Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 11:26 PM Last edited by simsample : 13th Sep 2021 at 11:49 AM.
Default Stuck Temperature Overlay
SOLVED- Thanks to simmer22's suggestion-aged down to child again, made him cold enough to go blue, warmed him up and re-aged to teen.

Help! Poor Gideon aged up to teen whilst he was cold, and now he looks like this:

What I have tried that didn't work:
  • Removing CC
  • Changing appearance, outfits, etcetera
  • Resetting the sim
  • Fixing tans & burns on the batbox
  • Resetting sim's temperature on the SimBlender
  • Making him a vampire and witch and curing him
  • Making him blue with cold (his head gets blue and his body gets blue-er )
  • Making him hot so that he turns red
  • Killing him
  • Rage quitting
  • Taking up smoking again after 20 years
  • Getting drunk (it still looked the same to me)
  • Beating the computer with a cricket bat

Any ideas welcome!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 11:53 PM
Yikes! Can you edit him in SimPE to give him a different skin color?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:10 AM Last edited by simsample : 13th Sep 2021 at 1:03 AM.
@Honeywell He has a custom skintone, but when I yanked the CC he reverted to a Maxis skintone, and still had the overlay. I could change his skintone in SimPE but I don't hold out much hope!

Edit:

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:35 AM
Could be he's gotten stuck with the child overlay (which could be why when you try all the other overlays the child overlay won't budge, and why the teen frozen overlay gets added onto it). Maybe for some reason the batbox doesn't find the stuck overlay since it's for the wrong age? Only theory I've got...

Age down, batbox again (or try de-frosting him some other way), age back up if you get it off?

PS: The last four on the list probably won't work, but I fully understand the rage quitting at this point, and quite frankly the cricket bat as well, although that's probably a bit harsh
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 1:08 AM
@simmer22 Yes I think you're right, I'll try the age down thing tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion!

(I actually do have a backup of before he aged- I keep backups of every session- but I didn't catch this one as he aged up outdoors and his outfit was coat and gloves, so hiding the overlay. So I played an entire rotation before I noticed it! I'm also not opposed to leaving him how he is- as you may have noticed I do have some silly looking sims in my game- but I wondered if maybe anyone had ideas about a mod I didn't know about, or where to look for the overlay in the character file.)
(Also, I said sorry to the computer. And the cricket bat.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 11:13 AM
The only other thing I can think of (which may already have been covered in the etcetera) is to extract him in SimPE and clone him in Bodyshop. Then if that fixes him, save the clone and use AltSimSurgery on him. Or if that doesn't fix him, try making another sim who looks as much like him as possible and AltSimSurgery that one. Or if that still fails, note down his stats/memories/relationships, kill him and replace him with a clone, Strangetown Bella Goth style.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 11:46 AM
Hooray, it worked! Gideon has no longer blued himself. :D

Thank you very much @Simmer22 for the suggestion, I aged him back down and froze him, then warmed him up in a nice hot bath and the overlay cleared. Had to do it twice though- that overlay was stubborn and the batbox didn't touch it! I re-aged him to teen and all is well, so just a few extra memories to remove and no lasting harm done.

Thank you also @Honeywell and @sushigal007 for the great suggestions, much appreciated.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 1:45 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 2:48 PM
Hooray! Glad it was a fairly uncomplicated fix in the end!
Theorist
#10 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 2:48 PM
He looks so healthy now! Glad you have him sorted. simmer22 you are so smart and helpful.