Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 12:55 AM
Default AL Patch is out
http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa...6&languageCode=

Do we not get the condo back then? :confused:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:01 AM
Finally! I hope this stops my game crashing.
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:23 AM
It didn't mention, unless I missed it, whether the date gifts dropped off in front of apt. doors can be picked up now. I hope that one got fixed.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:39 AM
I like how they got a fix for the butler. LMAO!!

EDIT: Tizerist what condo?
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez1987
what condo?

The circular neighbourhood decoration building that AL deletes from the game.
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:10 AM
"All badges now take the same amount of time to acquire as they did in The Sims 2 Open for Business. "

YAY!!!! finally :O

And they didn't mention anything about schoolbuses not comming to my apartment lots, im not sure if I should patch now or wait for their other versions lol
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:22 AM
im too scared to install the patch lol touch wood i dont have any bugs in my game either
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:27 AM
I was really hoping they would add the option to make an apartment on a beach lot....
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
im too scared to install the patch lol touch wood i dont have any bugs in my game either

I was just thinking that..
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:04 AM
Some people are having problems similar to the first freetime patch
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:07 AM
I'm so glad they fixed the cell phone issue.Now my sims can answer the phone without it disappearing.The landlords are now marryable.There was a bug that was causing you not to be able to marry them.

Some things that wasn't fixed I've seen are.

Sims throw up their arms when trying to direct them to the roof to go to their helicopter.

Wohoo goes at high speed in the closet.

The towinies respawning wasn't fixed.

Sims still can't eat in their neighbors apartment with them they go back to their place to eat.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:07 AM
this is the issue I am having:

Quote:
Mailbox still flip flops from residential to apartment on custom built apartment lots.

so frustrating!!!!
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:10 AM
Still nothing about inviting sims over and they spend the entire night without you inviting them to and then they complain about no sleep. I still haven't figured out how sleep over sims are supposed to sleep over in the first place. I didn't see what PenChris was talking about either- some sim brought my sim a gigantic potted palm and I had to move him out of the apartment because the dumb thing couldn't be removed or deleted.
I will patch when they get a #2 out I suppose.
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:15 PM
Default round neighbourhood building
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
The circular neighbourhood decoration building that AL deletes from the game.

If you go to Neighbourhood 99, awesome people that they are, have it for re-download :-)

click here
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tanahmerah
If you go to Neighbourhood 99, awesome people that they are, have it for re-download :-)

click here

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
Alchemist
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham

I'm waiting. I don't patch unless I have too. I never downloaded the free time patch. I wonder if this patch fixes the lag I've gotten since installing AL
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 3:06 PM
No it doesn't address lag or crashing on community lots.
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 3:11 PM
thanks tanahmerah
Sockpuppet
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InfiniteSims
Apartment Life Patch
Thursday, 02 October 2008 08:02
download-icon-arrowThe Official Sims 2 Apartment Life patch has now been made available!
The patch corrects a total of 54 bugs.

You can download it from TheSims2.com, along with the Patch notes.

---------------------
Scholar
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
"All badges now take the same amount of time to acquire as they did in The Sims 2 Open for Business. "

YAY!!!! finally :O

LOL the new expansions ALWAYS break the badges.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:31 PM
I'm waiting for a bit before installing this one after that whole Free Time patch fiasco. My game runs well enough and with how I'm playing right now I've not touched an apartment in over a week and I've never even used the butler, so I don't have to worry about those bugs anyway.
Alchemist
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fantasyrogue
I'm waiting for a bit before installing this one after that whole Free Time patch fiasco. My game runs well enough and with how I'm playing right now I've not touched an apartment in over a week and I've never even used the butler, so I don't have to worry about those bugs anyway.

Yeah I read through the fix list and 3/4 of that stuff wouldn't affect my game anyway, especially the Butler and Magic stuff
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:19 AM
Please be sure to backup your game data before installing this patch:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...e_Help:Back_Ups
More Patch info here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=303055
And here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...ching_Your_Game
Just for information, this patch doesn't fix the problem with the OFB window/ door recolours- you'll still need the CEP extra file.
Also, about the Nightlife round 'condo' building- this patch brings it back, but in true EA style they've now broken the new 'H' building that came with AL. So I'll need to extract that one now!
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:35 AM
/cry ... doesnt say anything about fixing the wall hangings turning shadowy or black when you move them down
Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Also, about the Nightlife round 'condo' building- this patch brings it back, but in true EA style they've now broken the new 'H' building that came with AL. So I'll need to extract that one now!

....your kidding right?
...o...m...g... >_<
i was just in game to and i didnt even look. gah
i got the extracted NL building from MATY...ill have to check this later on...
...damn...
Page 1 of 3