Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chef Service - v1.7 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:44 PM by douglasveiga

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
Hi, I know you probably heard this before from your maid. But, is it possible that when not doing anything in their service room, they sit down, not stand up? Can they cook Japanese food and Italian food, too?

well, i prefer stand up because he can start cooking faster when necessary and it's better for performance reason. imagine the chef trying to find the nearest free chair in the specific service room in the specific lot from the current world. it's a really "expensive" operation.

Japanese food and Italian food??? you mean store content??

well, is not possible because most of the store recipes don't have "cooking steps" that's why he can't prepare it using appliances.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 5:45 PM
Omg.thismod.is
So Cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 1:12 AM
I've been waiting for you to release this
Great work on this mod - huge fan of your work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:34 AM
Wow, great work! thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
well, i prefer stand up because he can start cooking faster when necessary and it's better for performance reason. imagine the chef trying to find the nearest free chair in the specific service room in the specific lot from the current world. it's a really "expensive" operation.

Japanese food and Italian food??? you mean store content??

well, is not possible because most of the store recipes don't have "cooking steps" that's why he can't prepare it using appliances.

Well, I didn't mean he has to look for a chair all the time. I mean, only if I place a chair/sofa in his service room, then he can sit down. If there are no chairs or anything he can sit on, then he remains standing, it's completely up to the player if they can sit down. How about that? Is that easier?

Lol, too bad he can't make the store content food, my sims have a chef, but they still make their own Japanese and Italian food. I always wanted to have both Japanese and Italaian chefs at home.

Btw, did you make him to eat food? Because I saw him grabbing a plate and putting it on the dinning table, but somehow I think the action got canceled and he went back to his room. Also can you make him bring a serving to the table where sims sit, so they sit right away in the table and just wait for him to hand the serving? For uber lazy sims?
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 4:41 PM
Well, I didn't mean he has to look for a chair all the time. I mean, only if I place a chair/sofa in his service room, then he can sit down. If there are no chairs or anything he can sit on, then he remains standing, it's completely up to the player if they can sit down. How about that? Is that easier?

actually, still it's an expensive operation. the problem is the worst case (there is no chair in the service room), because it will be necessary to check all the objects of the current world to conclude that there is no Chair in the service room.

Btw, did you make him to eat food? Because I saw him grabbing a plate and putting it on the dinning table, but somehow I think the action got canceled and he went back to his room. Also can you make him bring a serving to the table where sims sit, so they sit right away in the table and just wait for him to hand the serving? For uber lazy sims?

"Also can you make him bring a serving to the table where sims sit, so they sit right away in the table and just wait for him to hand the serving?" =>>>>> "Because I saw him grabbing a plate and putting it on the dinning table"

actually it's a feature. you can disable using the configuration interaction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:52 AM
What a creative mod, congrats!
I have a question, what if my sims own a wood oven (for italian food) or a japanese grill (for japanese food)? I mean can he prepare those foods then? *I really hope so!*
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 1:00 PM
Well... this is great, but somehow i can't get this service, there is no option for that in the telephone... Is anyone can help me?
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 1:48 PM
@awsomegirl

"well, is not possible because most of the store recipes don't have "cooking steps" that's why he can't prepare it using appliances."

@B.J.T

You can request the service using the Interaction on the Telephone (not Mobile) ("Chef Service > Request Service").
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:13 AM
Would this work with the fridge mod that disables buying ingredients from your fridge? I don't remember who made it but its on here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet
Would this work with the fridge mod that disables buying ingredients from your fridge? I don't remember who made it but its on here.

no problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:39 AM
will this work on patch 1.38? thanks for this mod.
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by B.J.T
Well... this is great, but somehow i can't get this service, there is no option for that in the telephone... Is anyone can help me?

I am having the same problem as well. I have almost every Ep and SP released. I click on the wall phone pictured in the info but there is no option for a chef at all.
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butta101
I am having the same problem as well. I have almost every Ep and SP released. I click on the wall phone pictured in the info but there is no option for a chef at all.

do you have any outdated mod? have patch v1.42 - v.1.48? try in a new neighborhood just to test it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 1:21 PM
mine is patch 1.38. will it work? there's a chef service option when i click on the phone but when i request a service, there's no chef at all. what could be the problem? thanks
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:29 PM
OK, quick question, does this mod work for patches before 1.42 ~ 1.48? Say, 1.17?? :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katherine R.
OK, quick question, does this mod work for patches before 1.42 ~ 1.48? Say, 1.17?? :P

well, i guess not because it's too outdated.

Quote: Originally posted by pekwa1209
mine is patch 1.38. will it work? there's a chef service option when i click on the phone but when i request a service, there's no chef at all. what could be the problem? thanks

maybe it's because you need to patch your game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:26 PM
Thank you so much Loved it xoxoxoxo
Field Researcher
#44 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:11 PM
did you mean the serve leftovers configuration? I have it on yes, so how does he serve servings to sims who are already seated?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 1:11 AM
no problems.

Nice. Thnx!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 2:51 AM
I'm not sure anyone has asked these questions yet, so here goes:

Does this cook prepare group meals or single meals?

Does the butler still only prepare single meals, or has that been fixed?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 3:35 AM
do you have any outdated mod? have patch v1.42 - v.1.48? try in a new neighborhood just to test it.

yes, I have the 1.48 patch. I have several NRaas pkgs also. dont know if that is the problem. And I already tried it in a brand new game I started but still no option on the phone. Just the call for services where the butler is normally found. No chef service....
Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 3:45 AM
yes, I have the 1.48 patch. I have several NRaas pkgs also. dont know if that is the problem. And I already tried it in a brand new game I started but still no option on the phone. Just the call for services where the butler is normally found. No chef service....

did you mean the serve leftovers configuration? I have it on yes, so how does he serve servings to sims who are already seated?

yes, and no. sorry, doesn't serve for people already seated because they are already using the table slot.

Quote: Originally posted by theapoo
Does this cook prepare group meals or single meals?
Does the butler still only prepare single meals, or has that been fixed?

group if you ask him, otherwise it's based on how many people are hungry.
no changes for butler, he will only stop cooking when the chef is working.
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:58 AM
[QUOTE=douglasveiga]

when I click on the phone it looks nothing like the pic you have posted.
this is what I get when I click on the wall phone.. hope you can see the pic. not sure if I'n doing this right.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/3/1/3/8/7/7/9/MTS_butta101-1346360-phonemenu.jpg
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=douglasveiga]

when I click on the phone it looks nothing like the pic you have posted.
this is what I get when I click on the wall phone.. hope you can see the pic. not sure if I'n doing this right.
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/3/1/3/8/7/7/9/MTS_butta101-1346360-phonemenu.jpg

click the "More" interaction.
Page 2 of 9