Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#151 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Have you ever had dreams related to the sims games? Maybe dreams about your characters, or nightmares about your computer exploding when trying to play the sims. I know I have dreamed about the sims before, but I can't remember my dreams about the game. Can you?

I was dreaming that I was playing the sims 3 and my sims were so SCARY they had gray skin, the whites of their eyes were BLACK and their pupil and the part that's supposed to have color was all red I was afraid that they were going to kill me!!! XD
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:32 AM
You mean they don't normally look that way in TS3? Huh.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#153 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 1st Dec 2018 at 7:11 AM. Reason: remembered a few more details
I had a very strange dream that didn't involve the Sims so much as the Simmers on this site.

I'd gone to a street in my town (that doesn't actually exist) because @Zarathustra had somehow been hired to make a real-life building, some sort of themed restaurant, and I wanted to ask about something. When I got there, though, he (or she? not entirely sure, and it was ambiguous in the dream) was just stalking back and forth muttering about wall limits. For some reason I felt the need to hide under a table that was in the parking lot, but then I realized my cane wouldn't fit under it. So I spent a very long time trying to cross a cornfield that was in the middle of town (that also doesn't exist).

I went into my local pharmacy (which does exist) and found that it was holding some sort of contest, and that Junior Mann of Widespot and Sebastian Rafferty of Emerald Heights were competing to see who could lipsync to various songs the best, and the morning hosts from the local radio station were there. (The songs that they were using in the contest were ones that were playing on the radio this morning. I guess my sleeping mind could still hear it and incorporated it into my dream.) Anyways, there were a lot of MTS members there. I know that @joandsarah77, @smorbie1, @simsample, @AndrewGloria, @kestrellyn and @Charity were there, although I'm not sure how I recognized them because everybody was faceless and I'm not even sure how most of them look in the first place. There were also a lot of other regulars there too that I didn't quite recognize, so don't feel left out if you weren't on the list.

Anyways, one of the Sims won the contest (though I'm not sure which) and their fathers got into a brawl in the middle of the pharmacy. I decided that was the perfect time to take a nap and laid right down on the floor to do so. When I awoke some time later, I decided to check in on MTS and set up my computer on the pharmacy counter to do so. (I had some trouble untangling the cables for the mouse and keyboard.) There was a new thread on the forum about a sudden surprise update to HoodChecker, and someone had discovered some hidden text strings inside it that indicated that Mootilda wasn't dead, but actually hiding out in @Peni Griffin's basement. Mootilda turned out to be a time traveller sent from the future, and apparently programming Sims 2 tools was part of her plan to halt some sort of world-ending disaster (or at least what I presumed was a world-ending disaster–it wasn't entirely clear). Everybody was talking about how clever Peni was because she'd dropped hints in Widespot that involved anagrams of the character's names.

Unfortunately, this is where I woke up. I wonder where else the dream would've gone if my cat hadn't decided to sit on my face.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#154 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 7:28 PM
Gotta say, I kind of love that your first reaction to seeing me stalking back and forth complaining about (wholly unreasonable) restrictions on my creative freedom (totally in character for me, BTW) was to hide.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#155 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 30th Nov 2018 at 8:05 PM. Reason: mistyped one of the anagrams
Out of curiosity, I put the names of the Widespot sims into an online anagram generator. I'm not seeing any clever hints in "Helvetian Tran," "achieving Brie," or "blah unlead."

Mad Poster
#156 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 8:40 PM
I am quite sad not to have made the cut into the dream - highly enjoyed you telling us about it, Bulbizarre!
Mad Poster
#157 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:05 PM
You were probably there, I just didn't recognize you.

Mad Poster
#158 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:17 PM
I don't have a basement, or I'd go check for Mootilda right now.

I often have dreams in which I find new rooms and other spaces in my house, including on one occasion several levels of basement space, so perhaps that's where she is.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#159 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I don't have a basement, or I'd go check for Mootilda right now.

I often have dreams in which I find new rooms and other spaces in my house, including on one occasion several levels of basement space, so perhaps that's where she is.

Discovering a secret hidden room in your house? Be careful what you wish for...

But I kinda feel like that might actually be a common aspect of dreams? At the very least, I've had that happen too. Most of the time it's just connecting to other real locations that aren't actually connected, sometimes it'll actually connect into some of my Sims builds (sidebar, even if it's just a dream, it's AWESOME to get to walk around in your own lots!), sometimes it's just completely random (still the coolest Legend of Zelda dungeon is the one that my brain randomly invented and stuck below the floor of my old high school)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#160 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:58 PM
I often have dreams about areas in my town that actually don't exist in real life, entire streets or subdivisions. They remain surprisingly consistent between dreams as well. (The cornfield was new, though.)

A few years ago I had a particularly vivid dream about a restaurant on a specific street corner. Later on, I learned that there once was a restaurant on that street corner, and it was very close to the one I saw in my dream. The weirdest part is that it was demolished in the mid-1980s, years before my birth.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#161 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
That is an excellent dream and I nearly snorted my coffee when you said Mootilda was hiding out in Peni's basement. That was some happening pharmacy @Bulbizarre

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#162 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 4:05 AM
I really have no idea why my pharmacy would be hosting a lip-sync contest. There isn't really any room in there for one (or for Caesar Rafferty and Rich Mann to get into a fight without knocking over multiple shelves), though that issue was just kind of glossed over. Ah, you have to love dream logic.

Mad Poster
#163 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 5:34 AM
My 'real' dream house--the one I live in, in real life--has a library. Unfortunately, the actual house just sorely needs one.

