Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No coughing / choking while eating

by Esmeralda Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 8:26 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2019 at 3:10 PM by Esmeralda : Just minor change to text

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
#51 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 5:37 AM
Thanks for letting us know this works with LN!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 8:11 PM
Thanks so much - I just found out the old mod was causing the problem with nectar, and I hate the choking so much, I decided I'd have to do without nectar.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 12:53 PM
Does anyone know if this hack works with the latest patch and OLS? Thanks
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:42 PM
anyone? can't bare my Sims coughing and chocking at the dinner table. ewww
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xianah
Does anyone know if this hack works with the latest patch and OLS? Thanks

I just updated to the latest patch today and this mod still works fine. I won't be getting OL, so I can't speak for that, but unless OL messes with the eating animations in any way, the mod should be fine with it.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 5:29 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:20 PM
ooo...its cYcL0n3 sW0rD
Inventor
#58 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Magickaela
ooo...its cYcL0n3 sW0rD

Has this been updated for use with Generations version 8.0.152.011001 yet?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Has this been updated for use with Generations version 8.0.152.011001 yet?

I don't have Generations, because there's nothing in it that interests me enough to pay full price for it, will get it eventually when it appears on the second-hand market cheap (which will probably be after the next expansion pack comes out, which I WILL be getting!).

For the moment, I keep my game patched up to date and keep an eye on whether my mods are still working with the latest base game/Late Night patch. My guess is that as this mod works with the current patch for base game/Late Night, it will work with the current patch for Generations too - I can only suggest trying it. As long as the latest patch for Generations doesn't interfere with the eating animations, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:31 PM
Thank you for this mod, it saves me from having to make it myself.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Thank you for this mod, it saves me from having to make it myself.

Awww, yes, I noticed in your upload of various idle overrides that you get besieged with requests for more override mods, including a no coughing one. (I'm not going to make any more override mods myself, I got fed up with having to keep testing my three every time EA releases yet another flippin' patch every five minutes, and decided enough was enough!) Thank you for referring posters to me when they request no coughing (and no wrench tossing).
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF on Overview page
UPDATE 20th October 2011: I do not yet have Pets, but have installed the 1.26 patch and this mod (the Late Night version) is still working as it should. If anyone who has Pets experiences any problems, please let me know!
I've had an error possibly related to your mod, using Twallan's ErrorTrap mod to get the error visible. See here (bottom one quoted in that message) for it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaldir
I've had an error possibly related to your mod, using Twallan's ErrorTrap mod to get the error visible. See here (bottom one quoted in that message) for it.

THANK YOU for that - because I only have patch 1.26 and not Pets, I could only see that the mod was still doing what it was supposed to do, stopping sims coughing while eating, but could not see if it would affect interactions with pets. I'll create a new version of the mod from the patched gameplay files later today and upload it, and I'd be very grateful if you'll let me know if the error goes away. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:37 AM
The Sims aren't coughing any more and the 'throw scraps' interaction shows up. However when a Sim does this he/she stands up whilst seated - standing through the chair and sort of does a mini 'jump bug' of sorts as the game tries to do the animation. The interaction never takes place.

I have pets and am all patched up. So I think there is still a problem with this mod. I'm going to leave it in for now because the spluttering and coughing over food is far more annoying than not being able to throw a scrap of food to a pet.

Thanks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xianah
The Sims aren't coughing any more and the 'throw scraps' interaction shows up. However when a Sim does this he/she stands up whilst seated - standing through the chair and sort of does a mini 'jump bug' of sorts as the game tries to do the animation. The interaction never takes place.

I have pets and am all patched up. So I think there is still a problem with this mod. I'm going to leave it in for now because the spluttering and coughing over food is far more annoying than not being able to throw a scrap of food to a pet.

Thanks

Oh crumbs, thanks for that - I'm going to have to get Pets sooner rather than later (haven't bought it yet due to being too broke!) and look into this. Will update the Overview page with your findings.
Test Subject
#66 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
THANK YOU for that - because I only have patch 1.26 and not Pets, I could only see that the mod was still doing what it was supposed to do, stopping sims coughing while eating, but could not see if it would affect interactions with pets. I'll create a new version of the mod from the patched gameplay files later today and upload it, and I'd be very grateful if you'll let me know if the error goes away. Thanks again!

