Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#401 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 7:21 PM
Default toddler clothing
I will try this again. Maybe I've missed something.

Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
MasterController allows you to use any outfit in any category. So this is available if you feel like using MC might need the Integration module I forget.
https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController
Advertisement
Test Subject
#402 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 5:35 AM
I checked Master Controller, but was unable to find away to open up the selection ot toddler or child outfits. The one thing I found was only able to open outfits so that boys and girls could wear each others clothes.
Toddlers and Teens have so few choices.

There has got to be a re-cat mod or program that works with Windows 10.
Forum Resident
#403 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 6:13 PM
I know NRass MC has the family option to add/remove parent, add/remove sibling, and add/remove child, but I would love if there was something more in-depth that lists all the familial relationships the game recognizes.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Family_relationships

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Mad Poster
#404 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I know NRass MC has the family option to add/remove parent, add/remove sibling, and add/remove child, but I would love if there was something more in-depth that lists all the familial relationships the game recognizes.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Family_relationships

No, but there is a reason for that. The other family relationships require what is often a choice of one or more sims in between the two being operated on. So you can't "add/remove" grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. because there would have to be an understanding of who the parent is in between the grandparent and grandchild, who the sibling is in between the aunt/uncle and niece/nephew, etc. and these relationships cannot exist without the intermediaries. Siblings are an exception because the game already allows two sims who do not have defined parents to be siblings.
Scholar
#405 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rotata
I checked Master Controller, but was unable to find away to open up the selection ot toddler or child outfits. The one thing I found was only able to open outfits so that boys and girls could wear each others clothes.
Toddlers and Teens have so few choices.

There has got to be a re-cat mod or program that works with Windows 10.

@rotata
City Hall/ Nrass/ Master Controller/ Setting/ CAS/ Disable Clothing Filter/ choose which categories you want
This does slow down CAS because everything will load in whichever categories you choose to unlock things for.
Also its not age specific.
You can't do this for Kids, but not Adults.

sorry for the late reply I missed the message.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#406 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 4:05 PM
I wish custom traits weren’t so risky and potentially savebreaking, but I wish there were more of them! Some of them don’t need to be strongly functional or unique, but IMO there should be enough of them to allow you to create more varied characters.

I.e.
- Inquisitive- Sims actively seeks out learning new skills they don’t already have
- Unambitious- Sims don’t seek out new skills, but prefer to focus on the skills they already have
- Smart- less strong version of genius
- Foolish- Sims learn skills more slowly
- Hypochondriac- Sims get random negative moodlets out of fear of getting sick
- Frail- Sims get sick more often
- Daydreamer- Sims are more creative, but advance slower at work or school
- Gossiper- Sims get positive moodlets from gossiping and learn more about other Sims more quickly
- Morbid- Sims get positive moodlets from death-related things and are pushed towards doing them
- Juice Lover- Sims use the bar and drink nectar more often, get stronger moodlets from doing so, and negative moodlets from not doing so
- Patient- Sims’ fun and social meters decrease less quickly, and they usually react less negatively to negative social interactions
Mad Poster
#407 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I wish custom traits weren’t so risky and potentially savebreaking, but I wish there were more of them!

Hypochondriac exists as a custom trait by way of SimsMX, but it is unfortunately broken on current patch levels. Foolish exists by way of AwesomeMod (except he calls it Stupid), but the player has to accept the entire core mod to get it.

I like the sound of these, though. Of course, the truly adventurous players can make their own custom traits if they can get Arsil's algorithm to work for them. Without that or using a core mod loader, they are extremely complicated to create.
Lab Assistant
#408 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 10:09 AM
Something to make relationships between Sims more complex and less cut-and-paste. In particular, I wish there was such a thing as a way to have non-mutual relationship categories/values. It's probably one of the biggest let downs of the The Sims 3 era onward. Why do people have to be in love with each other? Why can't we have unrequited crushes? How come I can't have a stroppy teenager who hates his dad, without the dad having to hate him back? Why can't I have a kind-hearted high school loser who is disliked by a large group of bitchy girls without them being "enemies"? Why can't you have a marriage that's only failing on one side?

