Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:31 PM
Default *Hangs head in utter shame*
Have you heard of the dumb blonde stereotype?

Well this just proves that it's true (at least for me anyway)

For Christmas I got the H&M, Teen Style and the Celebrations SP's and as usual I have played the sims just about everyday since then. But for the last few days i've noticed that i've not seen most of the items from these SP's in my game. I have now just sat for the last hour searching through all of buy mode looking for any items from these packs. I've been getting myself worked up into a frenzy thinking it must be a something that i've downloaded that is causing them not to show up and if that's the case i'm going to have to sit down and go though each folder in my downloads until I find the culprit (something i've had to do once before and I nearly deleted my whole downloads folder because after 3 hours I was so frustrated with it)

So I exited my game to firstly come on here to ask if anyone else has encountered the same problem but before I did I thought (I'm not sure why) i'd go take a look in the actual EA Games folders. Well, low and behold, my solution was staring me bold in the face...

I HADN'T EVEN INSTALLED THEM!!! :doh :doh :doh

*walks away redder than a beetroot*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:34 PM
Haha! I've actually done the exact same thing with celebration stuff. So you are not alone in the world. haha
-Gypsie-
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:01 AM
phew! I feel a little better knowing at least i'm not the only one :-p
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:41 AM
How about when you download something and load up the game searching high and low for the item unable to find it. You're scratching your head wondering if you forgot to download the mesh and quietly cursing the creator for borking the file. You even return the site you downloaded the item from to see if anyone else had issues with it showing up in the game...

Only to realize that the file you searched high and low for is still sitting in your documents folder because you forgot to extract the damn thing!!!

Happens to me FAR too often
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:56 AM
Ha! Once I was at Target, thought about buying H&M stuff, but decided against it, bought a few other things, then, when I got home home I couldn't find the game box and started to freak out thinking I had lost it on the bus, a minute later I remembered that I had decided not to buy the game. Duh. I felt dumb. :D
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:11 AM
lmao - i've read your replies twice and I'm still laughing!!
#7 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 6:08 PM
:laugh: Luckily, I'm so excited about installing the game its the first thing I do when I get home, I often get told off for sitting at the laptop still in my coat.
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:39 PM
Ferret - lol.. I'm the same and I thought I had installed them, I must of been so keen to start playing the game with the new SP's that I couldn't even wait for them to install lmao