Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:07 AM
Default A problem with Pets...
I'm not sure if someone talked about this yet, but in my game (and in one of my friend's game it happens too), when I tell a Sim to do any action on a pet (cat or dog, it doesn't matter), the Sim goes around the pet, like multiple times, and the action is on the queue and the pet is waiting for it, but I have to insist like 5 times until the sim stops going round and round and does the action I asked.

This annoys me deeply, and I wonder if it happens with anyone's game too. :smash:
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 5:22 AM
i get that as well some time mostly having to do with changing their appearance i hop ethis will get fixed with the coming patches...and also sometimes itll happen on just tryiong to play with the pet as well i need to pay more attention and see if maybe it could have somthing to do with the pets motives? like if hes really hungry and want to go eat but having your sim try to do somthing with him messing things up because at the same time the pets like darn it im hungry leave me alone (does that make any sense at all?)

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
i get that as well some time mostly having to do with changing their appearance i hop ethis will get fixed with the coming patches...and also sometimes itll happen on just tryiong to play with the pet as well i need to pay more attention and see if maybe it could have somthing to do with the pets motives? like if hes really hungry and want to go eat but having your sim try to do somthing with him messing things up because at the same time the pets like darn it im hungry leave me alone (does that make any sense at all?)

Yes I understand what you're saying but in my game, even when I'm trying to do something they want and need, it does the same thing.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 1:10 PM
Yes, I have the same thing in my game.. Maybe the sim+pet actions need lots of space, so they keep turning around and around trying to find an empty spot to perform the animation? lol! no idea.

It's quite annoying yes. ):

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 4:21 AM
dorka i think you may have a point i think at least half of the times i try to do somthing with my pets that just wont happen is when its in a semi confined space...i ll have to try changing the dogs appearance which is currently the problem occuring the most in a very open place (as in ill move the mirror outside lol) maybe that will work

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:26 PM
I noticed since Pets there is the same problem with Toddlers- when you teach them to walk the sims end up walking round and round each other looking for space.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:42 PM
I thought about that, it might be lack of space. good point...I never noticed with toddlers though.
#8 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 8:36 PM
Yeh this happens to me whenever my sims try to bath a dog... it's so annoying!
Metioned it in this thread:
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=31059
Hoping the patch will fix it! *fingers crossed*