Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 1:53 PM
Default What Are You Going To Do With Apartment Life?
For you storytellers and players out there what do you plan to do with Apartment life? Are you going to be moving your current sims there or remaking them in the new hood or are you going to cook up new things and new people in Belladonna Cove?

I am excited about this EP, this is the best one IMO since UNI and I hope its as awesome as it looks so far. I have always wanted the butler back! I missed him from Sims 1 lol. I am going to build a huge penthouse and have nothing but snobby rich sims in it, and Im going to build some projects too.

I think this new EP will open a lot of new avenues for play- I love the new interactions they added and I love the witches. Ive never played much with the werewolves, aliens, plantpeople and vamps but witches seem more an actual game with things to do so I will at least try that out.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:36 PM
Hmm...

1) Lilith Pleasant will become a evil witch, cast spells on her family, leave for University and living happily ever after in the magical world with Puck.

2) Summerdreams = Magic. There's no other way.

3) Alexander Goth will go through university, and come back to find out his family has been keeping his and Beau's love-child growing up in a secret basement because they believe Keldar will bring shame upon the Goths if anyone finds out about Alex and Beau's relationship. Alex goes insane, falls into a spiral of anger and despair, leading to the dark arts, and it's up to Beau and baby Keldar to teach him happiness again.

4) Brandi Broke will be thrown out of her trailer by Dustin, who has currently impregnanted Angela and will do so again when she's in University, causing Angela to drop out to raise the kids. Meanwhile, with the little money she has scraped together, Brandi and her two young twin girls will be moving into a one-bedroomed apartment and trying to make ends meet. Other people within that building will include Dirk Dreamer, who is trying to scrape a living and get out of an alcohol-fuelled lifestyle caused by his break-up with Lilith and his inability to afford University when he was younger.

5) After causing Alex's breakdown, Cassandra Goth will move out into an apartment with her and Don's twins. I may move her into the same building as Brandi and Dirk, only to make her and Brandi be nasty neighbours.

Apart from that, it's a case of see how I go and what inspires me between now and then.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:40 PM
I'll turn all my female sims into witches :D

No, I'll try exploring with the witches that came with the game and see what they do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Hmm...

1) Lilith Pleasant will become a evil witch, cast spells on her family, leave for University and living happily ever after in the magical world with Puck.

2) Summerdreams = Magic. There's no other way.

3) Alexander Goth will go through university, and come back to find out his family has been keeping his and Beau's love-child growing up in a secret basement because they believe Keldar will bring shame upon the Goths if anyone finds out about Alex and Beau's relationship. Alex goes insane, falls into a spiral of anger and despair, leading to the dark arts, and it's up to Beau and baby Keldar to teach him happiness again.

4) Brandi Broke will be thrown out of her trailer by Dustin, who has currently impregnanted Angela and will do so again when she's in University, causing Angela to drop out to raise the kids. Meanwhile, with the little money she has scraped together, Brandi and her two young twin girls will be moving into a one-bedroomed apartment and trying to make ends meet. Other people within that building will include Dirk Dreamer, who is trying to scrape a living and get out of an alcohol-fuelled lifestyle caused by his break-up with Lilith and his inability to afford University when he was younger.

5) After causing Alex's breakdown, Cassandra Goth will move out into an apartment with her and Don's twins. I may move her into the same building as Brandi and Dirk, only to make her and Brandi be nasty neighbours.

Apart from that, it's a case of see how I go and what inspires me between now and then.

Love that drama! Sounds so fun!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PinkLily
Love that drama! Sounds so fun!

Thanks! The one thing I love about EPs the most is figuring out how to mesh the features in within my existing storylines, and creating news ones.:D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:19 PM
good question.

1) firstly, i will load up a quck apartment and see how it works.
2) then, after backing up my game, i will see if its possible (with the stay things shrub) to come and go as i please between apartments and normal houses with my selfsim. I want to rent an apartment flat AND keep my existing houses for him.

3)package up everything from belladonna cove, and transfer it over to my existing single hood and its subhoods. if BDC is really nice i may incorporate it as a sub-hood. but theres alot of competition from custom neighbourhoods, so probably not. i may or may not build a quick poor area.

4) see what all this witchcraft is about! I already use the excellent Echo magic pack for my selfsim, he is already a top class wizard. hes gonna get even better!

5) browse the items in build mode to see whats there.

6) call up work and tell them i'm sick again. mwah hah hah.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_

6) call up work and tell them i'm sick again. mwah hah hah.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:56 PM
Put it in the bin :P

just kidding.

It all depends on when I buy it before I can plan what to do ^.^
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 10:20 AM
the way you put the question is kinda weird... it sounds like what are you going to do with the CD(s), not what are you going to do in the game lol

well... i'll experiment with teh witches and maybe make one to look like ino from guilty gear
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 8:45 PM
Explore Belladonna Cove thoroughly, see if it's worth playing, work out how apartments work through one of the pre-mades, scope out the new outfits/content etc.

