Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 1:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default HELP! EMERGENCY! CC MAGIC! I accidently deleted one of my folders
I have a download that I cannot stand, it has something to do with the lighting of Midnight Hollow, but it turns all my worlds red. Anyhow, I found it in cc magic and thought I was deleting it, but when I clicked remove I somehow removed the whole folder. I had it titled objects.
If there is a way to attach a pic of my screen shot on this forum please let me know. . How do I recover from removing a file? Is the objects in that file still there or are they gone????
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 3:09 PM
Did you remove it from the Sets folders in Mods? Just rebuild. If you removed from the CCMagic folder, have you looked in the trash?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Did you remove it from the Sets folders in Mods? Just rebuild. If you removed from the CCMagic folder, have you looked in the trash?

I Wish I could attach a snapshot. On the left side of CC Magic I have folders. One was called objects. I found the mod in that folder (I put it in the wrong folder)
I selected that mod (Highlighted it) and clicked the remove button at the bottom of the left hand side (MISTAKE)
Now my object folder is gone. BUT, I did notice it seems to deleted the folder, and possibly placed all the content under default. I am loading the game now to see if the content is still in the game.
Where does CC Magic place the files in the EA Document folder??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Shelterdog123 : 30th Sep 2020 at 1:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shelterdog123
I Wish I could attach a snapshot. On the left side of CC Magic I have folders. One was called objects. I found the mod in that folder (I put it in the wrong folder)
I selected that mod (Highlighted it) and clicked the remove button at the bottom of the left hand side (MISTAKE)
Now my object folder is gone. BUT, I did notice it seems to deleted the folder, and possibly placed all the content under default. I am loading the game now to see if the content is still in the game.
Where does CC Magic place the files in the EA Document folder??

UGGG. its pretty messed up
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:48 AM
The actual files are transported to a folder called CCMagic in My Documents. What you are playing with are the merged and extracted set files in Mods -> Cache.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
The actual files are transported to a folder called Cc Magic in My Documents. What you are playing with are the merged and extracted set files in Mods -> Cache.

NOT RIGHT YET. I am missing a lot of custom content. I have all my downloads backed up so I tried to install one package again. first problem. I noticed everything in my sub folders on the left side of screen ( Lots, SIM files, clothing ) had March of 2020 and newer installed. Everything from Feb. 2020 and older were missing.
I Placed a download into my Documents, Sims 3 downloads folder. It will not show up under default in CC Magic. I click referesh like I have done in the past, but the box is empty. When I go back to the downloads folder, it is gone. So basically, CC Magic will install my content into its CC Magic folder under my documents, but I am no longer able to see the package in Magic, or organize it in the sub folders to the left. HELP!!
Should I just re install CC Magic and reinstall 2 years worth of downloads???
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 12:11 AM
CCMagic makes merging and removing files easy, sounds like perhaps the wrong button was perhaps clicked. there is an awesome tutorial on CCMagic and The Sims Asylum here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-update-batman/. You do need the register on the site but it is a very well written tutorial and you may find how to fix the current problem. I personally love CCMagic as it makes adding and removing easy but it is easy to mess something up and it may look catastrophic but going through the tutorial I was always able to find my misstep and fix it 99%, I do maintain backups of all my CC on an external. Sadly my computer dies and I haven't been able to get a new one yet or I would open CCMagic and see if I could offer advice, I do know there are 2 places it places files, it has a back up of everything it installs and it makes merged files for your game to use, I just can't remember where it puts it all but Nella's tutorial explains it all.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 3:01 AM
CCMagic is useful because it makes is easy to organize and load only the CC that one needs for a particular game session. The merging is a side effect of the organization but it's not why people like me still use it despite only playing from SSDs.
I'm sure, once the OP sits down and breathes a bit, maybe have a look at the tutorial, they will find their stuff again. The installing is done very quickly since it doesn't need the launcher. All the original unmerged and unextracted files (packages and sim3packs) are backed up in the CCMagic folder in My Documents.