Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked Buffet Table

by cathair2005 Posted 9th Feb 2006 at 8:03 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2006 at 1:00 PM by cathair2005

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
#2 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:14 AM
Great idea! :D

Thanks for sharing it!

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:16 AM
I like this idea - I'll give it a try in my game and let you know how it works. Thanks.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:23 AM
Thanks for this, I will test it in my game.

Shawnee
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:24 AM
Sounds very interesting! Any known conflicts with other hacks? I have this hack "Eat more talk less" by Crammyboy wich prevents sims from overeating so i'm wondering

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Berg
Sounds very interesting! Any known conflicts with other hacks? I have this hack "Eat more talk less" by Crammyboy wich prevents sims from overeating so i'm wondering

I don't think so, the overeating is local to the buffet table. The buffet object simply says don't enter the queue if my hunger is greater than or equal to 90 (where 100 is full).

If you tell me where to get Crammy boy's hack I'll have a look at it for you and tell you if it conflicts but it shouldn't as he uses the buffet table as well.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 10:42 AM
Thanks for such a quick reply. Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I wouldn't know a thing about hacks so I fugured it's better to ask...

Anyway, the hack I use is here

Thanks again! :wave:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Berg
Thanks for such a quick reply. Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I wouldn't know a thing about hacks so I fugured it's better to ask...

Anyway, the hack I use is here

Thanks again! :wave:

You're not stupid - it was a good question and I'm glad you're going about it that way. Okay, I've had a look and fortunately, there is no conflict between the two.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
You're not stupid - it was a good question and I'm glad you're going about it that way. Okay, I've had a look and fortunately, there is no conflict between the two.

Then this buffet is going right into my game, right away! Thanks alot, this sounds so good. Maybe I'll use the buffet table more now.

I'll start the game up in a few minutes, and I get back to you if any problems would occur!

Thanks again!

MTS2 Hot Pepper
#10 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 3:29 PM
Nice hack - gonna try soon! _

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 4:10 PM
Brilliant! I too hated the way the buffet would sit there ignored while the guests all raided my fridge for chips. Very irritating. >
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:59 PM
Default Thanx
Thank you very much for this. It really bothered me at sim weddings when i would get a buffet and the idiot sims would get chips instead.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 8:21 PM
Thank you, very much.

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:13 AM
Thank you so much, I would get so mad when having a party and none of the guests coming to eat the expensive buffet. Your Mods are the best for our games.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gizmo7680
Thank you so much, I would get so mad when having a party and none of the guests coming to eat the expensive buffet. Your Mods are the best for our games.

Thank you. Just let me know if there's any bugs that need smoothing out or if there's anything else you'd like to see made.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 12:01 AM
Default Thanks
:moose: I know I've said it before, but what would we do without you guys! Thanks for sharing. I could NEVER make anything as brillient as this. This site rocks. And you guys are all so wonderfull. Thanks again, DEBB :wave:
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 7:48 PM
Very awesome! This is more of a global change right? It isn't a hacked/cloned object (I just want to be sure I fully understand your first post)?

The reason I ask is because it's in Object Mods. I guess I'm confused as to what exactly qualifies as an "object mod" versus a "global mod." I always thought that "object mods" were meant to be hacked/cloned objects, which are either entirely new (new mesh, new functionality) or clones of existing Maxis objects with new functionality. I thought "global mods" were anything that changed game behaviour, either adding or modifiying sim interactions with other sims or existing Maxis objects on a "global" scale, meaning it affects all behaviour for all sims and all objects.

For example... if you make a mod that affects all beds, even though beds are objects, I would have thought that mod would be considered a "global mod."

I guess I need to read up on the guidelines or forum descriptions. :P

Anyways, thanks, this is a great idea! Can't wait to try it out!

Also, a suggestion: maybe include a pic displaying the new pie menu options for calling others to the table. The pic you included doesn't really show anything different. I think, when it comes to hacks that changes behaviour that isn't easy to capture in pictures, we can always at least include any new pie menu options we add with our mods.

Ste
Instructor
#18 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 2:38 AM
This download sounds great - I'd just like to know if my "custom" recolours will still work with it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 7:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Syberspunk. I will try and get some new pics to show. In regards to your question, I think global mods are ones that change the game behaviour whereas object mods are done on individual objects and shouldn't affect anything else in the game but that object - I'm not quite sure what qualifies in these forums however. Maybe you are right. Maybe I should place it in global mods: I just thought because it affected only the object but if you find out, by all means, let me know (:

Rincewind010101, I'm not sure if your recolours will work but I'll assume they will because the object isn't a clone it's the actual same object just edited a bit. If the recolourings you didn't doesn't work, I can suggest you try and clone this object as a stand-alone one.

Thanks for your support guys,
Mark.
#20 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 5:01 PM
I hated it during a wedding or party when only the hosts would sit down to eat (because I made them!). This will be really helpful for my stories and stuff

...................................................................................................................

Check out my stuff at www.sims2.com - my username is pinkjellyfish99
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Thanks for the feedback, Syberspunk. I will try and get some new pics to show. In regards to your question, I think global mods are ones that change the game behaviour whereas object mods are done on individual objects and shouldn't affect anything else in the game but that object - I'm not quite sure what qualifies in these forums however. Maybe you are right. Maybe I should place it in global mods: I just thought because it affected only the object but if you find out, by all means, let me know (:

Hey Mark,

That's alright, I was a bit unclear as well, about what is considered an object mod and what is considered a global mod. Straight from the horses mouth:

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy the Horse... er Dolphin :D
[Wednesday February 15, 2006 - 02:15:46 PM] Delphy|VMs2: Global mods are things that affect the entire game regardless of the lot you are on. Object mods only alter things when activated

He further explained that, if your mod is something that can't be "turned off" and it affects all objects of that type, then it is a global mod. I think object mods are theoretically supposed to be stand-alone and self-contained objects. In other words, they were cloned from an existing Maxis or Custom Created object, or an entirely new mesh altogether. An object mod would be something that you would get in Buy Mode, and ONLY that object is affected. For example, LizzLoves individual hacked autonomous bed. All the modifications are self-contained in that bed and it does not affect all regular Maxis beds. I know she has a separate global hack for beds as well... I think. I easily get confused and there's so many great stuff here, it's hard to keep track of it all. Hehe.

Since your mod affects all buffet tables, and it can't be "turned off" then I believe it qualifies as a global mod. Anyways, I don't mean to be a nitpick (or maybe I do... hehe :sorry: ) or stir any trouble, I actually just wanted clarification for myself because:

A) I was worried that I might have posted some of my stuff in the wrong place and

B) I typically don't use many hacked objects since I kinda prefer global ones (err... don't ask me why :shrug: it's just a preference :loco, and I'd hate to miss out on some cool stuff because I hardly look in this section.

Well I hope this was useful somehow. I just wanted to follow up on it.

Cheers!

Ste
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 3:08 AM
I love this hack! i'm gonna give it a try!
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th May 2006 at 2:44 AM
It doesn't do what it says :-(

MagnumSims
Quote:
It Takes Drive And Determination To Succeed
mail me:

Daughters Modeling Site
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th May 2006 at 7:54 AM
great idea. Thanks for the download. I will try it in my game when i get the chance. Any known bugs so far from other testers yet?
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 11:18 PM
I had problems with this one:
It caused my sims to abrubtly move or leave their foods, and seemed to interfere with the adult sims' free will. Also, no sims would actually eat from the table and visitors wouldn't do anything.
Once I deleted the file the game worked fine, so I assume it was this and not another one of my downloads.
Page 1 of 2