Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:09 PM
* Question * How can i create my own Apartments?
I know that somehow you can make your own apartments, but I'd rather not consult any other sites or guides. Please post ideas on how it MAY BE or ACTUALLY IS possible on how to create your own Apartments.
* Note: I do not download patches , files , mods , custom content , or any other type of software/program, I'm a clean person.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:17 PM
I'm doing some just now but they're in testing, I'm not sure what I'll get out of it.

Technically you could only have singles apartments right now. If you had several families in them you wouldn't be able to have control. When you click a door you get the option to lock for me only, or lock for my family only. Lock for me, will work and only one person will live in that apartment, but if you have three sims in one apartment and use lock for family, then it will include all in the entire apartment block, so a waste of time. You would have to get one sim to buy the apartments forst. This is easy using the freerealestate cheat. That's all you type. You do it in edit town just as you're going to place your sim. Then you would move the others in with that sims and get them all to lock the doors to their apartments. It means they can't visit each others apartments so have a social area where they can meet to chat.

Hope that's enough info hahaha
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:17 PM
I'm going to assume you have The Sims 2 Apartment Life and refer you to the forum sticky posts, one of which is "Building Apartments in Apartment Life."
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:19 PM
oops, sorry I thought it was sims 3. After all that work too haha
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:24 PM
Er.. Just for your info I'm new to MTS2 and I've played sims2 for over 5 months and i want some info... I know That my thread might be a little against the rules because there is another thread answering my question but my Computer is slow so i don't have time to browse MTS2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:27 PM
After rechecking the threads in my stupidity i JUST realized that the thread Mangaroo pointed out was under my nose... BTW I'm not very great at paying attention and i can sometimes misread , mispell , and underlook things. xD
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 10:23 PM
And just to let you know, there is an "Edit" button on your post so that you can add or change stuff rather than posting twice in a row.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:16 AM
There is an easy way how to build your own apartments! Just choose your apartment out of the menu, (the last one is probably the easiest) and then destroy everything make sure to do the roof then the 2nd story if there is one and then the bottom. And don't forget the lights! Then you can change the name then move it to the bin so you can put it in any town!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:27 AM
TheresAlotOfSimGames - It's a heck of a lot easier to, um, actually build your own rather than demolishing. Especially as there's some tricks and things that you can do wrong in construction. All that method you're describing bypasses is entering a cheat, and still requires you to demolish everything first. I know you're trying to help... but that really isn't the easy way... and this thread hasn't been posted on since December.