Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 12:26 AM
They're not my favorite family, either. To go off memory of my long-gone gameplay notes:

Pleasantview: IIRC, three of them made it anywhere, the other three 'met Rodney' for one reason or another. Ginger moved into her own house, alone, where she lives in aspiration failure. Gavin moved in with someone and got married to either a townie or social class townie. One of the younger ones ended up sticking with Gavin and moving in with him, although I can't remember which one.

Belladona Cove: they did slightly better, although the neighborhood was becoming too big for much aging to happen, just like my Pleasantview. Jessica Peterson moved in with Carlos Contender, and after Carlos died I had the Newsons move in with Jessica. I was thinking about putting Jessica together with Gavin.

Strangetown: I deleted the neighborhood from my game entirely by the point I added Apartment Life.

Veronaville & all other neighborhoods I've started/added: I've modded them (and most other EA bin families) out of even appearing. Seriously.

If I were to consider playing them again, I'd probably either age them all up to teens, and/or move them in with a couple that wants to take them in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
At the moment I'm trying to decide where to put Ginger and her Fiance. She could either move out (being that all the children are now teenagers and can look after themselves) or move Nathan in, and have him sleep on the couch (even with bunkbeds, there's no space for another person). She might even move out with the younger ones and leave Gavin with the older ones, but is breaking them up even an option in Ginger's mind?

Wow so much to say since then...

Okay so Ginger moved out with Nathan Gavigan, they got married and had Gerard Gavigan. Gabrielle and Georgia are enemies since Georgia slept with Don Lothario, Gabrielle's boyfriend. Gabrielle got pregnant with Mickey Dosser's child and had to move into a Young Womens institute as she didn't want to be in the same house as Georgia. Coincidentally, the next rotation Georgia also found herself pregnant, with Aldric Davis (who dated Gabrielle previously)'s child. Last rotation Gabrielle gave birth to twin boys: Gerome and Gabriel. Georgia will most likely give her child to Ginger and Nathan when he/she is born for a bit while she goes off to get an education.

Gallagher and Garret are both skilling up and preparing for college. Gallagher is due to go to university this rotation, but Garret is quite far away. I don't think either of them are dating anyone yet, however Gallagher had his first kiss with a male townie - even though none of them had male gender preferences so I don't know what caused that.

Gavin is still on bad terms with Ginger, she still thinks he's a pretty crappy father figure as he always left her to look after the babies. Gavin did it so that he could get a good education though, but Ginger believes that raising the babies was more important. Either way, Gavin is still living with Gallagher, Garret and Georgia, although only until his fiancé Beatrice Monty graduates university - then he's moving in with her, or moving the teens in with Ginger.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#78 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 6:15 PM
I really enjoy playing with the Newson's. They have quite a bit of money to start out with. Almost 50G. I usually build them a moderate/smaller 4 bed 2 bath house. (Ginger and Gavin get their own rooms. Then Garret and Gallagher share and Georgia and Gabrielle share) After furnishing it pretty cheaply, they have about 10k or so left over. From there I hire a nanny, and everybody heads to school. Right now Ginger just got a makeover and she's looking pretty good. Gavin got an after school job in Business and has made it to the top of the Teen career. I haven't found any townies for either one of them yet, but Gavin did bring Claire Boyle (the short-haired blonde Tricou girl) home from school. I may get them together. She's pretty cute. My last rotation Georgia and Garret grew into children and Miss Georgia is really pretty. I'm sure Gabrielle and Gallagher will grow into teens next rotation. I'm going to make Gabrielle Romance and Gallagher Knowledge. Gallagher loves to autonomously read and Gabrielle just seems so sure of herself. Garret will be Popularity and Georgia will be Pleasure. (I've never played a Pleasure Sim all the way through, and this seems like the best opportunity to do it.)
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 6:40 PM
Due to reasons having nothing to do with the Newson's i've never played them longer than a week before restarting, but I do love them! I've finished setting up Strangetown and plopped them in it. I think the premade house from the bin I put them in was called sporty shack. It's a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house. I gave them all makeovers and they have a little over $8k left after furnishing the house for them. Ginger and Gavin share a room, Gallagher and Gabriella share a room as do Garret and Georgia. I plan on giving Gabriella the Pleasure Aspiration, Gallagher Knowledge, Garret Romance and Georgia Popularity. With 6 Sims I can't help myself when it comes to giving each a different aspiration it seems lol. Gavin will get an after school job. Ginger and Gavin will split school days between them as much as they can as Gavin might have to go a bit more to keep his grades up for his job. They make me sad in thinking how much they give up for their younger siblings, and I love them for it. I see them all as a loving family, determined to stick together. I can't wait to play them and see where they end up!

