Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
#451 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MsEvil2
Yeah, I've heard that the current fix is better than the last and especially for those who make CC, but its such a shame that so much content is now pretty much unusable. Oh well. Im at least going to try the methods listed in this thread and see how it goes. Right now Im combining all of my sims3packages into one big package file with S3PE and then I'll download Grant's program to see if that fixes the issues with bathtubs and everything else.

-edit-
Oh, any news about the memory leak problem and what is causing it?
The game has been using about 1mil kt after the pets install, which is a ridiculous amount. (I have 3gigs of ram)

There's no such thing as a Sims3Package. There are Sims3Packs, and Packages. Did you mean Packages?

The reason for the issues with the rig is that EA modified it so that pets can use furniture. They look out windows, lie on and under chairs and beds, sleep on counters, and so on. All of that has to be accommodated by data in the objects themselves... the rig and the slots. THAT is why there was this big change with Pets. And that is why they won't "fix" it... if they did, pets wouldn't be able to interact with objects at all. It was completely predictable that they would have to do this btw We didn't know exactly what they'd do, but as soon as there were screenshots of cats and dogs on and under furniture, it was apparent that there'd have to be changes to the rig.

Grant's Rigfix won't fix the tub cat issue, or beds. He has a thread on his forum about how to manually fix beds, and a similar method has to be used to fix tubs. It can't be auto-fixed.

Quote: Originally posted by MsEvil2
Updating: Grants methods didn't work and it in fact ended up messing up my gave even more (like he warns on his website). Oh well, guess I have to stop using custom content for a while if I must play or wait until someone comes up with a method that just updates all the necessary stuff automatically.

What exactly didn't work? His tool DOES work on the large majority of items... but, as mentioned above, not beds or tubs. If you experienced issues beyond that, try posting on his forum (stating EXACTLY what the issue was that you experienced), and he may be able to help you.

In addition, though, you should be looking for updated versions of the CC you're using... many creators have updated all their stuff. You certainly don't have to stop using CC... even if you don't want to fix it yourself, just let the creators do their job and get their updates
Advertisement
Instructor
#452 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 4:56 PM
About the tubes, even Store tubes don't work with animals. I didn't try beds. Actually my dogs sleep outside, and I don't have cats...
Alchemist
#453 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:38 AM
Has there been any word on how to fix the corner section of custom counters, or are they still fubar'd?
Lab Assistant
#454 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 11:47 PM
Do custom skins no longer work too? My old computer with my main saved game died on me, and I forgot to back up my files. So when my new computer came, I just used an old back up I had from February 2011. The game was working fine, and I had all the patches, even though I don't have Pets. I then bought an external hard drive case, and was able to access the hard drive from my old computer. I just copied the Sims 3 folder from there, and put it on my new computer. I try to create a new Sim, and nothing on that first screen in CAS works. I can't change the name, skin color, nothing. I am going to try uninstalling everything, and I hope that works.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#455 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 12:02 AM
Custom skins work fine, but CAS UI mods need to be updated, which is what's causing your problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#456 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 2:41 PM
I have the counter issue along with the bathtub issue still after "fixing". My problem still exists because some of my cc came with a dl world and the creator will not update it. Any suggestions on how to update a dl world's object rig? I have tried to use delphy's multi installer, s3rc from MATY, and there doesn't seem like I can extract the objects in order to fix them. I may be just looking at the wrong listing or even maybe I am PEBKAC lol. But at any rate thanks for the assistance in advance.
Lab Assistant
#457 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Smashed Cat : 8th Feb 2012 at 2:55 AM.
I am having such a terrible time trying to fix my game. I took out all my mods and CC and reinstalled TS3 and Pets, and everything seemed fine until I try to start playing, then it freezes and crashes. I have no idea what to do. Do I need to reinstall my other expansion packs? I hope not, because I lost the manuals with the registration codes. Bleh what a pain.
Field Researcher
#458 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:45 AM
For Smashed Cat....