On a similar note, the attraction mechanic should have been a lot better than it is. I expected it to be a deeper, nuanced and more fleshed out version of The Sims 2's chemistry system, yet right off the bat we have no Turn Ons or Turn Offs. I find it irritating that everybody is attracted to wealth, career advancement and high skill levels in anything. My 'Proper' Sim who 'Can't Stand Art' shouldn't swoon over somebody who is a level 8 career Painter with high Street Art and Sculpting skills. Bleh! I wish this was fixable with mods, but the only tweaks to the attraction system I've seen aren't really what I'm looking for either.
Lab Assistant
#409 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 10:32 AM
Also 4t3, 2t3 and other conversions of some of the features in the Sims series, including but not limited to:

- The option for more 'cultures' in the same vein as Egypt, France and China using cultures/histories introduced in the other games (i.e. Tredony, Selvadorada, Sulani, Three Lakes, Twikkii, etc) because it makes the world feel more rich and fleshed out.
- 4t3 skills, maybe not all of them because some of them are a bit goofy, but I love the idea of a mod to add skills like Gourmet Cooking, Acting, Culture.
- More university majors, especially the ones from TS2 and TS4. I've never quite got over how sad I was when I first heard how limited the majors were for The Sims 3 University Life.
Forum Resident
#410 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 4:35 PM
I know some are probably going to laugh when they read this, but I wish there was a way to eliminate getting handiness skill gains when unclogging the toilet. I have my Sims to gain skills based on their jobs and personalities, and I just hate that anytime the toilets clog I have to call a repairman to prevent them from gaining handiness. Fixing broken sinks is one thing, but I've never heard of anyone becoming a master plumber by unclogging toilets!

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#411 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lemurphs
Something to make relationships between Sims more complex and less cut-and-paste. In particular, I wish there was such a thing as a way to have non-mutual relationship categories/values. It's probably one of the biggest let downs of the The Sims 3 era onward. Why do people have to be in love with each other? Why can't we have unrequited crushes? How come I can't have a stroppy teenager who hates his dad, without the dad having to hate him back? Why can't I have a kind-hearted high school loser who is disliked by a large group of bitchy girls without them being "enemies"? Why can't you have a marriage that's only failing on one side?

On a similar note, the attraction mechanic should have been a lot better than it is. I expected it to be a deeper, nuanced and more fleshed out version of The Sims 2's chemistry system, yet right off the bat we have no Turn Ons or Turn Offs. I find it irritating that everybody is attracted to wealth, career advancement and high skill levels in anything. My 'Proper' Sim who 'Can't Stand Art' shouldn't swoon over somebody who is a level 8 career Painter with high Street Art and Sculpting skills. Bleh! I wish this was fixable with mods, but the only tweaks to the attraction system I've seen aren't really what I'm looking for either.

Just because something is not a feature that can be seen in the U.I. does not necessarily mean it does not exist in TS3. Specifically, talking about all the interesting stories the A.I./Sims tell if one isn't such a control freak and/or knows how to read people in real life which then translate to being able to observe and read Sims too. If you pay attention there are even plenty of non-scripted hints that tells a lot about a Sim's individuality, who they like or don't like, etc.

For example, I noticed this sim, Israel looking at my Sim Andreia while she was talking on the phone and I was curious what this Sim's A.I. might be thinking. Though, based on his many actions, body language, and facial expressions from earlier I already knew he was head over heels in love with Andreia. But the funny thing is I could tell she did not feel the same despite she did like him. Instead she kept trying to coerce him into a sexual relationship that he kept denying realizing she was just using him. Perhaps that's how their relationship started initially behind-the-scenes, but clearly he wanted to become an official couple and had much deeper feelings for her than she ever had for him. Israel is also a Sim who kept trying to get my attention because he wanted to quit his job and for awhile then became a gardener. I guess in a sense to keep an eye on Andreia and try to learn more about her.

Eventually he tried to move on, but she would love to entice him. This cat and mouse game they had going on for awhile, but not like it ever got anywhere since both wanted two different things and both were quite adamant about it, thus, always in conflict. I will say how impressed I was with Israel's A.I. Also, originally he was a randomly generated repair technician that I noticed Andreia kept thinking about and at first I didn't even know who he even was. I play with no story progression with high free-will and mostly will just watch and observe Sims which is why it's so easy to see the A.I. in action all the time. The Sims in TS3 truly are the most unique than any Sims from any other The Sims game in my opinion because they really do imitate human beings making the stories so believable or sometimes even relatable.

Sims are much more aware than some even realize.

Unrequited love? Well, I moved Israel to Sunlit Tides to start anew. Luna seemed to take quite a liking to him and even some other women there on the island, but I haven't seen him reciprocate any of their feelings. I think he's just burnt out with relationships and choosing the single route, at least for now it seems. He seems really content so far so I let him be, but I do have a surprise for him the next time I play. Moving on, Luna decided she wanted to pursue the tourist from days or weeks ago she met, however, he too was not reciprocating her feelings either. I don't know why but she constantly kept making romantic advances which he constantly responded in friendly tones or the way I saw it sarcastically complimenting her intelligence. She has a wish to fall in love but seriously you can't force it, take a chill pill. He was being even more sarcastic since she wasn't getting the hint. "Hey Luna, you have no right to be upset with me."