Edit: Of course they only have to split school days until the tots become children.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#80 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 7:13 PM
There are no short-haired blonde Tricou girls, unless you have them in a genderswapped uberhood. The only blond Tricou bastard is Gothboy.

The Newsons in my GS Uberhood are getting slotted into age cohorts according to when who makes friends with whom, and I play them just enough to maintain that and give them a chance to bring kids home as well as coming home with people. They come shipped in a house in Viper Canyon, with very little money left over, but I generated some by tearing down the garage, since I'm assuming all the neighborhoods to be linked by bullet trains. Only people in the most remote hoods need cars. It felt cheaty just to age up the toddlers, so I played that bit out in between rotations of Rhett Hart's family (the core challenge family that calibrates the neighborhood).

Sage Newson (aka Ginger) has proven to be the eldest and moved to LFT. He kept coming home with Tarquin deBateau, but got held back in school due to neglecting homework because of the press of responsibilities. He got his first kiss from Tarquin, who was busy dating the other rich queer boy in the Uberhood, Third Mann. Tarquin went to ALT and has dated Third and Shane Ottomas before Sage got his grades up enough to go to college, and his whole attitude toward his old, poor friend is slightly condescending. But Sage has pledged Tri-Fruhm and is getting to know bisexual brothers Farah Love and Moses Adams (a dormie). Queerness in general is still frowned on in the socially-conservative uberhood, but in the protected atmosphere of college I expect him to do well. He should also be able to use frat funds to give the kids at home a helping hand. Sage has a fraught relationship with her sister Galia, but little Garnet adores him. The plan is to return home as soon as he graduates, get the best job he can, and provide a secure home for the Littles while they finish growing up. If he can find a True Love who will share that with him, good; but Sage's goals are far more focused on his siblings than on himself.

Davine (Gavin) has done rather better at keeping her grades up than Sage. She has an after-school job, is dating Trent Hart (who, however, dates a lot of people!), and is friends with Hallie Capp (also dating Trent) and Bayonette Grunt, though the Grunts' family situation distresses her. She's reasonably close to all her siblings and has a very loose management style as Eldest.

Gabriel (Gabriella) randomized as a Pleasure sim and wants to date around. He has a number of close friends, many of whom are girls, and stands a pretty good chance of generating a lot of drama with a lot of them, but the chemistry isn't particularly high and I'm only dating him when a girl rolls a want for it (not yet) or when I'm playing that household (which I don't always do). This should limit his damage potential. Thanks to the sacrifices of Sage and Davine, he's never had a big problem with grades or school attendance, and he has a good relationship with his siblings, though he's closest with Galia.

Galia (Gallagher) randomized as a Knowledge sim and finds Hart boys very attractive. She is going steady with Cole Hart (a Family sim), having taken decisive measures to cut off her friend Tammy in that department. Tammy's dated Gabriel so she had twice the reasons for nipping that attraction in the bud! Otherwise, Galia's shyness has limited her connections around town, but the friendships she has are all the more intense for that. She has maintained an A+ average almost from the beginning, and will certainly be going to college - she looks forward to it.

George (Georgia) is still a child. He comes home with a lot of people and plays hard when he does so. Garnet (Garret) is less gregarious and a lot more likely to go straight home and work at some Very Serious Project at her activity table. Her main playmates are the Ottomas twins - they're handy. Their grades are good and they are oblivious to the family's financially precarious situation.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#81 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 7:17 PM
So sad, Gavin has just died, he never did make it to top of the science career track. He was just about to try a sell a puppy too, instead he got the hula dancers and a suitcase. The saddest thing about it, is that his daughter Celestrial had just come home with a promation making her an overachiver at the very same moment he died. So poor Celestrial has come home in time for her father to die, get a bath and then go straight back out to work.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 9:16 PM
@Peni Griffin. You are right. I'm sorry. She always reminds me of a Tricou teen. It's the blonde teen Downtownie with super short hair.
https://duckduckgo.com/114/Hailey_Dalton?ia=about
Mad Poster
#83 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:38 AM
I like her too - she is a knowledge sim. Have sent her to Uni in more than one hood (her name changes though).
Field Researcher
#84 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 5:03 AM
She's so pretty. That's what caught my attention with her.
Page 4 of 4