Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less 'Musical Chairs', No Group Chat (V4 1.15.55)

by Shimrod101 Posted 10th Nov 2014 at 8:25 PM - Updated 5th Jul 2016 at 7:50 PM by Shimrod101 : New mod file

300 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 196 Feedback Posts, 103 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 13
Test Subject
#151 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devilgurl
Pretty sure Shrimrod101 retired with modding again. Profile says he hasn't been active since October so you may just need to delete the mod.

Well, is there an alternative to this then?
Can't really get back into Retail without a way to limit the random group dialogues.
Field Researcher
#152 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ultimuh
Well, is there an alternative to this then?
Can't really get back into Retail without a way to limit the random group dialogues.

If you don't see it on MTS then your answer would be no. MTS has a thing where nobody can upload the same mod unless one hasn't been updated within X amount of time. Then they're required to link back for original credit and blah blah blah. It hasn't been enough time for someone to have permission to take it over and upload it here at least.

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 5:09 AM
Well... what's the length of time before someone can take over this mod? It's essential.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
Well... what's the length of time before someone can take over this mod? It's essential.

Read this.

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:55 AM
So, I just read that, and the policy says the person must have been inactive for at least a month.

Shimrod101 has been inactive since mid October. There are no notes on the upload page prohibiting the mod being updated by someone else.

So, hopefully, someone can update this.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 5:58 AM
I'm no modder but I was able to update the "ShimrodLessMusicalChairsNoGroupChat_V4" package by comparing the XMLs in the original to ones from the game.

According to the policy above I should be allowed to post this.

Moderators, feel free to remove this post obviously if I'm mistaken and not actually in accordance with the policy.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LessMusicalChairsAndNoGroupChatV4UPDATEDBYSPAZMUNKI13.zip (2.0 KB, 1305 downloads)
Test Subject
#157 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
I'm no modder but I was able to update the "ShimrodLessMusicalChairsNoGroupChat_V4" package by comparing the XMLs in the original to ones from the game.

Moderators, feel free to remove this post obviously if I'm mistaken and not actually in accordance with the policy.

Thank you, hopefully this will clear up my issues.
And yeah, I hope the original uploader will eventually update.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#158 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:28 PM
@MattBrancher

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Can you let me know if this is compatable with 02/02/2017 patch 1.27. 80.1020 please
Test Subject
#159 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:28 PM

Thanks so much for doing this. Is there any possibility that you could do a plain version that doesn't include no group chat? I actually like the group chats but musical chairs drives me crazy.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#160 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 9:12 AM
Thank you for updating this, Matt.
Test Subject
#161 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 3:42 AM
Default Thank you

I am very happy you did this, Thank you.
Test Subject
#162 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:10 AM
Default Thanks for this

thanks for this. I didn't realize that this mod wasn't working until it dawned to me after the recent patch that my Sims were being idiots and getting up all the time.
Test Subject
#163 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 4:14 PM

So...... Is this file ok with the June 1.30 update?
Test Subject
#164 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kacthem'91
So...... Is this file ok with the June 1.30 update?

Sure is.
Test Subject
#165 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:46 AM

Hi! Thank you so much for doing this!

I really want this mod, but I am ok with group chats. Could you maybe provide me with a link to some resource you used while learning to update this mod?
Test Subject
#166 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:01 AM

-hugs and thankyou-
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:06 AM
Matt, wondering if you might be so kind to make a version in which group chat is not completely disabled but that three sims can have a conversation?
Test Subject
#168 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 12:31 PM

holy cow, this mod is actually a godsend. Finally lots like Café etc. are functional and enjoyable again. Thank you very much for updating it! It's such a game-changer, wow.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:04 AM
Can this be updated for CATS and DOGS, please?
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendicant
Thanks so much for doing this. Is there any possibility that you could do a plain version that doesn't include no group chat? I actually like the group chats but musical chairs drives me crazy.

I second this. I don't want group chats to be disabled, but I do want something to fix the musical chairs and constantly getting up.
Inventor
#171 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 8:18 PM
Updated this for Cats/Dogs (ShimrodLessMusicalChairs_V4)

Never used the old Mod so i am not sure how effective this is or if it works like the old Mod did.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ShimrodLessMusicalChairs_V4_UpdatedbyLittleMsSam30112017.rar (2.4 KB, 14274 downloads)

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Scholar
#172 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 6:18 AM
Default Oh you are an angel!
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam

Never used the old Mod so i am not sure how effective this is or if it works like the old Mod did.

Thank you, the old one worked pretty well and I am pulling my hair out without it.
Test Subject
#173 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:47 AM

Sam there's less musical chairs, but my sims still are engaging in multiple group chatting instead of only chatting with one sim at a time.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for you update!
Inventor
#174 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missmani09
Sam there's less musical chairs, but my sims still are engaging in multiple group chatting instead of only chatting with one sim at a time.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for you update!

It's not an Issue i just updated the Version with Group Chat and not the one with just 2 Sims Group Chat.

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Test Subject
#175 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:11 AM

Thank You!!!!
Page 7 of 13