How to recover a lost registration code.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/f...php?topic=685.0
Test Subject
#459 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:00 PM
Is not there a pogram that can solve problems with it supersedes all CC that makes it self-defined voluntary. Is not that good at this, or so I understand rick term what to do to get it good in demand. By removing the chairs fasnar in the middle of the table ... why would so grateful if you could get a pogram that can handle it myself. I andvänder me of Google translation can be wrong. So anntar that's why I do not understand rick term what to do ... Grateful for all the help I can get.
Test Subject
#460 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Custom skins work fine, but CAS UI mods need to be updated, which is what's causing your problem.

I am really having a problem with trying to make a family in CAS. I installed Pets in October and have been trying ever since to make the game work. I have a lot of problems with the game but the main one is that I can't make any sims and although everyone seems to agree that the cc for CAS does not need to be 'fixed' I have messed up thumbnails, black sims and animals, and constant crashing before I can save a family. In nearly 4 months of trying everything, I have only managed to make 2 sim families consisting of one sim + one animal. This also happens when I have started with a 'vanilla' game and no cc or mods installed, and after doing a complete re- install of the whole game, all EPs, all Stuff Packs, with no cc or mods installed. I am playing on a MacBook Pro and I know that it may be a Mac specific problem, or even my particular Mac specific problem, but I was just checking whether there were any more people experiencing problems with Pets and CAS. The error message I get before the game crashes is 'exception raised, un-handled page access, 0x0000000 Do you want to debug?'
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#461 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 11:59 AM
rosidbon - Try this: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki and if you still have problems, post a new thread in the Help forums. Your issues are unrelated to the topic of this thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#462 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 10:19 PM
Hey can anyone help me? How do you update existing Custom Content with the new patches? I assume that's the problem. Ever since I updated Sims don't use beds, chairs, etc. the right way.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#463 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:41 AM
The instructions for using grant's tool are a few posts down from the top, at the page linked to in the first post of this thread.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#464 Old 21st May 2012 at 2:21 PM
Okay, I just had the Sims 3 Pets Expnsion Pack.
I'am so excited to play it, but when i'am creating a Pet, the pets are broken.!
What can i do?
Test Subject
#465 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 10:36 AM
Default ?
I think that it works just fine for me!
Field Researcher
#466 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 4:46 AM
I want to readdress a question that has been posed here a few times and dismissed as unlikely.

A problem was created for some custom CAS items. I know it has generally been dismissed but those of us with that issue continue to experience the problem so.... One of the biggest offenders is Peggy Sims. Most of her Accessories, Skins, etc., as well as most of the Child/Toddler Hair, no longer show up in the game. I know they used to because I had them in my game before my hard drive crashed - which happened AFTER Pets was released but BEFORE I actually installed it. When I replaced my hd, I installed Pets and then, because I was stupid and irresponsible and didn't backup most of my CC, I've spent many months trying to get the billions upon billions of CC back. I'm finally at a point where I'm repackaging everything, with Hair and Fashion last and I've discovered this huge problem. (I go through EACH and EVERY piece of CAS because there are so many errors and really bad categorizing - "Is Revealing" checked for Jeans???? - so I know exactly what works and what doesn't!) Over at Peggys there is a discussion about it but not any response.

For grins I ran a few items through Grant's fix but it didn't change anything...which didn't surprise me. I'm guessing that this issue may only be fixed by the creator but am hopeful (since Peggy obviously isn't interested in fixing it) that there is a way to fix this stuff as the end-user. I know that adult hairs that don't work that have been retextured WILL work in the game so I don't know if it is in the cloning or if those artists are "fixing" something else. Anyway, couldn't hurt to ask. I can do without Peggys Access, Makeup, even Skin but there are so few cute, age-appropriate hairs for the Sim children than I'm a bit broken-hearted over this disinterest by Peggy.
Page 19 of 19