Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 9:49 PM
Default Sim Acne?
How do your Teen Sims get Acne? i've never seen it. Could someone post a picture?

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 9:50 PM
One of my teen sims has acne. I think it has to do with low hygene...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 9:53 PM
I would really like to see it Because my Teens keep themselves too clean.

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:12 PM
So many teen Sims to page through in the picture forums before I found one with acne: http://linna.modthesims.info/showpo...5&postcount=454
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:29 PM
Ah, if it's low hygiene it would explain why I only remember seeing it in my early Sims 2 days--I've gotten a lot better at juggling needs.

When you have it, as I recall an option appears on mirrors to apply medication.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
So many teen Sims to page through in the picture forums before I found one with acne: http://linna.modthesims.info/showpo...5&postcount=454
That's some Terrible acne!

Quote:
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 2:55 AM
It happens to every teenager in my game. I Just thought it was a normal part of being a sim teen.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 3:18 AM
I've never had it. Thanks for finding the pics.
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 3:36 AM
I've never had it either, which confused me as when you turn on some cheats, they have a "Remove Acne" feature. Google for more screencaps.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 4:01 AM
I had one teen Sim that got it real bad, to the point where it was pointless to even bother applying cream, or pop 'em. Then again, you gotta realize that he had school in the morning, work in the afternoon, and enough piled up homework to keep him up until three in the morning. Because of his stressful life he only had time to eat snacks, like cookies and chips to get him through the day.

So stress + junk food pretty well equals zits galore. :D

Poor kid.
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
I had one teen Sim that got it real bad, to the point where it was pointless to even bother applying cream, or pop 'em. Then again, you gotta realize that he had school in the morning, work in the afternoon, and enough piled up homework to keep him up until three in the morning. Because of his stressful life he only had time to eat snacks, like cookies and chips to get him through the day.

So stress + junk food pretty well equals zits galore. :D

Poor kid.

My Sim teens always have high cooking skills, but that sounds realistic.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 7:55 PM
My Sims Have never gotten any kind of acne.

Quote:
#13 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:02 PM
I`ve had two or three teen Sims with acne, out of a total of mebbe eight to twelve teens total, in about a year of playing, but I don`t remember any options to "apply cream" or "pop zit". Where would I find them? At a mirror?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:02 PM
Its when their avarage hygine is under 50% for 3 days.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:44 PM
Teen Sims getting acne is like a rite of passage!! I can't remember having any Sim who didn't get at least one in their teen years... and yeah, you put cream on by going to the mirror.
#16 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:45 PM
Thanks, kayleigh83.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 9:11 PM
I use to get it all the time, Now I don't...I kind of miss it D: It makes my game seem more realistic!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 9:57 PM
I've had it on one teenager. That's it.
I had her obsessively apply the acne cream until it dissapeared. XD

I think you can trigger it in boolProp. Never tried it, but if you shift-click your teen sim you get an option to Toggle Zits.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunkist
I use to get it all the time, Now I don't...I kind of miss it D: It makes my game seem more realistic!

I feel ya, I just wish they'd keep it until adult hood, and maybe have more realistic age spots in their elder years, 'cause not everyone has perfect skin.
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
I feel ya, I just wish they'd keep it until adult hood, and maybe have more realistic age spots in their elder years, 'cause not everyone has perfect skin.

Exactly! There's a couple skintones that people made with acne. But I wouldn't want it forever! And wrinkles, yeah they have CC wrinkles! :3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 1:00 AM
OMG! my Sim just got acne! lol, that's funny!

Quote:
Instructor
#22 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 9:17 PM
All my teens in Pleasantview seem to have all had a meeting when I was in the bathroom and decided to throw a zit party or something, because they all developed acne at once! (And I know it's at once, because they all developed it on ingame Day... 13 of my play schedule when they got home from school.)
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:12 AM
I just LOVE it when teen sims get acne. I had a sim that was supposed to be a heartthrob who got TERRIBLE acne :D
Forum Resident
#24 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 1:41 AM
Its hysterical when you direct a sim with acne to have their "first kiss" and the camera comes in real close on their faces while their kissing. It's pretty gross.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Instructor
#25 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by c8tlin452
I just LOVE it when teen sims get acne. I had a sim that was supposed to be a heartthrob who got TERRIBLE acne :D

That ALWAYS happens to me! It seems like no matter how clean I keep them, they get acne in the middle of their teen years. And then I have to direct the Heartthrobs to put on the acne cream all day to see if I can get rid of it before their newly rescheduled date xD
Page 1 of 2