Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No coughing / choking while eating

by Esmeralda Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 8:26 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2019 at 3:10 PM by Esmeralda : Just minor change to text

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:28 AM Last edited by buxcosim : 6th Jan 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
@buxcosim:
Thank you for the extra info! After I wrote my reply to you, it suddenly hit me that when I tested the mod to see if 'Throw Scrap' worked or not, I had actually been using the 'Watch Sim Eat' interaction to test it with! I found that my pets needed to be in Watch Sim mode in order for the sim to have the Throw Scrap action appear in their pie menu. I didn't have any jump bugs with my pets in Watch Sim mode. So now I'm really baffled. I can only suggest testing your game with only this mod installed and see if it keeps happening. I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else leaves a comment about this Watch Sim jump bug.
Cool. I was thinking about that too. It sounded like there had to be a state like "watch sim" that was a precursor to "Throw Scrap" and any other similar interactions, but I wasn't finding it in the usual places I check to disable interactions. (I guess it's probably not tunable, so that's why I wasn't seeing it.)

Hmm, so I wonder if my jump bug was caused not by the "Watch Sim Eat" interaction but by whatever the dog tried to do next - maybe "Beg For Scrap" (if there is such an interaction)? That would kind of make sense: If Sims can "Throw Scrap," pets should be able to "Beg," and if the "Beg" interaction has the same issue as the "Throw Scrap" interaction, it could be causing the same jump.

So far, I haven't been able to replicate it, but now that I have a better idea of where to look, I should have better luck at tracking it down!

EDIT: I found an interaction I somehow missed called "PetBegForFood_Sim," which is listed as a twopersonjig (or something to that effect). It's paired to a "BeBegged" interaction, and it's different from the "BegForHarvestable" interaction, so I'm assuming this is the one for begging at the table. I haven't played with Jazz scripts before, but I'll see if I can track it down there.

At least I know I can disable it if I can't figure out what's causing it!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#77 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:26 PM
Thanks for checking on compatibility with the new patch!
Instructor
#78 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 8:44 PM
Thanks so much for updating this mod and for all your hard work!

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:47 PM
Thank you for your hard work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 11:30 PM
Thankyou soooo much!! The coughing annoyed the HECK out of me lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#81 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:59 PM
Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#82 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 6:34 PM
Thanks for updating this; I really hate the coughing and choking.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#83 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:30 AM
Thanks so much for updating this. I've been out of town and forgot to look for an update when I returned home. The coughing was driving me nuts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:03 PM
It doesn't seem to work while eating Chinese food. They can eat it just fine but they still choke.

Sheesh, EA was trolling when they put that in there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elec-1
It doesn't seem to work while eating Chinese food. They can eat it just fine but they still choke.

Sheesh, EA was trolling when they put that in there.

Strange, will double check it tomorrow when I get a chance. And yes, I can't imagine what EA was thinking when they thought having everyone choking and coughing constantly while eating was a good idea.
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Strange, will double check it tomorrow when I get a chance. And yes, I can't imagine what EA was thinking when they thought having everyone choking and coughing constantly while eating was a good idea.

I sat there for days trying to figure out why my sim kept coughing during eating, thought it meant he was getting a cold like in sims2, thank you for this mod!
Field Researcher
#87 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:52 PM
is this mod compatible with 1.47?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiny0190
is this mod compatible with 1.47?

Yes, finally got a chance to patch and test it, seems fine.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:41 PM
thanks!..but ther is again another update!..pffff is this beautyfull mod compatible wit 1.48.5...thanks verry mutch
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#90 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 5:25 PM
Should still be fine with 1.48, as that patch doesn't affect the type of game code that this mod uses.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:02 PM
and for patch 1.50..?..thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 10:25 PM
Works great, thanks!
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 1:08 PM
Is this still working with 1.55 patch?
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Styleen
Is this still working with 1.55 patch?

I'm not sure, I updated to the new patch and tried updating all of my cc and mods along with it, and there was a problem with one so I was trying to find the problem with each mod one by one, and this one slowed the game down enough to which it wouldn't even load to the start screen.

I don't know if its just me, so ...
Test Subject
#95 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:05 AM
Seems to still be working with 1.55.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MyChemicalJ
I'm not sure, I updated to the new patch and tried updating all of my cc and mods along with it, and there was a problem with one so I was trying to find the problem with each mod one by one, and this one slowed the game down enough to which it wouldn't even load to the start screen.

I don't know if its just me, so ...

I think it's just you, it's not causing any problems with slowing the game or not loading for me. You might have another mod that conflicts with it in some way?
Test Subject
#97 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 7:49 PM
Thanks!

Also, is that Gunter from Deus Ex in the nectar picture?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eastowl
Thanks!

Also, is that Gunter from Deus Ex in the nectar picture?

Heh, yes! http://www.modthesims.info/d/373221
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:19 AM
Thank you ! My game is more and more realistic. :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#100 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juniormints74
Is this compatible with 1.67? Thanks.

Please see the October 22 update at the top of the description page, where it says I've retired from creating and am no longer supporting this mod. It will probably work as I described in that update, but if you do have problems, please follow the link I gave there for the version by bluegenjutsu who was still keeping her version up to date the last time I looked (which was admittedly a while back!).
Page 4 of 5