Then, more excitingly, I've just downloaded and made over some GORGEOUS penthouse apartments by Wolfsim at TSR, and from what I've seen of AL in previews, they look like they'll work great within the game. So I'll be loading up my usual 'hood and moving some of my filthy rich upper Havenport playboy/girl sims into their new homes.

I'm so excited about this EP. It looks closest to how I've always wanted to play the Sims 2. I hope it doesn't let me down.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 9:13 PM
Populate my neighborhoods with apartments...mwahahahahaha *evil grin*
If you ask me, I'd like to have nothing but apartments in my game...maybe just a couple of houses in the wealthy part of the neighborhood...
And, of course, see what the witches can do (can't wait for the witches XD)

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 9:40 PM
First, I will make peace with my computer and declare, "Lagging is not the answer!" and hope it realizes it cannot resist the EP invasion.

Then, I will stir up some trouble, because that's what I do. ;]

I'm super excited about the open mic, because in TS1 I had a pop singer named Coco that would haunt the Superstar lounges. Also, I'll finally let my YAs grow up and move into apartments... where they will actually know which stove is theirs.
#13 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elly001
Explore Belladonna Cove thoroughly, see if it's worth playing, work out how apartments work through one of the pre-mades, scope out the new outfits/content etc.

Then, more excitingly, I've just downloaded and made over some GORGEOUS penthouse apartments by Wolfsim at TSR, and from what I've seen of AL in previews, they look like they'll work great within the game. So I'll be loading up my usual 'hood and moving some of my filthy rich upper Havenport playboy/girl sims into their new homes.

I'm so excited about this EP. It looks closest to how I've always wanted to play the Sims 2. I hope it doesn't let me down.

Ditto. Already downloaded Wolfsims apartments and looking forward to play.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 4:06 PM
I will hunt down updates to all my hacks & mods!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 4:09 PM
I'll probably create a few new single sims and move them into an apartment complex to get the hang of it. Let the love triangles begin!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#16 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:45 AM
I don't have any story ideas in mind (I'm just now starting to play again after a long time away from the game). However, there is one thing I want to do with one of my sims.... I wanna be a slum lord!!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:51 AM
I've got an idea for a story, so once I get Apartment Life, I'm guessing that the first thing I'll do is move some sim into their new homes and start taking pictures! Heh...I've already started building future apartement blocks.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:53 AM
I will probaly shove my sims that have no home (i.e. divorce, back from college, failure teens) into an appartment.
Romance Sims R Us? Yeah!

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

#19 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:50 AM
Love all of your ideas! I'll be doing nothing with AL, since I'm "not" purchasing it. Although if I do give in (and I might) Brandi Broke will be moving into an apartment, while Dustin goes to college. Also I'll try out the apartments, and look at the new objects and clothing, :D

billy
#20 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:07 PM
Magic Academy
I don't know if anyone has thought of this. I think Apartments is going to open up way more possibilities than we can come up with now, but wouldn't it be cool to move a bunch of adults or independent teens into as many apartments as you can (someone will surely come up with a mod to increase the number of playable sim families). And then change them all to independent teens, put them all in uniforms and send them to private school or no school at all and use the school hack to put a classroom on the property. Now you can truly have Hogwarts because there is magic as well. You can have your own little Slytherin tower or whatever. Since the number of people in your apartment can be four you could set it up just like Harry Potter and even have a teacher living there too. Can teens do magic in Apartments? If not, I'm sure there will be a hack for that. lol. That's my idea. I also enjoy putting my sims through financial strain so I'll probably make some low income apartments as well as luxury ones!

Can't wait. Wish I didn't know about it until August. I start teaching in September so I am so angry that EA is putting it out after the summer instead of before when I have time to play it

Quote: Originally posted by PinkLily
For you storytellers and players out there what do you plan to do with Apartment life? Are you going to be moving your current sims there or remaking them in the new hood or are you going to cook up new things and new people in Belladonna Cove?

I am excited about this EP, this is the best one IMO since UNI and I hope its as awesome as it looks so far. I have always wanted the butler back! I missed him from Sims 1 lol. I am going to build a huge penthouse and have nothing but snobby rich sims in it, and Im going to build some projects too.

I think this new EP will open a lot of new avenues for play- I love the new interactions they added and I love the witches. Ive never played much with the werewolves, aliens, plantpeople and vamps but witches seem more an actual game with things to do so I will at least try that out.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:15 PM
I have a gypsy campp in my game and the old grandma is going to become a feared gypsy witch. She'll make spells for a living.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:17 PM
i'll convert all my 'fake' apartments i've already made into real ones !

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 12:07 AM
cozmikbrown, your Hogwarts idea is really good! I never thought of doing something like that.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 1:49 PM
I've already started building a couple of apartment houses and I hope I can convert them into "real" apartments once the EP is installed. I'm currently building my "New York" neighbourhood and I'd love to have different areas, a poor district, a "Fifth Avenue" kind of area for all my rich Sims.
I'm looking forward to creating new stories like neighbours falling in love, husbands who have an affair with the next door sexy neighbour, stuff like that.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 5:47 PM
I'm gonna pimp out my sorry excuses for playgrounds with the all new playground equipment. Yay, monkey bars!
Page 1 of 4