Last night I dreamed I built a new inhabited neighborhood in the Sims 2. Then I woke up and was disappointed I hadn't, but there was my youngest needing snuggles, so it was okay, you know?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#164 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 8:15 PM
Once I dreamt that all the premade sims were put onto a cruise ship but it ended up like titanic,however the dream always ended right before everyone was about to die.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#165 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 8:53 PM
I had a dream where I was the last Sims 2 player on earth and found upon opening up the game a sim of every Sims 2 player a la the twilight zone. I then cried cause you'd all live on while I died.
Sorry did I say dream? Definitely a nightmare.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:40 AM
Maybe that was the disaster Mootilda was trying to prevent in my dream. After she went back in time, you were the only one left in the bad future.

Instructor
#167 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 11:55 AM
I had several dreams about sims, usually about sims 2, because it was my childhood.

My memorable sims dreams, I try to cut it short:

- Around 2013 I had a very complex story-like weird dream. Around the end of that dream I was playing sims in a fantasy-nature setting, and I noticed that all of my sims' icon had a red background, I checked them, they were mermaids sitting on rocks around the lake. They were dying. I paused and checked the last clickable sim, I saw her bad mood and bad memories. Then I howered my cursor over a male sim standing there and it said his name was Satan (no additional surname). Well, I know why my sims died - I thought to myself.

- When I was a kid I had a very good dream, I enjoyed it so much. I was playing the sims 2, building stuff, and moving around with the camera, it was like I am flying through the buildings. And there were some new modifications to the game, like new view points or interactions, cool objects, build modes or I don't know... When I wake up I was very sad, maybe I checked the game if my dream came true or not.

- In one of my recent dreams I was putting down neighborhood decorations in a Sims 2-Sims Castaway mashup game. Then I was standing in the river as a giant military general-priest man, I put down the object that I clicked on (dome with sims 3 logo), I put it on top of the water tower with sims 2 logo. Then the sims 3 dome fell off, crumbled, and it revealed the sims 4 logo on the water tower instead of the sims 2 logo. I shouted with joy: Renewal! - then laughed and other giant military general men were standing there and they looked at me like I am an idiot.

There were dreams not related to the sims, but I was thinking about the sims in them.
For example in one of my dreams I was an Arabian slave, I was in my European master's house who was not home. At the end I was on the second floor, near a princess Jasmine magazine (that was the only modern object there...). I was thinking about what cc do I need for my game. When I woke up I knew what cc I needed, so that dream was useful...

I don't remember anything else atm. But I am pretty sure there were more sims dreams.
Scholar
#168 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:21 PM
Once i dreamt that ariel capp was being interviewed as an elder and she revealed that after the summerdreams cast infertility upon all capps and monts the feud...somehow stopped?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Inventor
#169 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 4:41 PM
I once had a dream that Grim Reaper burst out of the Hogwarts castle roaring (and running) like a lion and chased the premade Veronaville teens (except for the Montys - who knows why) into a mall that looked more like a mash-up of the Capp, Monty, and Summerdream houses and the Pleasantview shopping center, except that there were a bunch of escalators leading to some TS3 ice cream trucks on the second floor.

The teens then ran into the grocery to grab some swords and shields to fight back against Grim, who suddenly grew a lion's mane and claws. It was apparently so terrifying that the sims ended up splitting up. For some reason, Grim was fixated on Tybalt, who tried to run up the downward escalator to no avail, so Juliet had to run up another escalator to distract him with some sun-shaped pancakes. Meanwhile, Hermia and Miranda were eating biscuits in the toy department, and Puck went to eat a burger and fries at the newly-opened TGI Friday's by the food court.

Somehow, Juliet safely landed after jumping off the second floor balcony and fought Grim directly. After she subdued Lion Grim, Oberon and Titania arrived, saying that they had come to collect their lost prize animal for the carnival. For her valiant efforts, they gave her two tickets to watch their show and they left with Grim in tow. Juliet stared longingly at one of the ice cream trucks until the other teens came back with ice cream cones in their hands yet they didn't offer her one, and they spent the rest of the day window shopping for pillows in a shop run by giants.

While the others were distracted, Juliet was approached by Beauxbaton's Madame Maxime, who was impressed by her heroic act and asked if she'd like to go on a mission for her. They walked away from the unsuspecting group, grabbed some pizza, and continued into an outdoor pumpkin patch, where a yeti shastakiss, HystericalParoxysm, flamingo HugeLunatic, and Delphy were tending to the garden while wearing poofy, white nightgowns. Then it suddenly turned into an Assassin's Creed scene.

Yeah, I don't really understand what happened there and why there was so much food in the dream. Congratulations if you understood that chaos. Looking back at my dream diary, it wasn't even one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had, but since this was the only one with sims (that I can remember, at least), it stuck in my memory and I remembered it after Zarathustra and the others brought up Harry Potter.
Mad Poster
#170 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 4:38 AM
It makes my dream sound like an ordinary day.

Mad Poster
#171 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 10:42 AM
I had another TS2 dream. It was superbly vague, though, and the only thing I can remember is that Mrs. Crumplebottom turned out to have been a front-line soldier/spy in World War II.

Now I'm trying to figure out her age to see if that sort of thing would even be possible, because it'd be an awesome headcanon if so.

Mad Poster
#172 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 12:53 PM
Don't think so.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 3:38 PM
Hey, Steve Rogers and Bucky were frontline soldiers in WWII, and they're still around.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#174 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 11:42 PM
I don't think that Mrs. Crumplebottom has any age data in the game files.

Assuming that TS2 takes place in the mid-2000s, and she was in her early twenties when she joined the war in 1942, she would be in her 80s in the game. Rather spry for it, too.

Helptato
#175 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 8:47 PM
Yeah, last night I dreamt I met my founder for a challenge I'm doing in Widespot. I said hello to her in like a supermarket as if it was a totally normal thing meeting a half zombie Sim out and about in the store.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Page 7 of 9