Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 2:57 AM
Default My snapshots aren't saving and the majority are gone! Help!
PLEASE HELP! D":
I have looked around and can't find anywhere else to turn to for a solution!

Ok so here's the deal. Ever since I installed The Sims 2 University a week ago and went to view the new pictures I took in-game, they're gone! They should be stored in My Documents --> EA Games --> The Sims 3 ---> Storytelling.
Right? Because that's where they've always been and I've been able to view them!

I did move a lot of my families, so would that have deleted their picture album photos from that folder? Even if, it wouldn't explain why any new photos I take don't save to the folder! Also backed up some of my files toa new folder, but just copied, and they didn't even include the storytelling folder.

The movies I taka save just fine, however.
I have not check the in-game photoalbum.
But the My Documents etc. folders should have them all, right? Last night I took a ton of pictures and only the very last one I took before exiting the game saved into that folder. Now, I go into that folder today after taking pictures and it's gone! Again, the movies are all still there and fine. Also, whenever I double-click on Storytelling folder, it freezes sometimes. now it's showing a few web icons. When I double click them, they open up internet explorer in what seesms some html/in game files. (If you need screencaps I can get those for you)

Here are some facts:
-I had the Sims 2, with no touble with pictures.
-Installed the Inteenimator, no trouble.
-Took pictures as much as I'd like, no trouble.

-Installed The Sims 2 University Expansion Pack.
-Sims could not go to class or do assignments. I found the reason to be the incompatibility with the Inteenimator.
-Uninstalled the inteenimator(deleted all the folders from the downloads folder)
-Sims could now go to class etc.
-After taking pictures and exiting game to see them, I noticed they were not there AS WELL AS none of my prior pictures! HOWEVER: Some of my brother's sim's pictures remain and all the NPC photos too.
-Installed the University Compatable Inteenimater.
-Took pictures, exited game, still no pictures, but videos are fine.

Again, PLEASE help me! Taking pictures of my characters is one of my main focuses! Thank you!
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 3:00 AM
Your photos aren't there, that's only where they are in the base game.

They will be in the folder here

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR-USERNAME\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Storytelling

where N001 is your neighborhood number
#3 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 3:02 AM
Try

My Documents --> EA Games --> The Sims 2 -->Neighbourhoods ---> N001, N002, N003, ETC * ---> Storytelling.

That happened to me, but they are actually saved in the neighbourhood folder.

*: Whatever neighbourhood they were in, it will be that.

N001: Pleasantview
N002: Strangetown
N003: Veronaville.
and so on. there will be more N00_ if you have custom neighbourhoods.
Site Helper
#4 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:11 PM
I also discovered that if you take too many pictures you need to open the story folder in the game and add them to the story. Or delete the extra ones you took in case the one you really wanted to get didn't work. I didn't count them to see how many "too many" was but I think it was somewhere around 30 sitting loose. Once they are foldered into a story album the limit seems to go away. I have one story with about 150 pictures in it so far.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook