2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11076 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 8:06 PM
I looked at it; but that 10% random death is not for me. I have another one that that CAN cause death if the mom is too hungry (birth really tanks all needs). But still don't find a mod that allows stillbirth or miscarriage - not randomly (that's too sad for me) but based on something the mom is doing (or not, like not getting rest).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Instructor
#11077 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Yes, without Inteen.

I think it's a feature for Angel & Nurses by ChrisHatch, religion and so, but it might be worse than inteen in term of compatibility and loading. :P

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Forum Resident
#11078 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 10:21 PM
How about a winter sledding mod for all ages? Make a functional sledding object and another functional object as a big steep sledding hill to slide down with the sleds, Sort of how the slide is made but with sleds.
Mad Poster
#11079 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 10:22 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 14th Mar 2020 at 12:16 AM.
Custom animations to make some sims write, eat, play certain games like catch, darts, etc. left-handed. It would also involve some tokens that would be given out randomly. Basically just mirror animations and have lefties instinctively sit where they won't bump righties, or if that fails, play or write right-handed and do it poorly.

Also... have lefty sims play special altered guitars and basses strung upside down. I mean, some simmers want an authentic-looking sim Jimi Hendrix.
Scholar
#11080 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 3:52 PM
Don't need custom animations or a token, to mirror an animation it just requires a 'flip flag' to be set. Sim's handedness is calculated by their GUID, if the GUID is divisible by three then they are left handed and since the GUID can't change there is no need for a token, they already are left handed for life. However most actions that need an item to be placed in the hand use the right hand because it is simpler to program that way so the whole action has to be right handed, it just lazy programming that left handed sims don't usually behave left handed.
Mad Poster
#11081 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Don't need custom animations or a token, to mirror an animation it just requires a 'flip flag' to be set. Sim's handedness is calculated by their GUID, if the GUID is divisible by three then they are left handed and since the GUID can't change there is no need for a token, they already are left handed for life. However most actions that need an item to be placed in the hand use the right hand because it is simpler to program that way so the whole action has to be right handed, it just lazy programming that left handed sims don't usually behave left handed.

Wait wait... there are left-handed sims in Sims 2? I thought that was a Sims 4 thing. Am I missing something? But anyway, for Sims 2, if sims with GUIDs divisible by 3 are lefties, then all we need are flipped animations for things like writing, eating, cooking, drawing/painting, and playing the guitar and bass.
Mad Poster
#11082 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 7:06 PM
By default, Sims seem to be ambidextrous. They use their left hand when writing in their diary, and their right hand when doing homework/college assignments. (On the other hand, they also use scalpels to write in their diaries, so...)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#11083 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 7:44 PM
I’d quite like it if, like the meetme2theriver subhood versions of main hoods, there were normal subhood versions of the universities with the YA Sims aged up. It’d save having to go through all of the universities and graduating/dropping out everyone.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#11084 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 7:36 PM
I'd still like to see an external tool to generate object/clothing thumbnails. The only time I get pink flashing these days is after I've generated too many of them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11085 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 12:37 PM
Hobby lots but for jobs. Could probably already be done tbh if I used the Visitor Controller to ban other careers, but I like the idea of there being a boss on site that Sims could talk to for career advice, and I'd need some way to force Sims into their job uniforms.
Mad Poster
#11086 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 6:45 AM
Object spawners - so Sims can pick up treasures and maybe get free fruit seeds or harvestables, or even valuable objects. Werewolves will make more and better treasures appear.
Mad Poster
#11087 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 10:57 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 22nd Mar 2020 at 11:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Object spawners - so Sims can pick up treasures and maybe get free fruit seeds or harvestables, or even valuable objects. Werewolves will make more and better treasures appear.

So you mean "Dig for treasure" but without actual digging? As far as I know our sims cannot just pick up.

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I'd need some way to force Sims into their job uniforms.

Could be also done by Visitor Controller, so far it forces sims to change workwear into casual outfit. Just modify to do the opposite.
Mad Poster
#11088 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 10:11 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 23rd Mar 2020 at 10:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
So you mean "Dig for treasure" but without actual digging? As far as I know our sims cannot just pick up.