You're welcome, and thanks for the updated version; I'll put it in and and give it a try. I see Xianah already gave you some feedback on it.
Hope you'll get your money issue fixed somehow soon and get to play pets (mostly for yourself, but also for us who like your mod ).
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:30 AM Last edited by claudiasharon : 29th Oct 2011 at 3:58 AM.
@EsmeraldaF, just an FYI, I updated this mod myself and I have 1.26/Pets. I tested it in game and whatever I did in my update, my sim does the jump bug when trying to throw scraps. So it has nothing to do with you having Pets or not, it's something with the mod itself.

Edit: I was just looking through your Pets file, and at the very end with the fork part, I see you did what you told me about in your PM. I did what I said I'd do in my PM. So both our ways might be not working, or something else completely is going on.

Or, it's a problem with the 0x0 issue that first shows up when you open the file. This is going to bother me. LOL.

Edit2: Yep, it's one of those that's causing the issue. I went in and just edited the file so it wouldn't cause problems in the Jazz editor, and put it in and still, jump bug. So I have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully you can come up with something.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
@EsmeraldaF, just an FYI, I updated this mod myself and I have 1.26/Pets. I tested it in game and whatever I did in my update, my sim does the jump bug when trying to throw scraps. So it has nothing to do with you having Pets or not, it's something with the mod itself.

Edit: I was just looking through your Pets file, and at the very end with the fork part, I see you did what you told me about in your PM. I did what I said I'd do in my PM. So both our ways might be not working, or something else completely is going on.

Or, it's a problem with the 0x0 issue that first shows up when you open the file. This is going to bother me. LOL.

Edit2: Yep, it's one of those that's causing the issue. I went in and just edited the file so it wouldn't cause problems in the Jazz editor, and put it in and still, jump bug. So I have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully you can come up with something.

Oh, thank you SO much for the input! So it's not just me who's having this problem with getting this mod to work with the Throw Scraps action, which is a relief! I've just ordered Pets and hopefully it should arrive early next week, so will be able to test this out properly myself. At the very least, I want to be sure that the mod doesn't interfere with any other pets-related actions besides throwing scraps.

I have a feeling players may have to choose between whether all their sims will either cough their guts up constantly at every meal and have every dinnertime be like living in a TB ward, or not be able to throw scraps to their pets. I know which one my choice would be! But it would be ideal if it was possible to make it work both ways.

If by the '0x0 issue' you mean the sections to do with the World Adventures eating actions, such as under State "a2o_eat_diningOut_chopstick_neat__0" where you have "Actor "chairdining" Suffix 0x0" and the 0x0 is picked up as a syntax error and highlighted in red, I just changed all of those statements to "Actor "chairdining" Suffix "sitTemplateSuffix" to agree with other similar lines, back when I made my first version of this mod for WA and a later version for LN, and it compiled and has always worked fine. I don't think it's to do with the Pets problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 1:17 PM
If by the '0x0 issue' you mean the sections to do with the World Adventures eating actions, such as under State "a2o_eat_diningOut_chopstick_neat__0" where you have "Actor "chairdining" Suffix 0x0" and the 0x0 is picked up as a syntax error and highlighted in red, I just changed all of those statements to "Actor "chairdining" Suffix "sitTemplateSuffix" to agree with other similar lines, back when I made my first version of this mod for WA and a later version for LN, and it compiled and has always worked fine. I don't think it's to do with the Pets problem.

Ah that's WA, okay. Wasn't sure. That was one of the issues. The other was at the end with the fork. Not sure what that was for but once I changed that one it caused the jump bug.

I'd definitely chose this mod over throwing scraps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 8:01 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this mod up to date. It's in my list of about 5 Sims 3 things I could not play the game without, and I'm always so happy to see it's still updated so I can continue to use it. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 1:53 AM
This is a both a thank you for eliminating the silly choking - I've been using the mod since it came out! - and a question: I have Pets (base game 1.29, no SP's, and all the EP's fully patched and updated), and I'm getting a "jump bug" whenever a pet uses the "Watch Sim Eat" interaction. The pet will approach the sim eating and then both will "jump" to random spots in the room. Both eating and watching interactions get cancelled. (I have the most recent version of the mod.)

