Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#226 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:21 PM
Pauline Wan has the commitment issues trait so that also adds to the difficulty of marrying her.
Advertisement
Scholar
#227 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
I'd say most real people's faces more closely resemble TS3 faces than TS2 ones. Even people that are considered attractive tend not to have the thin faces, small noses, and large eyes and lips that are often given to attractive TS2 sims. Just like the ugly faces in TS2, the attractive faces are over-exagerrated. So they look really pretty to our eyes, but real faces don't look that way. Real human faces tend to have the same shape as TS3 faces, which is why TS3 faces tend to look more like the person they are modeled after even without a ton of CC yet to really put the finishing touches on them.

Yes I noticed that too! I don't think the TS3 sims look as bad as many people have said...and even without CC, it takes less effort to make a sim that actually looks like the real person I'm "cloning". My oldest son's gf asked me to make her into a sim and it only took 30 minutes to make a sim that really looks like her (we did it this morning). So that's what I learned today!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#228 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:05 PM
I learned that my random child sim hates Don Lothario, despite never meeting him. I also learned that having him gossip makes him learn that his friend is evil. (see picture below.)
Test Subject
#229 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ammie
I learned that my random child sim hates Don Lothario, despite never meeting him. I also learned that having him gossip makes him learn that his friend is evil. (see picture below.)

"Random" child sim, eh, Ammie?
Test Subject
#230 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:28 PM
I was playing and had my CAS sim marry George Dean of Riverview(the dude that lives in the "fire house") once i married him and moved him in, i discoverd that he has the ability to set things or places on fire. anyone else discover something like this?
Field Researcher
#231 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:19 AM
I don't know if someone noticed this already, but my kid sims wear a hat in the shower, what's that about?

smile:D
Mad Poster
#232 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Pauline Wan has the commitment issues trait so that also adds to the difficulty of marrying her.

Yes, but I changed it, and still couldn't even get her to have her first kiss.
Test Subject
#233 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 2:33 AM
I learned (not today, but some time ago) that pressing and holding "alt" when holding an item in the buy mode lets you move it freely without snapping to the grid. Works for rotating too.
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 2:57 AM
I discovered that time passes faster in TS3 than you think (lifespan set to "Normal")... Two weeks after purchasing the game, most of my adult pre-made Sims are deceased or well into Elder-hood. Come to think of it, my first CAS Sim started out as a Young Adult and just became an Elder yesterday. And I still haven't gotten him married yet...
Test Subject
#235 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:20 AM
I discovered that the newspaper does not always tell the truth. When my sim read the newspaper, it said that she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, but she was pregnant for 2 days. Can't wait to play her a bit more to see if she is really going to have a boy.
Alchemist
#236 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:39 AM
I discovered how annoying it is to keep track of a big garden. My sim can't write a load of books or go collecting w/out stopping to tend it.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:31 PM
I discovered if you go to the library they have the books that your other sims authored you can read.
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:44 PM
You can put stuffed animals inside the crib!!!!!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree

Dun-Dun-Dun.

My game said that for Leighton Sekemoto, so I guess they're not really aliens.
Mad Poster
#240 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
The clock from the buy catalogue actually shows the in game time. I always thought they were just decorative.
Test Subject
#241 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 1:28 AM
I discovered that sims can go out anywhere and hold their lap with them and use it ..

i also discovered that i can sit on the edge of a fountain in the park and enjoy some reading.. how peaceful is that
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 1:57 AM
I learned if you don't provide chairs a sim will eat on sitting on the toilet or the edge of the bathtub. Kinda cute.
Field Researcher
#243 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM
I discovered that some Sims will retaliate when they are splashed in the face in the pool. My self-Sim playfully splashed her girlfriend Tuesday in the face, and Tuesday unleashed a torrent on her. When Tuesday did the same thing to her, she just shrugged it off. Is it her Grumpy, Daredevil, or Athletic trait?
Test Subject
#244 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 6:45 AM
I discovered that if your sim is evil, and is robbed, you can release the robber while he's standing by the police car (and the cop is checking your home). My sim released the robber, who was confused, but thankful. And then the cop yelled at him.

I also learned that making a: Klepto, Evil, Neurotic, Child Hating, Insane sim is a lot of fun! When he's not kicking over his plastic flamingos on the front lawn, he's talking to himself, freaking out, or checking the stove to see if its off or not.
Test Subject
#245 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:28 PM
I discovered that if you have a married sim who's partner passes away, and then you bring them back via the opportunity, they are no longer married, only engaged. And you can't marry them back either
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:39 PM
Sariaforest: You can get them remarried, but you have to break the relationship off entirely and start from scratch to get the option again.

Alternatively, Awesomemod fixes this behavior.
Field Researcher
#247 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellywig
I learned if you don't provide chairs a sim will eat on sitting on the toilet or the edge of the bathtub. Kinda cute.

yea cute, until tell sit on the tolet to eat lol.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:09 PM
You can kick flamingo's through walls. I had a child sim who kept getting a dirty room moodlet and I couldn't find where it came from. I had deleted and replaced every object in the room thinking something was bugged, but it was still there. I was about to demolish and rebuild the room when I noticed a flamingo sticking out the outside wall I had forgotten it was in the room. I deleted it and the moodlet went.
Lab Assistant
#249 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
They also talk to furniture, like the coffee table and desk lamp.

LOL!!!!!

Little Kitty!
Test Subject
#250 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:14 AM
i just experienced that ma sims's cooking became so popular that a neighbour asked her to cook him one plate
Page 10 of 490