Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2021 at 7:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem with neighborhood pictures folder, and family pictures folder
My pictures in these folders does not show up. Those pictures that I take are however there where they should be.

How could this happen, and what can I do to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2021 at 8:03 PM
Do you mean the albums ingame, or the "Neighborhoods\N00X\Storytelling" folders?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2021 at 8:22 PM
I mean the albums ingame.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2021 at 8:53 PM
Is the problem that the pictures don't show up automatically (they don't do this - you have to look them up and add them to the album) or that you can't find them at all when looking them up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2021 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Is the problem that the pictures don't show up automatically (they don't do this - you have to look them up and add them to the album) or that you can't find them at all when looking them up?

I can't find them at all.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2021 at 10:40 PM
Do you have two sets of each picture you took, one snapshot and one thumbnail? To be sure, organize the storytelling folder by date - the thumbnail and the snapshot are taken at the same time, and will appear right next to each other. If you don't have thumbnail copies, the album can't show you thumbnails in order to organize it, and the album will appear to be empty.

When you open the album, you have options for how to view it. If you choose "organize," it should open to a box on the left with thumbnails of the pictures and a vertical panel in which to arrange the pictures on the right. At the top of the box on the left are a series of tabs. The main tab should be for pictures taken with that household in the main hood and subhoods, while the others are for that household's pictures in each vacation hood - one each for Far East, Tropical, and Mountain - and every picture taken in the main neighborhood for every household (so that you can add pictures taken from other households to your story if you want to). Have you checked under all the tabs?

One glitch that happens (that I hate very much) is, if you make a vacation album, it may overwrite any existing family album, destroying it. If you use the family album to tell the family story, write notes to yourself, etc., I do not recommend making a vacation album.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2021 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Do you have two sets of each picture you took, one snapshot and one thumbnail? To be sure, organize the storytelling folder by date - the thumbnail and the snapshot are taken at the same time, and will appear right next to each other. If you don't have thumbnail copies, the album can't show you thumbnails in order to organize it, and the album will appear to be empty.

When you open the album, you have options for how to view it. If you choose "organize," it should open to a box on the left with thumbnails of the pictures and a vertical panel in which to arrange the pictures on the right. At the top of the box on the left are a series of tabs. The main tab should be for pictures taken with that household in the main hood and subhoods, while the others are for that household's pictures in each vacation hood - one each for Far East, Tropical, and Mountain - and every picture taken in the main neighborhood for every household (so that you can add pictures taken from other households to your story if you want to). Have you checked under all the tabs?

One glitch that happens (that I hate very much) is, if you make a vacation album, it may overwrite any existing family album, destroying it. If you use the family album to tell the family story, write notes to yourself, etc., I do not recommend making a vacation album.

I checked under all the tabs, and there are pictures, though only those pictures from open for business. This is true for both the neighborhood picture folder, and the family picture folder.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2021 at 3:02 PM
What do you mean by "only those pictures from open for business"? The game doesn't separate gameplay or picture taking by EP. When you take a picture, it's just there.

Compare the name of a picture that does appear in a household's album to the name of a picture from the same household that does not appear. You will see that each picture breaks down into three elements separated by a single underline stroke. The first element identifies it as a snapshot or a thumbnail and the next two look like random strings of letters and numbers, like so: snapshot_877bca30_08d91aad.jpg

In the example, 877bca30 is the identifier for the household that was active when the picture was taken and 08d91add is the identifier for the individual picture. The thumbnail of that picture will be identical except that the word "snapshot" is replaced by the word "thumbnail," and the album file for that household will by webentry_877bca30.xml. It sometimes happens that the game (for reasons I do not clearly understand, but related to a number the game uses for identifying the neighborhood) will change the identification number of some or all of the households in a neighborhood. If that happens, you will need to rename the older pictures (including thumbnails) to match the new household number.

In a case like that, though, the older pictures should still be available under the "all pictures" tab in the album, so that's still puzzling. However, checking and matching the household names will give you more information and perhaps the clue lies there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 16th May 2021 at 12:54 PM
I think they meant the storytelling images for the Landgraab IV, Delarosa, Ramirez, Tinker, and Jacques Families from Bluewater Village that appear as soon as you add it as a subhood.

It sounds like an issue I had a while ago. Stack traces would not save, hood thumbnails would show a green grid, screenshots wouldn't save, and in-game videos couldn't be recorded either.You can see if that topic is any use.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2021 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I think they meant the storytelling images for the Landgraab IV, Delarosa, Ramirez, Tinker, and Jacques Families from Bluewater Village that appear as soon as you add it as a subhood.

It sounds like an issue I had a while ago. Stack traces would not save, hood thumbnails would show a green grid, screenshots wouldn't save, and in-game videos couldn't be recorded either.You can see if that topic is any use.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Thanks, I will check out the thread.