Could be also done by Visitor Controller, so far it forces sims to change workwear into casual outfit. Just modify to do the opposite.

Or maybe object spawners that spawn ore that can be smelted and gems that can be cut - like in Sims 3. Also, for picking up, you can use the animations for picking up something from combing for shells, or for pulling weeds.

Also, we need some old PC-only DOS games like Commander Keen and Jill of the Jungle. And of course Jazz Jackrabbit. Maybe some classic consoles that have their own special games, like a Sega with Sonic and a few others, Nintendo with Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, Metroid, etc. and of course a few early ones like Atari and Coleco.

Yes, I KNOW about the ZX-Spectrum. I HAVE the ZX-Spectrum CC, though it is likely nobody will read this part (I mean, I've done the same thing lol) but yeah, I want to see some older computers and consoles being represented with a little accuracy.

Maybe even an Apple II with games like Oregon Trail and Prince of Persia, or the ADAM with its word processor and LOUD daisy wheel printer, and lots of cartridge, disc, and datapack games. And of course Apple would also have a word processor and possibly a dot matrix or daisy wheel printer - either one would be flippin' loud and it would be unwise to use the computer to write novels or do term papers while a roommate is sleeping.

For the portable game, maybe a Gameboy or Gameboy advance, or even a Gamegear with custom sounds - like maybe Tetris or Super Mario Land music for the Gameboy.
Forum Resident
#11089 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo

Plumbob Keep has spawners, for nuts that you can eat, and for small animals like rats and snakes that your dogs and cats can attack. Finally worked out that my dead duck was because the wicked cat mauled it before my sims woke up.
Forum Resident
#11090 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I looked at it; but that 10% random death is not for me. I have another one that that CAN cause death if the mom is too hungry (birth really tanks all needs). But still don't find a mod that allows stillbirth or miscarriage - not randomly (that's too sad for me) but based on something the mom is doing (or not, like not getting rest).

Think Chris Hatch's Hospital does that. It doesn't have death in childbirth, but it does have an inteen sort of miscarriage thing which kicks in when Sims have low needs. I have several sad ladies through this thing.
Theorist
#11091 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 4:36 PM
I'm having a lot of fun playing the Specter family. Olive and Ophelia are getting along quite well after Ophelia became an evil witch during her college days, dropped out and started wrecking havoc back in her home town.

Given that ghosts haunt 13 Dead End Lane every night, and are pretty aggressive, I thought of a mod that would alter the gypsy so that she would also perform an exorcism around your Sim's lot. It would systematically function in a similar way a resurrection does in-game - you call the gypsy, she arrives, and you Ask... to Perform an Exorcism. She then asks you to offer your bid for the ritual, and depending on the amount offered, you get four possible outcomes:

§8 513 - §10 000: the exorcism will be performed in the best possible way by the gypsy. For the first night, there will be no ghosts on the lot. If the ghosts were angry before the exorcism, they will appear on the second night, but will only linger outside, make minimal mess, and won't scare Sims for six days. If the ghosts weren't angry, they won't appear for six days. On the seventh day, the ghost behaviors are reset as the blessing diminishes. If there are no further reasons for the ghosts to be angry, they won't be, but if there are, consider calling the gypsy do repeat the ritual.

§4 128 - §8 512: not entirely thrilled by your bidding, the gypsy waves her hands in the air and mumbles "yidda-yadda," not being entirely devoted to the ritual. The spirits are put to rest the same way they would be if you paid in full, but their behavior will reset much sooner than if you had offered more than §8.5k.

§988 - §4 127: the gypsy takes offence by blaming you for not taking this ritual seriously. She performs what your Sim thinks is an exorcism ritual, but in reality, she has just forced all lot ghosts to first rest one night, and then for all of them to come out very angry and haunt the lot thoroughly, by knocking down and breaking furniture and appliances and by draining your food supplies. Your living Sims will be targeted for scares and probably won't be able to sleep that easy. These aggressive scares, no matter how calm the spirits were before the ritual, will last for three consecutive nights, and then reset.

