Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 5:45 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Dec 2014 at 9:40 PM.
Default ( Solved ) Why is Sims Mail disppearing ?
I never had this ever happen since I been playing the Sims, It's only in this "one Household only" no where else in my neighborhood.
When my Sims go to the mail box to get his mail he do reach inside and then take the mail out, the mail is in the Sims hands for sure, while he is still standing in front of the box, but then it just "disappears "

Have any of you members ever experience this ? If so how did you solve this problem ? I do want my Sims to pay their bills ( I do not want the Repo man coming over ) Is there a mod or something that can stop the disappearing mail ?
First time I have ever had this happen in my game, and it is only with this one household in my custom neighborhood no where else or any other neighborhoods or household is this happening.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:16 AM
Can you click on mailbox and "pay all bills"? I am using this if they put mail somewhere I cannot find.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Can you click on mailbox and "pay all bills"? I am using this if they put mail somewhere I cannot find.

@>>Annaminna >> As soon as the Sims get the mail out of the box, it just disappear while he is standing at the mail box with it in his hand, so no he is not putting it anywhere else.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 8:24 AM
Sounds like a CC issue to me. Someone on that lot may be wearing an outfit that is corrupted, or something such. Test without CC. (back up first).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:04 PM
He isn't due for a date letter is he? If you have AL Fixes then those will disappear when removed from the mailbox.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:13 PM
If it's not the date letters, then try it again with testingcheats on. It sounds like something is throwing an error and this will tell you what it is.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:22 PM
I was going to ask if it was a date letter too. Have a look in the inventory of the sim who gets the mail, if it is a letter you will see it in there.

You lied to meā€¦There is a Swansea!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
He isn't due for a date letter is he? If you have AL Fixes then those will disappear when removed from the mailbox.

No the Sims isn't due for a date letter, and I do not have AL EP.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 11:48 PM
I'm with Simsfreq on this, it really sounds like an error. Your reply doesn't mention if you have tried enabling testingcheats or not?
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 4:15 AM
I want to thank every single member who reply to this post and try to help. Thank you all I found out the "Culprit" first I sent my Sims and his live in girlfriend to the Family Bin and place them in one of my home that I build.
After placing the Sims in one of my own build home soon the mail carrier came by, so my Sim went to the mail box took out the mail, It " did not" disappear he walk straight to an end table, I always place a small table near the inside door so Sims can place their mail there. Then he walk back and place the mail in the box to pay his bills.

After more than once testing this Sims back and forward between my own build home ( there was no problem in my own home that I build ) now the "darn" home that he was originally in which is "The Culprit" was a download lot that I got from another Sims site. That one reason why I rarely download other creators lots sometime it can cause problems, and one of the ""Big" reason why a long time ago I started learning to build my own lot.

This disappearing mail really work my last good nerve today. So I need a strong drink Oh I forgot I do not drink alcohol, so I will settle for a cup of herbal tea to calm my nerves. thank goodness it's over.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:49 AM
You didn't pick up an old buyable mailbox by chance?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You didn't pick up an old buyable mailbox by chance?

@>>joandsarah>> I don't know if it was a buyable mail box or not, but one thing I am sure of is it was the house lot that I downloaded from that other Sims site.
Never again for me, but here on MTS the few lots I did download I never had problems with. But as I have said I prefer to just build my own.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 1:13 AM
I've had this issue before, not sure what caused it, but the fix was very simple. Simply enable the testing cheats and then Shift+Click on the mailbox. Click "Force Error" and then reset it. The Sim should be able to get the mail out of the box.
Theorist
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 3:44 AM
It's possible the house got packaged with mail in the box. When your sim removed mail, it was returned to sender. Just kidding, but that might be possible about the mail having bills in it I suppose. Downloading houses is a bit scary, I mostly build my own but occasionally download and most always find some sort of problem. Now I look at the pictures for hints that a sim lived in the house, if so, I won't download it. A newspaper, or chairs that are slid into table, desk or chess table, a sim or pet in a picture, even a mailbox flag in the up position. I do spend a lot of time while waiting at doctor appointments drawing house plans on graph paper, easy way to plan out routing and easier to switch things around while building.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.