Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#526 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:59 PM
Default Where did you find Grumpy Loader. Please help me find it.
Quote: Originally posted by magsiesss
Well, I don't know if anyone saved my life ... I may as well have lost it as all my spare time can now be spent Simming ...

It was instafling the config files that worked for me ... went made last night just creating Sim families just in case it started crashing

thank you ... thank yu .... thank you
Advertisement
Test Subject
#527 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:14 PM
The grumpy loader won't download for me. It takes me to a page that says that I am not logged in even though I am, what am I supposed to do?
Mad Poster
#528 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
@christinatzanea it downloaded for me with no problems did you try from post # 193 in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...458#post4051458

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#529 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christinatzanea
The grumpy loader won't download for me. It takes me to a page that says that I am not logged in even though I am, what am I supposed to do?

Did you try to log out, clear all your cookies etc, and log in again? I had the same problem as you in the beginning, but now I was able to download and open grumpy loader.
Hopefully I can manage to install Sims 2 on my new Windows 8 laptop now...
Lab Assistant
#530 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 1:06 AM
With Windows 8 I believe its just disks that don't work. However if you want to you can contact origin and let them know its not working and after they get to try out some compatibility things if it still doesn't work they just asked me to prove that I owned the disks (sent in pictures with the case, disk, code, and a paper with my email) and they game me complete collection digital download which worked just fine.
Field Researcher
#531 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deathBYflies
Has anyone tried installing SimPE on Windows 8?
Yes, it works fine on my machine.
Field Researcher
#532 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
I just got a new laptop with Windows 8.1, and TS2 runs fine on it (I run it from the game executable file BTW, not the Launcher). It's a Lenovo G500 with 8GB RAM (it came with 4GB, I installed another 4GB because 4GB is really too little for Win 8.1, especially for running games), Intel i3 2.4 GHz processor and Intel HD4000 graphics. I always consult the Sims Wiki for which expansion pack level my current graphics chip can cope with: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Recommendations , but unfortunately the HD4000 isn't on the list. But according to the info for the most recent Intel chip listed, the GMA4500, the highest 'Maybe' for that chip is Seasons. I'm sure the HD4000 is notably better than the GMA4500, but I decided to leave it at Seasons to be on the safe side.

(If anyone knows for definite that the HD4000 can cope with the higher expansion packs without burning itself out, I'd love to know!)

I installed the base game and all expansions up to Seasons using my old original installation CDs and DVDs just like I did on my old Win XP computer, didn't have to do it through Origin or do anything else fancy. The only extra thing I did do, was to find a fix for the game not recognising the graphics chip, which I found on Leefish's site: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 . I had problems with some textures displaying weirdly until I used that fix.

There is one texture problem remaining, which is that the textures for the walls in houses tends to flash in and out, like they keep going back and forth between being opaque and transparent when a sim is in the room. If I play with walls down I have no problems at all, but I don't like playing with walls down, I play with them on cutaway mode. If anyone has had that problem and discovered a fix for it, I'd be very grateful!
No. My Asus (i5/HD4000)does not run Sims 2 for poop. I have tried getting several computers with the HD chipset to run with Sims 2, all with the same result. Hot, and Badly.

This is why I have a Radeon graphics chipset in my newest computer. Works cool and calm.
Field Researcher
#533 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
(I haven't read through this thread much so sorry if I'm repeating points)
I'm on Windows 8 right now and playing Sims 2. It works reasonably well but it has quite a few limitations:
  1. I can't install any EPs or SPs
  2. It crashes a LOT when I enter a community lot
  3. It crashes when babies are born unless I save just before
  4. Crashes at 'change outfit' 'change appearance' etc
  5. Bodies/faces disappear or texture completely glitches out
  6. When I recovered an old 'hood from my Windows 7 laptop, I played it and got almost constant error messages when Sims interacted (though not all sims, just the ones related to my Sim-self so I have no idea what's going on?)
  7. crashes when 'growing up' / dying
  8. Almost impossible to create a family without it crashing

However, I had a lot of these problems on my old Windows 7 laptop (but not my older Windows 7 computer). Right clicking the Sims 2 icon and going to Properties > Compatibility and changing the compatibility mode to 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)' somewhat helped with the crashing, but it took me nearly a whole day to make 3 families for my newest 50s themed hood last week.

Yes. Strip W8.1 down to the bare necessities, Use Classic Shell, remove ANY and ALL APPS, and programs you don't need Replace the ones you DO like, with smaller, lighter versions (i.e. VLC, instead of the 800lb gorilla, Cyberlink, AVAST, instead of Norton, or McAfee, etc.), Clean up your start folder (Antivirus only), You need to "Take Ownership" of files you can't delete... BE CAREFUL! I have a program that allows you to do just that.

I STRONGLY recommend Acronis True Image, and an external HDD to do back ups!!!!

Clean your disk using "Sageset", and "Sagerun", Defrag, then Defrag again.

MUCH more to do, but this'll give you a good, clean start.
Test Subject
#534 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 4:32 PM
Default Thank You
Quote: Originally posted by Raven Dragonfire
Sure!
I'm uploading it here, so other people can use it too.

You just have to run the GrumpyLoader and then load the patch exe file in it. Proceed with the patch installation as usual and then the GrumpyLoader will tell you that it encountered an error and will ask you if you want to ignore it. You click yes and go on. It will find another error, just ignore it again and the GrumpyLoader will shut down. Then try to run the patch exe file again and it will tell you that "the sims 2 university has been already updated" (for example).

After this procedure, I've checked every single file in the "Sims 2 University" folder, comparing the win8 ones with the xp ones I have on the virtual machine, and there's a 100% match.

I used this program just for uni and nightlife patches, since I don't have problems with the other ones, because they don't need any cd to run.
I've played for several hours and everything is fine, no bugs no crashes

In case you have troubles, just let me know!

THANK YOU AKDHAKJSHKJAHKDJ
Page 22 of 22