There are other unrequited love stories I've come across as well. Kids do have crushes. Well, Jodi is a foster child and has or had a crush on Cairo. But I noticed he wasn't as attentive to her as she would have liked and on top of that Cairo's brother, Zaire, clearly expresses that he likes-likes Jodi. At first, she didn't pay any mind to Zaire but as time went on I noticed she started spending more time with him over his brother. I'm curious when they eventually age up to teens will they still have crushes on each other.

A marriage that is failing on one side even both sides? Yup. Usually most of my Sims get even and have become cheaters themselves. Can I get some faithful Sims in my game please? On the other hand, it's endearing to see one of my couples who had a rocky relationship make up and how attentive the boyfriend now husband has been. They seem to be really trying to make this relationship work and I absolutely love it. I can't wait until their first child is born.

Those are just a few examples of complex relationships and A.I. told stories which is possible with real-time simulation. Hence why TS3 is the most advanced and most realistic life simulator ever created thus far. A huge thanks to the A.I. designer and The Sims Studio for making TS3 so amazing and fun.

Still.Not.Bored.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Mad Poster
#412 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 12:26 AM
I just wanna own the City Hall, Police, School, etc. Can't seem to find a mod that lets me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#413 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 1:20 AM
Ability to toggle visibility of gates (the open-style) or archways, or have near-invisible gates/archways. This would enable in limiting a given section to certain sims but without having to have a visible fence and gate to do so.

In a lot I play, for example, I want to limit a concert stage to 3 sims. Here, I feel that having actual fences and gates would look tacky. To work around this, I've currently been using the near-invisble fence (available on this site) and a cloned archway (to act as a gate). However, i have to use DebugEnabler to Toggle Visibility of that archway. The issue is that, if I want to edit who can/can't enter, I have to either make all objects visible on lot via DebugEnabler, or I have to use MC to find that archway, move it to family inventory, put it back on to edit it, and then Toggle Visibility again.

I know there is a vanishing objects script mod on here, but archways and gates do not seem to work for that.
Mad Poster
#414 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 3:09 AM
I really wish there was a tuning or behavioral mod that pushed sims to put babies in cribs, a mod that allows babies to be placed onto furniture slots, or a mod that allows babies to be placed into inventories (just pretending that they're somewhere else for the time being).

I want zero babies on the floor! When have you ever seen a baby on the sidewalk?
Forum Resident
#415 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 4:54 AM
Usually my Sims put their kids in cribs when present, otherwise I haven't tested this portable baby mat in an non-active Sim's inventory and so I wonder if they use it. But I do have some Sims with infants so I'll have to buy it for them and see. You could just place these on some community lots either way.

There are different clones of this from here:
https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...ursery_06.shtml
https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...ursery_09.shtml

Infants can also use the baby swing, but I don't think that is portable.
https://store.thesims3.com/productD...&section=UpSell

#416 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 2:40 AM
Is there anything to treat meditation from WA the same as the meditation you do with the fresh air purifier you get from the base game opportunities rewards? Because if I'm getting assignments to meditate for ten hours and I'm sitting there all day doing what the game says is meditating, there's no reason it shouldn't work towards the goal.
Lab Assistant
#417 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 1:11 PM
I wish for a little bee stats mod. You can see the inner state of the bee hive using debug enabler but I would like to have a easier access to this information. Perhaps something visual on the hive? I like happy bees and this would help me to keep track with their needs
Test Subject
#418 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 8:25 PM
Not really a mod, but a skin that give simbots "sim" skin, so they look like sims with the abilities of a simbot!
Mad Poster
#419 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Is there anything to treat meditation from WA the same as the meditation you do with the fresh air purifier you get from the base game opportunities rewards? Because if I'm getting assignments to meditate for ten hours and I'm sitting there all day doing what the game says is meditating, there's no reason it shouldn't work towards the goal.

The reward his actuallly It's from Showtime...

that be all..

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#420 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 12:38 AM
Apparently nobody has worked out how to do it, but a UI scaling mod so I can run the game at 4K (Native or Downscaled) without the UI being tiny as a result.

Also, the subsurface scattering from The Sims Medieval backported over.
Test Subject
#421 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 12:42 PM
I wish there was a mod that allowed me to operate high school/elementary schools in an open, traditional 9-5 fashion. I know there is Zerbu's mod, but the fact that a bunch of kids would do only skill building activities for the entirety of the school day just isn't realistic. There is another mod that has teachers give lectures, a lunch period, and a summer holiday days off function, but it's integrated into a bigger more adult mod and isn't the primary focus.

I would kill for something like that, but everyone just ran to Sims 4 and I'm stuck like an old fart dinosaur in my Sims 3 heaven.
Inventor
#422 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:32 PM
Things I wish for:

A serious fix for groups of sims routing on the same lot. In a game that's supposed to be built around things like parties, the fact that more than 3 sims can't walk through a door into a house in less than half a day is bit of a drawback. I was really excited to see all the routing improvements done in Sims 4, but it looks like I probably won't be ready for a new version until Sims 5.

More reasonable stuff:

- An animation for Nona's Breastfeeding Mod. I've heard that the existing breastfeeding animations in TS4 or TSM won't work? Since ripping the animations out of these games seems pretty well understood, I'm surprised it hasn't been done. I now have a copy of Sims 4 Base Game + Cats and Dogs that my kid plays, so if that animation is useful and there's a tutorial on how to extract it, I might be able to do it myself.

- A lot more Children Can mods

- A lot more interactions between toddlers and all age groups

- More "Do activity with" mods. My sim just went out with a friend to The Old Mill ala the store package. I was surprised to (re)realize that there's no, "Drink Tea With..." interaction when the point of the tea set is drinking tea as a social ritual. I can join someone else at a table, but I can't sit down at a table with my group. I also went to a Showtime show on a date and couldn't get my date to watch the show with me -- he went upstairs on the lot and played a video game. Yeah.

- Ability to make out while watching movies with the store movie screen. You can only sit in individual seats. Apparently the devs had different experiences at movies as a teen than I did.
-- Relatedly, ability to eat popcorn while seated and watching a movie.
-- I don't think I can "Watch Movie With..." on that object either.

As a broader fandom-fusion thing that I've been brainstorming, my kid has gotten into the Warrior Cats Challenge, and it's really captured my imagination. I'd love to see more pet activities overall. Warrior Cats in particular has rich worldbuilding around illness, injury, and medicine. I would love to see a mod with a custom Medicine Cat skill that allows for harvesting herbs from University plants and administering them to other cats. Add in a version of the Germy and Pestilence contagious diseases for cats (whitecough and greencough I think -- I don't actually read these books) and a chance of varying wound moodlets from hunting that could be treated by herbs, and you'd have some super engaging pet play.

I'm learning to add buffs for events using CCLoader, and can use tuning to enable some harvest and eat interactions for cats, but the whole scheme would involve some scripting, which I still haven't learned.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#423 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 6:23 PM
Being able to make custom traps, such as having traps that apply specific moodlets or potion effects to the unlucky victim. E.G flask of angry bees or zombification In combination with this, doors that only open to sims that fit certain criteria. Such as having a door that only opens to a sim with a specific occult type or a specific moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#424 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
Things I wish for:
- More "Do activity with" mods. My sim just went out with a friend to The Old Mill ala the store package. I was surprised to (re)realize that there's no, "Drink Tea With..." interaction when the point of the tea set is drinking tea as a social ritual. I can join someone else at a table, but I can't sit down at a table with my group. I also went to a Showtime show on a date and couldn't get my date to watch the show with me -- he went upstairs on the lot and played a video game. Yeah.

- Ability to make out while watching movies with the store movie screen. You can only sit in individual seats. Apparently the devs had different experiences at movies as a teen than I did.
-- Relatedly, ability to eat popcorn while seated and watching a movie.
-- I don't think I can "Watch Movie With..." on that object either.

There is a nice revamp of the tea set that I enjoy very much as I was also disappointed by the fact that it was impossible to get your friend to join you when drinking tea: https://modthesims.info/d/611583/ol...t-revamped.html It adds a nice "Read tea leaf" interaction, too
There is also a join bubble maker thing out there, in case you are interested: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=599396

For the movie thing: Isn't is possible to start watching and then ask to join? I don't have this content, but I would expect it to work that way like the standard televisions...
Inventor
#425 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
There is a nice revamp of the tea set that I enjoy very much as I was also disappointed by the fact that it was impossible to get your friend to join you when drinking tea: https://modthesims.info/d/611583/ol...t-revamped.html It adds a nice "Read tea leaf" interaction, too
There is also a join bubble maker thing out there, in case you are interested: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=599396

Oh, you know, I've seen that tea set revamp, but clearly I didn't download it. I'll fix that now.

Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
For the movie thing: Isn't is possible to start watching and then ask to join? I don't have this content, but I would expect it to work that way like the standard televisions...

If it is, they didn't automatically sit together. In a movie theater, there are a whole lot more available seats than in a living room. And it doesn't work exactly like a TV -- you can't sit on a sofa and watch a movie. You can only sit in individual seats. That's something else I'd like to see fixed for the makeout reason I mentioned above . I initially made some of the seating in the theater loveseats.

I had my sims go to a movie on a date and had so much trouble getting them to do anything date-like that I ended up temporarily adding the date to the household. I really hate doing that -- it breaks my play style.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Page 17 of 35