Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:47 AM
Default Pets and University is an alright expansion after all
I mean it is cool to have some animals in the game right? a skunk, a cat, a dog, a wombrat, a bird or two, but the expansion i find a little annoying is University. Most of the time, on my game even after I graduate, a young adult with honors, it is not guaranteed to get them a higher or even mid rank career level at start. And i just found out recently,

that, if your sims are high skill in something, (could be anything), like creativity, (example) it increases the change of starting a career in the mid section, or high section anyway. Depending on how much job skill points you have to begin with before looking for a job. the only downside is that only college graduates can access the 5 other career jobs that come with the expansion pack. but I'm sure with a mod, cheat or someone could just recreate the career for any sim. In my opinion no expansion is bad not even University, and no I am not making a request.

When University first came out ,I got it, loved it, I mean if you only have the base game and that it, University is awesome at first by itself. But when adding other expansion packs, it kinda has a rip in the pants. Pets on the other hand, you can let your creativity unleash, on a whole new level, and pets can even make you money. I think EA did a good job on all the expansion packs but my least favorite is actually University and Pets, but yet I still think their both awesome too, mainly because I LOVE the sims 2.

As I am trying to say don't down on any sims 2 expansion pack, get them all, and you won't regret it. I would recommend getting the cd's though, never know how long EA will keep origin. I don't trust EA and sadly i was one of their biggest fans some time ago.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:59 AM Last edited by sims 1 : 17th Aug 2014 at 10:37 AM.
and speaking of animals anyone remember in the sims 1 hot date expansion, Clarie the bear, it gets even more funny in the sims 1 complete collection or also hot date and makin magic where Clerie the bear goes after your bee hives and a swarm or bees start stinging the bears butt and she starts running off the lot while your sims are sound asleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBIlteuZ0c

youtube video by:Aquarius199

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:59 AM
Personally, I love university for the expansion in gameplay it brings. I don't just see it as a means to an end. In fact, I have a mod which prevents graduates from starting too high up in any career.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:07 PM
The university degree does give a boost but not in all careers, just in certain ones. There's a thread on MATY somewhere with all of the original values and a mod you can download to adjust them to your own liking.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:32 PM
I like university for itself, but even if I didn't send anyone there, the EP comes with the musical instruments and the first pool table. I use those constantly.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:07 PM
They lost creativity with Stinky Skunk in Sims 2. In Sims 1 he was called Henri LeStanc. XD
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:44 PM
I like University too. I probably wouldn't if one had to play through school as child and teen as well, since that'd feel like too much school for fun. But since it's just Uni, and you live there, there's lots of things to do surrounding it. For me, it's just more time with my Sims where they aren't childish teens but not quite adults.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:16 PM
I think I like University so much because I'm in University. I send quite a lot of my sims to university (even though in my game they have to pay quite a lot just to go) It's one of my all time favourite EPs. Even though before I use to think it was lacking quite a bit compared to other EPs, I love zombies and cowplants and just overall sending my sims to university and letting them have the "uni experience".
I think uni only gives boosts in some careers. When you're picking a major it should come up at the side which career track it would fit with, I think you get a boost in those careers only, though I'm not sure. - All my sims who have gone to uni and got a job got a boost in their careers, and I had based their majors on which careers I wanted them to go into. Also you should be able to go into any career and set the level using Boolprop and shift-clicking on the newspaper.

Pets I don't like as much, partly because I've never had a pet so I just forget to add them to families unless the children are nagging for one. In fact all sims who don't have pets tend to annoy me with their constant want to have them, but I don't wanna download a mod to get rid of that because sometimes I like that children want a pet, because I remember being a child and constantly telling my Mum how instead of a little brother, I wanted a dog. Though lately I've been having fun breeding pets. My last laptop decided it no longer wanted to run Sims after I installed pets, and in my new game I'm only just starting up a rotation so I've never had a born-in-game puppy become a dog yet (or with a cat) in any game recently, so I'm quite looking forward to seeing how genetics play out in pets. I remember breeding green furr puppies in an old game.

Also, not to sound rude or like I'm trying to be a mod by saying this, but Sims 1 I've noticed you double-posting a lot on forums. I think it's against the forum rules to do so, so please be more careful in the future and if you want to add on to what you said, just edit your post. Some people see it as trying to bump the thread or just being rude to double post.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:44 PM
I love university. I love stuffing at least 6 students in a dorm and I love everything they have to do, do and do for fun. I have bought all the ep's and now have UC - and University is still my favourite one.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:26 PM
Pets are alright for me, but for University, I mainly like the objects introduced in that expansion. In getting my Sims the actual degrees, I often just don't attach a college to the neighborhood, and once the teens grow up into adulthood I use the Batbox to, in a cheaty way, get them a college degree. Memories are granted, milestones achieved, and diplomas issued.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:57 PM
In terms of the career boost, you do know that it only happens if they're looking at a career that's linked to whatever major they had in college? You can see which careers are linked to which majors on the major selection screen that comes up when you have a Sim declare a major. So, a degree in, say, Biology, won't do diddly-squat for your Sim if they're looking at, say, the Criminal career, but you'll see the boost if they're looking at, say, the Medicine career. And it's still linked to skill points, too. If the Sim graduated with honors without filling all the skill points that the classes require (it IS possible), then they won't receive as big of a boost at they might have otherwise.

That said, I don't recall if the boost works when looking at jobs in the newspaper or only if looking at them on the computer. I very rarely use the newspaper to get Sims jobs; it's either they look on a computer or I use the Sim Blender to give them the career/level I want them to have.

Anyway, that's how it works. I do remember having a Sim who graduated with honors in the PoliSci major, and they got bumped all the way up to Level 9 in the Military career, which to me was TOO high, so I bumped them back down a few levels.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Personally, I love university for the expansion in gameplay it brings. I don't just see it as a means to an end. In fact, I have a mod which prevents graduates from starting too high up in any career.

Could you share the name of that mod? I love the university expansion and (too often) make sure that my sims excell in their studies, but I don't like that they can max most carreers in a few days.
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:12 AM
I'm just getting into pets myself since I got the Ultimate Collection; It is interesting to create pets and I'm waiting to see how they interact with their families
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
Could you share the name of that mod? I love the university expansion and (too often) make sure that my sims excell in their studies, but I don't like that they can max most carreers in a few days.

It could be harderjobs from MATY.