Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:13 PM
For comparison, on my old pc (Rip), it take 1 hour! till the game has loaded. I have almost the same amount of CC like now (11-13 Gb) and the game itself works fine. Before I had Win7 Ultimate 32bit, now I have Win10 64 bit and a quad core. My Pc now is muuuuuch better then before (Ram, Graphic..everything) but the limit seems to be the same. (But the most of my cc is the same as before..)The diffrence is the loading time (now its faster with 20 minutes) and the better graphic (because of the better graphic card + graphicrulesmaker). The bodyshop loads faster, too.

And I have look in SimPE about the polys. My downloaded Ts3 carousel has over 40 000 (!!!) polys, the Sims2 carousel over 9000...
I'll just watch a few other things in SimPe, cause I'm interested..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 5th May 2017 at 9:33 PM
Out of curiosity, how much ram did you have now and before?
(Also yay for faster loading times!)

It isn't as bad for something like the carousel to have that polycount: iirc, it's something like 6x6 tiles, which makes it a little over 1100 polys by tile. Much more reasonable once put in perspective, especially since it's a fancy object you're unlikely to use more than once in a lot. (The TS3 conversion is also much more detailed that Echo's original mesh.) Anyways.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Instructor
#53 Old 5th May 2017 at 9:52 PM Last edited by KaterMikesch77 : 5th May 2017 at 10:41 PM.
I haven't this much : 8Gb now and I think it was 4Gb before. Yes, it;s faster but the limit seems to be the same, so I think Ram alone can't increase limit of cc.
20 minutes for loading with 11,6 Gb CC is okay or not?

(I haven't Echos, rather a other creator, but doesn't matter.) And I admit, the TS3 conversion looks better. Thats why I still have it. And its not only a deco object. Yay!

Edit: I testet it now and it takes exactly 16 minutes to load the game. Thats good, I think
Mad Poster
#54 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
In what sense? There are differences in some ways but not in others.

I was just wondering if there were separate limits for clothes CC and object CC.
Instructor
#55 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
amora_selvagen: I'm strongly suspecting the 'limit' is driven by the amount of ram, tbh. What percent of your downloads folder would you say is object meshes?

Yes mostly objects (I am a junkie downloader needing a rehab soon)... I figure out the last 3-4 month my gameplay resume to place CC until it crashes and than starts all over...lol
My log is:
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 3628.800048Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 1024MB
Free memory: 1024MB
User: luadl
Computer: LUA
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 191b, Board: 103b1025, Chipset: 0006
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 21.20.16.4550, GUID: D7B78E66-5A5B-11CF-5362-2B30BDC2D835
Driver version: 4550
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.780373, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 4096MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1
I got a 32gb of ram and two graphic cards but the GRM only plays by the Intel one (I do not know why)... Since I patch the game with the CFF 4gb the limit went up to 15gb... I just wish we would figure out how to play like before when the limit was not a real problem. I was not angry with "40 min"(honestly was long ...maybe not 40 min...but I could go make the lunch and do some stuff whle loading ...lol) of loading game. Now is faster and still ... 15 Gb isn't enough for a CC addict

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#56 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:22 PM
If you go into the control panel of your proper graphics card, you'll be able to set TS2 as a high performance app which will force it to use the card.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:57 PM
If you have many Ts4 to 2 conversions you may want to get rid of those or at least check the poly count first, some recent pram meshes were something like 20K. I was told it's something to do with smoothing, but that the poly count could be made much better- if a mesher took it on. Toss a few of those poly nightmares into play and your computer could easily go over it's limit. So as beautiful as they are I tossed them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:41 PM
amora_selvagen: I have the same amount of RAM and my game handles pretty much the same amount of CC I wish I could magically double my RAM and test if it actually does something.

When you guys say TS3/4 conversions, do you mean that of EA objects, or CC original made for those game? I'm a bit confused here tbh.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#59 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:16 AM
Well I didn't want to name names, but 2fingerwhiskeys conversions. Beautiful conversions but sky high polys. I am guessing they are game objects converted? I don't actually know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#60 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:57 AM
2FW's things are mostly converted CC. TS3/TS4 meshers usually seem to favor style over polycounts.
Page 3 of 3