§0 - §987: the plea fails, and the gypsy takes your money, startles your Sim and runs off lot.

There would be pop-up messages after the ritual, by which the player would know which three of the scenarios happened:

For a perfect exorcism: I have devoted all my positive life energy towards calming the agitated and exhausted souls from the afterlife. I must now go and rest. I suggest you do the same; I can hear the spirits thanking you for the sweet, sweet cash and saying they'll be taking a break from haunting this lot for a bit while!

For an incomplete exorcism: I have devoted, err... myself... to calm the angry spirits. I'm sure they've obeyed my requests. Spirits, however, tend to be very forgetful these days, though... I tell them one thing, and a few days later, it's like I've never told them anything at all. Hm...

For cursing instead of exorcism: Exorcisms and rituals alike are not to be made fun of. The transaction amount tells a lot about how you feel about your current situation, and as promised, I'm just here to carry your message to the "other" side. I'm sure the spirits will definitely... change behavior. Gotta run now, dear!

Bonus, if your Sim asks the gypsy to perform an exorcism on a lot with no graves or urns, regardless of the amount given: Worry not, my dear! I've managed to single-handedly calm down all the spirits that you thought haunted these grounds. Thank you for investing in my services. I suggest you also invest in newer hardwood flooring and better plumbing, to maximize the ritual's effect and completely obliterate the sounds of floors creaking and water dripping late at night.
Alchemist
#11092 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 9:38 PM Last edited by omglo : 27th Mar 2020 at 9:55 PM.
The TS2 program files have a lot of redundant parts that are overwritten by newer files. The older files are still left intact though, so that you can uninstall expansions. Which was fine for the disks, but you can't uninstall expansions from UC*, so EA should've optimized UC by removing all the unnecessary bloat.

*except with anygamestarter.

don't try and remove the extraneous stuff yourself. You'll probably have to end up reinstalling.
Mad Poster
#11093 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 10:47 PM
I have utopical dream abut lot view camera. Fake lot edges, so lot impostors are pushed away for 10 squares arouńd a lot and you can see everything as normal as on the lot in these 10 squares. It doesn't affect gameplay, just a camera view. And the light goes over edge too.
Test Subject
#11094 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 10:56 PM
A mod that adds in the Sims 1 soundtrack to the regular game soundtrack.
Inventor
#11095 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maenad
A mod that adds in the Sims 1 soundtrack to the regular game soundtrack.

Well, there's radio station "shopping music" I think, it plays some sims 1 music, I usually turn this channel on when I feel like listening some sims 1 music :P
Alchemist
#11096 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 2:11 AM
Apparently if you have TS1, the music is in the games install files. You can just copy and paste what you want into TS2's folder.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#11097 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Well, there's radio station "shopping music" I think, it plays some sims 1 music, I usually turn this channel on when I feel like listening some sims 1 music :P

I think it's the "New Age" channel.

Anywho, I would like a mod that let's sims visit university lots. As in, be able to pick up the phone, call a cab, and choose a uni lot to go to. Don Lothario types could pick up college chicks, former uni sims could visit their alma mater/maybe even get married on a uni lot?? (I've seen ppl irl do that), teens could go on a campus visit/tour etc.
Mad Poster
#11098 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The TS2 program files have a lot of redundant parts that are overwritten by newer files. The older files are still left intact though, so that you can uninstall expansions. Which was fine for the disks, but you can't uninstall expansions from UC*, so EA should've optimized UC by removing all the unnecessary bloat.

*except with anygamestarter.

don't try and remove the extraneous stuff yourself. You'll probably have to end up reinstalling.

Is there a way for someone who knows what they're doing to remove the extraneous parts? Then again, it would make Any Game Starter useless as a scrunchie to Sinead O'Connor.
Top Secret Researcher
#11099 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 3:14 AM
I mean, I did it once, but I have no idea whether it was done safely and properly or not. My game ran for just over three years without blowing up, but that doesn't mean anything.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#11100 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn

Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
I think it's the "New Age" channel.

It's both. Shopping is the Sims 1 Buy Mode music. New Age is the Sims 1 Build Mode music.
Page 444 of 582