From reading above, I see that people were having jump issues with the "Throw Scrap" interaction, so I'm wondering if this could be related. In other words, is the issue that was blocking the "Throw Scrap" interaction related to when sims and pets try to interact while the sim is eating in general, or was it just specific to the "Throw Scrap" interaction? If it's not related, no big deal - I can just crush the bug by creating a "No autonomous Watch Sim Eat" mod!
Test Subject
#72 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:35 AM
Thanks u ! I have enough of this coughing shitty thing
Everytime I heard coughing, even when they didn't even begin to eat the food, I was yelling to my computer <.<
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 11:02 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 31st Dec 2011 at 4:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by buxcosim
This is a both a thank you for eliminating the silly choking - I've been using the mod since it came out! - and a question: I have Pets (base game 1.29, no SP's, and all the EP's fully patched and updated), and I'm getting a "jump bug" whenever a pet uses the "Watch Sim Eat" interaction. The pet will approach the sim eating and then both will "jump" to random spots in the room. Both eating and watching interactions get cancelled. (I have the most recent version of the mod.)

From reading above, I see that people were having jump issues with the "Throw Scrap" interaction, so I'm wondering if this could be related. In other words, is the issue that was blocking the "Throw Scrap" interaction related to when sims and pets try to interact while the sim is eating in general, or was it just specific to the "Throw Scrap" interaction? If it's not related, no big deal - I can just crush the bug by creating a "No autonomous Watch Sim Eat" mod!

That's really strange, I don't think it's to do with this mod, because there is no 'Watch Sim Eat' interaction in JazzData.package's 'Eat' state machine, which is what my mod is overriding. The only new Pets-related interaction in 'Eat' is the 'Throw Scrap' one.

I've just opened up every state machine in JazzData.package that seemed relevant, such as 'Pet beg', and searched on 'watch' in each of them but found no 'Watch Sim Eat' interaction. The JazzData.package I used for this mod was the one that came with Pets, the 1.26 patch level. Maybe this was something that was added with 1.29? Was this happening before you patched to 1.29? I'm really baffled! Will go and look at patch 1.29's JazzData.package later if I get a chance, to see if it has changed from 1.26/Pets.

EDIT: Have now looked at the patch 1.29 JazzData file, and there is no 'Watch Sim Eat' interaction in the 'Eat' state machine there either, nor does there seem to be one in other relevant state machines. Maybe this is an XML tuning issue (which I know nothing about) rather than a jazz issue? Have you tried running TS3 with just my mod in and all others temporarily removed, and does the 'Watch Sim Eat' problem still occur then?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 7:55 PM
EDIT: Have now looked at the patch 1.29 JazzData file, and there is no 'Watch Sim Eat' interaction in the 'Eat' state machine there either, nor does there seem to be one in other relevant state machines. Maybe this is an XML tuning issue (which I know nothing about) rather than a jazz issue? Have you tried running TS3 with just my mod in and all others temporarily removed, and does the 'Watch Sim Eat' problem still occur then?
Thanks for checking into it for me.

I checked GameplayData for ITUN's and XML's and didn't see anything called "watch sim eat" or similar, but I did find one called WatchCooking_Sim (0x5E9F4CAFE8EB83E6) that was a definition for "watch sim with food" that sounded promising. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have any bearing, though, since it only applies to cooking but not eating.

Basically what happened was that my Sim was sitting at the table eating dinner and the dog got the "Watch Sim Eat" interaction in it's queue autonomously. I was going to cancel it, but I decided to let it go because I hoped it might boost the dog's Social need. The dog walked over to the table as if it were going to watch and then they both jumped. The only reason I was thinking that it might be related to the "Throw Scraps" jump was because they seemed to happen under similar circumstances. Kind of a shot in the dark, really, but worth a try! No worries, though.

I haven't tried isolating the mod yet because it was only a one-time jump - at least so far! I'll try to replicate it if I can; for all I know, it's just my system acting up!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:52 PM
@buxcosim:
Thank you for the extra info! After I wrote my reply to you, it suddenly hit me that when I tested the mod to see if 'Throw Scrap' worked or not, I had actually been using the 'Watch Sim Eat' interaction to test it with! I found that my pets needed to be in Watch Sim mode in order for the sim to have the Throw Scrap action appear in their pie menu. I didn't have any jump bugs with my pets in Watch Sim mode. So now I'm really baffled. I can only suggest testing your game with only this mod installed and see if it keeps happening. I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else leaves a comment about this Watch Sim jump bug.
Page 3 of 5