Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 11:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Featured Sets - Can only place one item!
Hello everyone,
So I’ve recently decided to empty my bank account and purchase a bunch of stuff off The Sims 3 Store.
So I installed it all and went into the game. So my featured sets show up with all the content there. When I click on the set the mini UI comes up and all the items in that set show up, so they are fully installed correctly. However, after I have placed one item from the set (or any) I am unable to place any more items. No matter what the set, in any category, I still can only place one item then I’ve used up my turns so to speak.
The only solution I’ve found to remedy this is to switch in and out of Build Mode, but that only allows me to place one item again and repeats the same bug
My collections work fine and can place items normally, this also goes for the items in the regular catalogue. It’s just the featured sets!
I would use the collections instead but they don’t have all the sets in them.
--
I want to clarify that all my store content is legitimate and was installed via the launcher.
My game is patched to 1.67 and I also have the content patch in my game too.
Also I have followed Ciane’s method of installing store content with patterns first have kept all my .ebc files below the 204,800KB limit.
--
So any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated! I hope this isn’t an issue with the game version because I really don’t want to go to 1.69 and have to deal with the pathetic excuse of a client called Origin.
Thank you ever so much, williame4c. :-)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 6:34 PM
I think it's a leftover glitch which the developers did not fix. Though I don't know for sure but I would guess that everyone has this issue when using most, if not all, of the preset collection folders.

The only solution I am aware of is to create your own collection by looking up the set items and locations from The Store website if not sure and then save into a brand new collection folder.

Or search online for a collection folder that someone has already created to download. However, it may be difficult to find them all and some sites may not even be safe.
http://aznsensei.blogspot.com/2012/...tion-files.html

Best bet may be to create your own as time consuming that may be over time. Or at least for your most used sets/items. There is also a way to back up your collections and reuse without re-doing it again in case of changing to a new TS3 folder or a new computer, etc. Create the collection, save it, write down the exact time and title. Wait at least one minute before starting on another. You can do that for multiple collections then save and quit whenever you are ready. (Because unfortunately these do not seem to appear in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Collections > Users folder until after you quit. Or so that is what I remember the last time I created my own collection folder.) Then go to your collections > users folder, filter by date modified if not already and refer to your time stamps to know which files are the collections you just saved. Copy and paste it to the desktop and rename the files according to the timestamp of the title you wrote down. Then save those files on an USB or any other external hard drive in case the computer's hard drive dies you will have a backup. Of course you can save it anywhere you want.

Hopefully I explained that correctly.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I think it's a leftover glitch which the developers did not fix. Though I don't know for sure but I would guess that everyone has this issue when using most, if not all, of the preset collection folders.

The only solution I am aware of is to create your own collection by looking up the set items and locations from The Store website if not sure and then save into a brand new collection folder.

Or search online for a collection folder that someone has already created to download. However, it may be difficult to find them all and some sites may not even be safe.
http://aznsensei.blogspot.com/2012/...tion-files.html

Best bet may be to create your own as time consuming that may be over time. Or at least for your most used sets/items. There is also a way to back up your collections and reuse without re-doing it again in case of changing to a new TS3 folder or a new computer, etc. Create the collection, save it, write down the exact time and title. Wait at least one minute before starting on another. You can do that for multiple collections then save and quit whenever you are ready. (Because unfortunately these do not seem to appear in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Collections > Users folder until after you quit. Or so that is what I remember the last time I created my own collection folder.) Then go to your collections > users folder, filter by date modified if not already and refer to your time stamps to know which files are the collections you just saved. Copy and paste it to the desktop and rename the files according to the timestamp of the title you wrote down. Then save those files on an USB or any other external hard drive in case the computer's hard drive dies you will have a backup. Of course you can save it anywhere you want.

Hopefully I explained that correctly.

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I had a feeling I would have to create my own collections. Luckily I have the game installed on my laptop with a create fast world so I'll put some time aside to create my own collections. And the linked collection files are a godsend! Thank you!

Just another thing the Sims team didn't fix as usual. Typical. Oh well I hope a Modder creates a fix one day.
Thank you so much Deshong, I much appreciate it!