Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolours for the "Wooden Stairs" (recolourable modular stairs)

by Numenor Posted 25th Mar 2005 at 5:23 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2005 at 11:11 PM by Numenor

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 10:29 AM
Countess, it works now. Thanks for leting me know.
Marina
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 12:39 AM
Default Recolored stairs
Thank you to everyone for all the stair recolors. Especially all the wood ones.( I am crazy about wood) Thanks agian
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 5:36 AM
I just had to give my praise along with everyone else. I love the new color options. I hate being restricted to one or two colors and only per one object like the stairs were. So thank you to Numenor for the Mesh and everyone who has made the recolors. I love you all forever! :bow:
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 3:01 AM
Numenor - thank you so much! (Vedo che abiti in Italia - allora, mille grazie!)
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 8:43 AM
Thanks so much to all of you wonderful people for the recolors
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
IMPORTANT: in order to use these recolours, you have to download the "Recolourable Wooden Modular Stairs" from this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
05 JULY - MissPiggi has added 8 wood and 20 marmor recolours

08 JUNE - Luslipz73 has added a white recolour

28 MAR - JWoods has created a cherry wood recolour

27 MAR - JustMoi has added 14 wooden and stone recolours

27 MAR - Buntah has added her natural wood recolour

26 MAR - Dewshine has added 4 trashed wood recolours

25 MAR - Here are a couple of recolours I've made for my recolourable Wooden stairs: a red wood one and a worn black version.

In case you want to create additional recolours for these stairs (I hope so! ), I've prepared a useful template that you can use to understand which parts of the textures will apply to which part of the mesh.

Please, post in this thread all the recolours you make for the Wooden modular stairs.

I love your creativity--would it be possible to do a recolour version of the "chic" and "heritage" modular stairs? I am a beginner, and I have always wanted some different colors of these modular stairs. The New Orleans style stairs would be great, too. I have Brasstex's recolor of them, but would like some other color options. Thanks for being so great!

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 8:23 PM
Default recolor
I'm in the process of building an house for the beaches of Hawaii and I was hoping for an all white exterior. Any chance their are recolors out there for the wooden railings?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 5:43 PM
I would like to request a recolor of these stairs. The steps blue to match the light blue Maxis horizontal siding, and the railings white (off white, really) that match the pine/white railings. Thanks a bunch, Numenor for making these recolorable!

Sotalia
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 9:19 PM
I hope you are not asking me, because my recolouring abilities are quite poor

Perhaps some more skilled artist can fulfil these requests.
BTW, though I don't mind at all hosting your requests on this thread, you'd have more visibility in the proper Request thread for New Meshes and Recolours.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 11:48 PM
My skills are non-existant. Thanks for the heads-up, I'm heading there right now.

Thanks again!

Sotalia
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 11:04 PM
Default pictures will not show up
Would anyone know why the pictues will not show up ? I can't get anything to come in .

Thank you :wave:
Instructor
#62 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sotalia
I would like to request a recolor of these stairs. The steps blue to match the light blue Maxis horizontal siding, and the railings white (off white, really) that match the pine/white railings. Thanks a bunch, Numenor for making these recolorable!

Sotalia

Don't know if it's close enough to what you're looking for, but did you see that Marina's recolor (the image is linked to, not directly posted) is blue and white?
Test Subject
#63 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 1:54 PM
I have been waiting for more stair colors for a long time! Thanks, Numenor, and everyone else out there recoloring and contributing to this! I know i will probably have to do some recolors here soon, too
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 5:10 PM
Other Stair Recolors
You do amazing work Numenor! Have you by any chance done any recolors of the homestead stairs, or the chic stairs? I would like to be able to use them with the different colors of the half-walls in NL. White for the homestead would be my #1 choice (hint, hint) :nod:

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Field Researcher
#65 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 12:06 PM
thank you !!
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:11 AM Last edited by 2Sim2Quit : 29th Jul 2006 at 5:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to address
justmoi, thank you soooo much. Awesome job.

Thanks Numenor!!!!!!

Learning too soon our limitations, we never learn our powers. -- Mignon McLaughlin
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:41 AM
Wooooow! Thank you, Numenor!

Dont' forget to press the Thanks button. Thanks!

Sims2Good Cloudy seaside mood

Don't include my content (in lots, sims...) but to MTS2, including a link to my thread.
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 2:33 AM
Allow me to add 2 things..

1- My thanks to all for doing these wonderful recolors. - I expect the simple white to get a lot of use in my houses... and i also love the woods and 'marmor's

2- My fervent hope that Numenor a) keeps making other stairs recolorable, B) decides to take a break from stairs to make the fences and gates recolorable so we can have matching fences with our stairs!!
I rarely have a stair that's not surrounded on the top at least with fencing... which NEVER matches... so, now I will have non matching fencing around my 'Marmor' stairs!

(Ps.. What's MARMOR?? LOL)

"Born to WooHoo" T-shirts and items.
My other designs. Feel free to request new ones!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 3:57 PM
Daedreem - Fences can't be "made recolourable" as I did with some modular stairs. You can only create new fences (by cloning one of the MAxis ones) or "recolouring" them by creating a "fake-clone"; both procedures are explained in this tutorial.

PS: "Marmor" I think refers to a marble material.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Mad Poster
#70 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 7:38 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just read the rules creator thing. OH MY GOD THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes such an idiot Nice jub moron Everyone knows numeror is an important modder I join numeror in his laughing, plus another million people come out of nowhere to laugh
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:16 PM
Numenor, what would we ever do without you?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 1:14 PM
I haven't read all the replies here. I don't know if anyone has noticed and /or mentioned about the "magic" funtion of this mod which I only downloaded days ago.

This mod, of course, can not recolor other stairs besides the wooden one but can recolor, or I may say "change", nearly all kinds of objects no matter they are Maxis' or custom's as long as they have over two colors to choose from. Every recolor (change) costs $15. It will save quite a lot of money if you want to change several expansive objects after playing in a house for a long time.

For $15 you can Change the color of your bed frame and bedding, the firplace (not the chimney).... you can change the color of all the windows and doors, etc.... almost everything..... after that you might have the feeling that you're living in an old house no more.

Try it and you may find it quite magical. Thanks Numenor! I bet you youself may not know how wonderful your work has offered.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:33 PM
Thanks Michaelchan, you are very kind, and I'm glad you appreciate my mods so much!

Field Researcher
#74 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:33 AM
Brilliant misspiggi all my stair dreams fullfilled in two downloads, thanks very much.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:45 AM
Every one that contributed to this in my opinion is just Brilliant (and I mean "bril·liant,
ADJECTIVE: 1: Glorious; magnificent 2: Superb; wonderful (But mostly) 3: Marked by unusual and impressive intellectual acuteness)
Page 3 of 4