Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:10 PM
I don't know but how did SilentPsycho manage to get a copy of the game today in London when in fact is released on Friday here?
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#52 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
Dont tease the stupid American (that'd be me....) But have companies actually ever given a reason WHY there has to be a delay in the release of software like this in other parts of the world?

I actually sent EA an email about this. Because they want to ban piracy, but this doesn't really help in that.
People who want the game will download it and if it works, why should they buy it? They already have it.
I'm not saying it's alright to pirate it! But when they would have a worldwide releasedate, it would prevent a lot of people from pirating it.
I don't think i'll be given an answer, but i hope they do answer.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:32 PM
I don't understand why the game can't be released worldwide on the same day, either. I've preordered mine and am probably getting my game on 8th, mostly likely 9th. The wait is killing me and knowing that most of the people already have their games certainly doesn't cheer me up.
Theorist
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:42 PM
Yeah, I broke down and bought it at Walmart this morning. I was out getting dog food and change for laundry and had the money saved up so I said, what the hell? and bought it.

It's been a bad year for me. I've been out of work since August and the recession has made me depressed and doubting my skills. I figured I should get it now while I had the money and it didn't go on something else. (like my birthday money did).

I have not played yet. I just skimmed the booklet. I was surprised there is only one disk...Sims 2 had four...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#55 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:52 PM
Yes, they stopped using Cd Roms with open for business as most of the players have DvD rom drives. It alctually amkes them slightly more money per sale, so it soon mounts up.

I like this. I hate having to change discs all the time the first few expansions.
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#56 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mzcynnamon
I'm in Michigan and I got my game at 10am this morning YAHOOOOOOOOO!

You can post image in the Picture Threads you know.....same size limits and Kbs size apply.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Field Researcher
#57 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linuslover30
You can post image in the Picture Threads you know.....same size limits and Kbs size apply.

excuse me! I'll delete my post!

Residential sims2 updated June 23, 2007
Forum Resident
#58 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:45 PM
No clue why they can't do a worldwide release either tbh. But heck, Friday will be here before we know it! Guess it's just a 'fun' day to release a game: got a whole weekend ahead of you to play
Theorist
#59 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
Oooh, I LOVE the bags, too! It's too bad if I had one I would feel every time I used it that I was giving EA free advertisement. We use those kind of bags ALL the time for almost all of our shopping, and we have them from just about all the different grocery stores in our area so as to give each store equal advertising instead of looking like we prefer one store over another. We got started using them in our effort to produce less waste from our household and ended up totally loving them for many other reasons as well. A person absolutely would NOT believe how much easier those bags are to use for groceries.
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
Oooh... you have a TS3 bag *-* I pre-ordered mine online, so I'll get it in an ugly post office box xD
I'll post pictures when I get it on thursday... (That sounds so far away )
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:32 PM Last edited by dclarke808 : 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM.
The Ups Truck Is At The Office Next Door!

AHHH! Not the right UPS truck apparently.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:47 PM
The mail doesn't come until 2:30 here...and it's 1:45...ugh the suspense is killing me!! Walmart shipped it yesterday...so who knows if it's gonna come? I really hope so because my brother was gonna play it first...and he's not home hehe

If I get it...I'll post pictures

I fall up stairs.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:53 PM Last edited by Seethatfallingstar : 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:48 PM.
I'm about to post pics as soon as my battery charges.. it won't have the disc as the disc is currently in my computer, ughh I'm worried cause it's taking 14 minutes to load .. :/ And there's no way I can get a new computer cause
A) I'm a teenager.
B) Just saved and SAVED for this one and got it this spring.
Oh no, I don't want red flashing walls like Sims 2 on my family computer
Mad Poster
#64 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
But have companies actually ever given a reason WHY there has to be a delay in the release of software like this in other parts of the world?

In the UK games and films are always released on a Friday, for what reason I don't know (music is released on Mondays though ). It's not fair I want to play now but have to wait three more days, I'm so jealous of all you that got the game today.
Test Subject
#65 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:18 PM
YAY. it was the right UPS truck, he was just confused.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:20 PM
woot! grats now go play and post pictures!
Test Subject
#67 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:25 PM
i got it!

:D

posted on my mac lap top so it's gonna be backwards :3

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:33 PM
it would be funny if it really came like that. lol!
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Pyba : 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM. Reason: adding more details
haaah. i think it looks cool xD im still having to wait … im patching sims 3 so it wont have any errors. xD possibly the speed will be affected. >_>
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM
omg sims 3 is AMAZING just got it installed

Yah... I'd smurf that
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
pics plz!!!!!!
Instructor
#72 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:12 PM
Ok that is it **starts taking down names and thinking of what to do to them in his sims voodoo house of horrors** I hate that i will be one of the alst countries to get this damn game....... dam n damn HMV forever and ever
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#73 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:16 PM
well.. I AM pouting! I've had the pre-order ordered on OCTOBER 17, 2008 from Amazon! They tell me they won't even ship it out until June 12? What the heck! I can get it at Walmart now..

grumble.. totally sucks...

but I want my collector plumb bob and usb etc, etc...
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:23 PM

Yah... I'd smurf that
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
lol u can see my mason jar

Yah... I'd smurf that
Page 3 of 4