones?
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:39 PM
These are beautiful skins, thank you very much!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:48 PM
theisz, which age/gender/skintone was that occurring with, and was it with the defaults, or nondefaults? It's possible I gooned something up - there's a LOT of files to keep straight on skintones, but I can't fix it unless I know where the problem is.

flyingpigeon - Coming soon, little birdie.

Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:52 PM
I was quite silly and did not realize I needed the both downloads for it to work. My apologies. I feel like a dolt at the moment.
Page 3 of 15