Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 2:16 AM
Default New Bed Mesh Not Taking Normal Bedding; Not Pulling Correct Frame Texture
So I'm trying to make a bed, and it isn't giving me the options to use bedding in it. (There's a mesh problem I can't figure out either with the ribbons on the canopy, but I expect as soon as this problem gets fixed, I'll know how to fix that one.) It's not pulling the list of bedding textures from either the usual proper sources or the one I assigned as the bed's default...and it's not pulling the correct frame texture image anyway as the main image, only a faulty one which I shouldn't even be able to choose.

I've run the Fix Integrity tool, and I'm getting the feeling I'm out of my depth when it comes to some of this stuff.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cutebed_double2_MESH.zip (1.78 MB, 10 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 2:44 AM
Do you want the bed to use Maxis bedding? The way you have it right now it won't.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Do you want the bed to use Maxis bedding? The way you have it right now it won't.

Yes, I just have no idea how to fix that.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 6:33 PM
Alright, was just making sure. At the moment I'm on my phone and am going to be taking my mom to run errands soon. If nobody else has dropped in to help by the time I get done with that I'll help you fix it.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 5:04 PM
I'm so sorry. I haven't been on the computer at all and forgot about this. Do you still need help with it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Feb 2021 at 8:17 PM.
Just out of curiosity, did you change the GUIDs for the A/B/C/D/E/F OBJDs, or just the (empty) one? Because it seems like those haven't been changed. If they haven't, the object won't work properly (anything from being unuselectable to not placing properly, to jumpbugs/errors, etc.). All the OBJDs in a new object need a new GUID (in the window next to the "get GUID" box, not the ones below).

---

For the bed to use regular EAxis bedding, it has to be repo'd to the main bedding/bed. You can add the extra bedding if you want both EAxis bedding and your bedding.

SHPE:
bedding: beddoublecolonial_bedding_blue

GMND:
tsMaterialsMeshName
bedding = (string) bedDoubleColonial

If it says anything else, it's not properly repo'd (also, it's usually NOT supposed to have the "##0x1C050000!" in front if it's directly repo'd to EAxis objects)

---

For the frame/bows, remember you can only have two recolorable subsets, and the bedding is one of them.

And you need to add the "frame" recolor for the "planks" texture. Then the bed will show up white and pink (looks like one of the recolors is already showing up properly, but the main one isn't?). Possibly also add the pink bedding to the "bedding blue" texture (if you don't want it to draw bedding from the EAxis beds?). If you do want EAxis beds, how to set that up is above.