Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:30 PM
Default plastic surgeon station
Hi all

How can I use the plastic surgeon station to change the face of townies or non-playable sims? thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:44 PM
I imagine it would work if you make them selectable using Boolprop and directing them to use it, though I've never tried.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I imagine it would work if you make them selectable using Boolprop and directing them to use it, though I've never tried.

can it be done without using cheats?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimbbq
can it be done without using cheats?

I'm not sure. I think you can using the Sim Blender too.
In a completely vanilla game though, I don't think so.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Link Ninja
#5 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:57 PM
I don't think so. Anytime you mess with how an existing townie looks you are going to have to use a cheat or mod.
The ONLY exception I can think of is the hairdresser chair can change their hair and make-up/headwear if they wander in and you ask them to use it with your playable sim but you must have OFB for that even.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I don't think so. Anytime you mess with how an existing townie looks you are going to have to use a cheat or mod.
The ONLY exception I can think of is the hairdresser chair can change their hair and make-up/headwear if they wander in and you ask them to use it with your playable sim but you must have OFB for that even.

I tried the makeover station, but my sims just randomly changed the hairstyle and makeup of a townie!!
Link Ninja
#7 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:29 PM
I tried the makeover station, but my sims just randomly changed the hairstyle and makeup of a townie!!

Correct me if I am wrong because I haven't actually done it myself yet, but I think it's random if the sims has low creativity skill points? Or it's more awful-looking? I thought if the sim had higher points and better make-over badges that they got to choose the look?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:35 PM
Correct me if I am wrong because I haven't actually done it myself yet, but I think it's random if the sims has low creativity skill points? Or it's more awful-looking? I thought if the sim had higher points and better make-over badges that they got to choose the look?

does that mean I have to put up with random ugly make over until i get the gold badge? by then all my townies would look like a clown
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:35 PM
If you want to do plastic surgery on townies the best mod is Christianlov's Closest Gussy Up. That gets added to every sim pie menu and you can select buy new clothes, plan wardrobe, change appearance and plastic surgery. This is his entire archive http://www.mediafire.com/download/b...CIAL_100628.zip

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#10 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 2:22 AM
does that mean I have to put up with random ugly make over until i get the gold badge? by then all my townies would look like a clown

You can immediately offer another free makeover to the afflicted townie. Even a no-badge sim has some chance of success.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 4:02 AM

That's what happens when a makeover fails, yes. The higher the badge of the Sim giving the makeover, the lower the chance of failure. However, even with a gold badge, there's still a chance of failure.

You CAN systematically make over all your townies this way. It's basically what I do; I always have a playable own a salon to make over townies so that it can be done and the playable can make a living at the same time. Without any mods, though, you're not likely not to be able to get all of them, as you'll be at the mercy of who the game chooses to bring in and whether or not they choose to buy a makeover or accept a free one. You'd be better off using a modded object (like the Sim Blender) that allows you to teleport in a Sim you select, so you can eventually get them all. You might also be able to make over NPCs this way, too. Otherwise, they don't patronize businesses. They'll walk by but never come in. But really, you're likely best off using the mod that Jo mentioned or something like it. Mods are your friend.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 9:26 AM
Even with no badges, there's a chance it is successful. If it's successful you get the "change appearance" window coming up, and you can choose. When unsuccessful, you get bad hair and make up, they will wander around like that until someone else catches them.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 5:54 PM

You can do that with the vanity table which came with Uni, and there's no risk of failure with that. Hair, facial hair, make-up, glasses...

As for facial features, you'll need either testingcheats or some kind of mod to change those for NPCs and townies, unless you simply move them in and tell them to use the plastic surgery station. But then they wouldn't be NPCs or townies anymore. You could download some kind of default face templates that you like, and get clean or empty templates to keep the usual townies/NPCs from spawning. But if your aim is a vanilla game, I'm guessing you don't want to do that either.