Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:44 AM
2 questions
my first question is for people who have Double Deluxe, and Pets. I'm trying to re-organize my downloads folder, and I was wondering if anyone knows what was origionally in it... I know I have the original stuff in there somewhere, but there's a *lot* of cc too...

annnnd to my second question, which is along the same tangent: I could probably figure this out on my own, but - if I make folders in the Downloads folder, will things still work right? or do I need to keep everything just in the Downloads folder.

I know these are cc questions, but I couldn't find the answers in the help section...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:53 AM
As long as you have at least Nightlife (included in Double Deluxe) you can use sub-folders . Sims Fashion Barn has a hand section that is a object catalog for Sims 2 base game and all EP's SP's that will tell you what items came with Pets - You can find ithere
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:54 AM
The Downloads folder is empty except for custom content. There is no "original" game content in there; in fact, when you first install the game, there isn't even a Downloads folder. It is automatically generated the first time you use the game's Sims2Pack installer. Or, for those of us who prefer to use the clean installer, we have to manually create the Downloads folder.

And with Nightlife and higher, you can definitely subfolder your cc in Downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 5:08 AM
mine had some stuff in it, and came when I first installed the game... it had roughly 10 .PACKAGE files in it too

Thanks for that, I'm looking it up as we speak
#5 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 5:18 PM
Maybe double deluxe comes with special items? Never heard of that before but it's possible. Subfoldering is very good I would most likely go mad if I didn't have that capability.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:02 PM
I have Double Deluxe and no special items. Did you maybe register and get store points and get some items with those? I don't know if those would appear in the folder or not. I didn't register mine because I don't see any purpose to it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 9:29 PM
I didn't register mine, because I don't even have internet on that computer. I figured everyone had those files that had my eps...

*SUBfolders* Gah, why couldn't I think of that word? thanks for that too O.o
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 9:38 PM
hmmm.. I think I remember that hair and skins have to stay in downloads rather than subfoldered....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 10:25 PM
skins as in skincolors right? I'm fairly new to this
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 10:44 PM
With NL and later EPs, there are no restrictions on what can be subfoldered in Downloads. With just the base game or Uni as your highest EP, there are. Game Help:Organizing Custom Contentwiki