Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Jemcrystal : 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:12 PM.
Default [Bon Voyage] My vampire wants to go on vacation...
Is it possible to make a vampire hotel?
1st) I can make hotels, right? The game let's me?

2nd) Do vamp coffins have to be underground?

3rd) Anyone taken their vampire on vacation before? Did it work out well?

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:21 PM
1. Yes, you can make a vampire hotel

2. No, just a room without windows where no on can disturbe them, they are sensitive to noise so don't have them share rooms.

3. I have, since the vacation NPC's you have to learn stuff from like gestures, dances etc remain on community lots until around midnight you simply have your Vampire sleep during the day and go out aftre 6 pm. The only vacation memories they really can't fulfill are the "Got a Tan" memory (if there is one don't remember). It is no different than taking any other Sim on vacation.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:39 PM
There's not a "got a tan" memory but there is a "sunbathe" want they can roll. Although you can still have them sunbathe at night it will still fulfill the want, which I find somewhat silly but that's how it goes.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:43 PM
I believe there was an old episode of the Adam's Family in which they went moonbathing. I think they were also mindful of moonburns.

(Of course, scientifically speaking, moonlight is sunlight reflected off the moon since the moon doesn't emit light. So perhaps they're just getting a very small dosage of sunlight that's still healthy for them? )

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#5 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 2:59 AM
If you're not that into playing realistic vampires, sims2workshop has a daytime vamp mod. The only drawback to that is inviting other vamps over in the day they don't stay longer then an hour.