Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 7:16 PM
Default Can you edit apartments?
Hi there,I'm using apartment life for the first time simce i bought it in 2008 and i'm enjoying it,but there's one big annoying problem...Everytime i make a meal,my sim will walk to the otherside of the yard (which is very far) ,put down the plate of food,walk back to his house,eat the food on his couch,walk back to the next side of the yard and put down the plate .Its annoying the fucking hell outta me .Is it possible to edit the furniture outside the apartment ?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 9:51 PM
You need to use cheats to edit an occupied apartment lot, and it will only affect the lot for the residents you are playing when you do the editing. I think the required cheat is boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false, but don't hold me to that. I don't like the sublot-only aspect, so when I get an Apartment lot that misbehaves, I evict all my residents, bulldoze the lot, plop down a clean copy, change it to a normal residence, edit it to my liking, and then save it as an apartment lot and move everyone back in.

However, just to be clear: as long as there is an available seat in their own apartment, Sims will not eat the food they serve outside. I believe they will eat the landlord's Saturday gathering pizza or hamburgers outside.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM
Thats the perfect answer I was looking for,thanks a bunch .There is a seat in my apartment,35 to be exact but there is no dining table,only 4 counters and a desk .And I hate cheating so i'll use your method,thanks again .
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 12:21 AM
It's not exactly what you asked, but your post reminded me of something I had seen. After a bit of search I found it again.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344327

Installing takes a bit of patience since there are other required files for it to work, but otherwise it is ok. (Just install the .package files. Readme explains.) I downloaded it, installed and did a test in Belladonna Cove house where Gabrien Green and Chastity live. They used to carry the serving platter up to the roof and eat there. The serving platter changed immediately, but they did still eat up until I bought two barstools. After the short try, I do believe it works as it is meant to do.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:34 AM
Thats not what i asked but that was what my problem was about,thanks :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:54 AM Last edited by gabrielorie : 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:41 AM.
I also have another question,can you add or remove additional walls in apartments?Also how do you change a lot type?I've only seen that option in the sims 3
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 11:19 AM
Editing a specific apartment: boolprop SublotSpecificToolsDisabled false
Editing the whole apartment lot: boolprop AptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
Changing lot type: changeLotZoning following by residential/community/apartmentbase
SimsWiki has a whole page to game's cheats: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...p:Sims_2_Cheats
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:23 PM
Thanks Nalia .The change lotzoning one worked perfectly .Now my sim dosen't walk long distances to put down a plate .But now the landlord can't serve pizza...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 7:55 PM
That's the first thing I would have said--change zoning. Then when you're done, change it back.

I tell you what, sometimes whoever designed these things can get a bit clueless. Sometimes just changing a door's position, like in a 2X3 bathroom, can make the difference as to what you can put in the rooms and how you can arrange them.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 8:55 PM
The changelotzoning cheat works only on unoccupied lots. I've had it work without exiting the lot before I installed Seasons, but I've read elsewhere that you need to use the cheat, exit the lot, and re-enter the lot for the zoning to change. I'm going to try that since suddenly it's not working for me, but if installing Seasons is what made me start having to do that now, I'm going to have one more thing for which I'm irritated with EA.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 1:18 AM
Yeah, I forgot to add that part about it being unoccupied before you change zoning.