Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:28 PM
Mirella's ? of the day...
I have alot of naked bodies and invisible bodies in my CAS screen and at the store. I have scanned my folders and ran my dejunkers and everything comes up ok. How can I find what is doing that? If I just delete them in the CAS screen, is that enough to clear it out?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmirellax
I have scanned my folders and ran my dejunkers and everything comes up ok.

Scanned for what? What does "okay" mean?

The problem is 99.999% likely to be somewhere in Downloads or Saved Sims - something added to the game - because a totally vanilla game would not be doing this.

When that's the case, good troubleshooting MUST include removing CC completely, or generating a new vanilla 'hood, and seeing if the problem is still there. If not, that confirms the problem is in something you added to the game.

Tips for finding problem CC.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:52 PM
Darby, I think she just means outfits don't show up; in which case, getting rid of CC will solve the problem but not in any meaningful way.

You have downloaded CC that doesn't have the mesh - the code that governs the appearance and animation of the clothing, hair, and objects. You need to find out which downloaded items are guilty and either delete them or track down the mesh and install it. You can delete them in CAS using the little trash bin to the right of display (but I understand one of the EPs borked this functionality) or, if you're well-organized enough, delete them from the downloads folder.

Even people who are very careful about their downloading get this problem from time to time, either because their download glitched or because the download site screwed up in identifying which meshes were necessary. I try to delete a few of these whenever I'm building in CAS; but I don't build in CAS anything like as often as I download clothes or take my sims shopping, so I'm always going to have a few meshless wonders kicking around, and below a certain threshold it barely bothers me anymore.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Darby, I think she just means outfits don't show up; in which case, getting rid of CC will solve the problem but not in any meaningful way.

You have downloaded CC that doesn't have the mesh - the code that governs the appearance and animation of the clothing, hair, and objects. You need to find out which downloaded items are guilty and either delete them or track down the mesh and install it. You can delete them in CAS using the little trash bin to the right of display (but I understand one of the EPs borked this functionality) or, if you're well-organized enough, delete them from the downloads folder.

Even people who are very careful about their downloading get this problem from time to time, either because their download glitched or because the download site screwed up in identifying which meshes were necessary. I try to delete a few of these whenever I'm building in CAS; but I don't build in CAS anything like as often as I download clothes or take my sims shopping, so I'm always going to have a few meshless wonders kicking around, and below a certain threshold it barely bothers me anymore.

Thank you! That is exactly what I meant. I did however find delphys download organizer which I had never saw before, and cleared out alot of empty packages with it, so both answers are helpful! *edit* I just double checked and I've still got that trash bin, that's what I was hoping for!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:11 AM
I hope I didn't sound like I meant for you to just get rid of all your Downloads, because that would be crazy. (And I can't tell you how many times I've seen people recommend just that when someone else has a CC problem! Oy.) :p