Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:24 PM
(noob question) Where does bodyshop save my files?
If I recolor a shirt and then commit it to game, where does that file go on my PC?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:32 PM
Your Saved Sims folder, I believe. There will also be files saved into your Projects folder, but they won't work in game.

I think this is right, I get confused about this!

**EDIT** Checked it in the Creator Guidelines, and I'm pretty sure I'm right :-) Maybe!
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 11:20 PM
Laura is right, the projects folder only saves the files that you are supposed to recolor. The Saved Sim folder is where the finished product goes after your finished body shop creation is imported into you game. I usually take the files from my Saved Sims folder and put it in my downloads folder I don't know if you're supposed to do that though ._.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Your Saved Sims folder, I believe. There will also be files saved into your Projects folder, but they won't work in game.

I think this is right, I get confused about this!

**EDIT** Checked it in the Creator Guidelines, and I'm pretty sure I'm right :-) Maybe!

You are entirely correct (ta daa) - remember kids, you can also rename the files you find in Saved Sims at will so name your creation something recognizable and descriptive. I always use the code I used in TS1 days (so all my files begin with max_) followed by something descriptive: FALaura215mesh_red for example (FA = female adult, laura215mesh would be your 215th mesh and so on).