Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#151 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:19 PM
Thank both of you from the bottom of my heart. Obviously I would have gotten nowhere on my own. Now I'm quite pleased with my new counter (it took a couple more hours to get all the meshes really looking good).
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 8:44 PM
I return again asking for help! Again another bed, in wings, it looks like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ms/bedboat2.jpg however, I uvmap it and everything seems fine, however testing in game is rather annoying as it makes the end of the bed go funny; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...tebedingame.jpg now I'm not sure if this is to do with the fact I haven't edited the alpha file (not sure if i need to) so a point (or a shove) in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Part-time Hermit
#153 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 8:54 PM
krusty, is it possible you have some inverted faces there, that show solid in Wings 3D but are invisible in the game, since in the game only one side of a face can be visible?
Test Subject
#154 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
krusty, is it possible you have some inverted faces there, that show solid in Wings 3D but are invisible in the game, since in the game only one side of a face can be visible?

appologies for the blonde moment here, but what exactally do you mean by "inverted faces" lol! sorry!
Part-time Hermit
#155 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 9:04 PM
That faces that are supposed to be facing up are facing down, for example. You might see them in the mesh editor if it shows both sides visible, but in the game only one side will be visible, and looking at the face from the other side will make it appear transparent.
Field Researcher
#156 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:20 AM Last edited by Samekh : 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:30 AM.
Try welding the vertices or it might be a material issue. Can you import a Maxis mesh and attach it to your mesh and then delete all the vertices of the Maxis mesh? Then re-weld vertices and export?
Field Researcher
#157 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 9:03 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 17th Feb 2006 at 7:55 PM. Reason: Removed old attachment
It seems like I've been here ten times before with this same problem. I thought I remembered what to do this time - but no.
It's a clone of the Anti-Quaint Armoire. I want both the main part and the handles to be recolorable. For some reason it starts out with the handles being called _drawerhandle in some places and _armoire_drawerhandles in others. I thought I fixed that and I made a recolor. And I ended up with the handles being the only part with two color options and the armoire having only the recolor color. !?! So I did some other stuff which only made things worse. Here are the last two versions. I could use some help. Thanks.
Part-time Hermit
#158 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 9:27 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 17th Feb 2006 at 7:55 PM. Reason: Removed old attachment
Mage, I think it was simply a matter of having to perform Fix Integrity. Before that, the link between the MMAT and TXMT for the armoire appeared broken, but Fix Integrity fixed it. I tested it with a recolor, and it should work for both subsets now .
Test Subject
#159 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 9:30 PM
ok, erm not sure how and if i've inverted anything! Heres a copy of the .zip file, just hope you can help me that way!; http://members.lycos.co.uk/atsims/k...nneedofhelp.zip thanks for you're help so far!
Part-time Hermit
#160 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 10:00 PM
krusty, I don't seem to be able to download from that link, it directs me to the main page of the site instead.
Field Researcher
#161 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:48 AM
Thank you IgnorantBliss. I can't believe I forgot that - again
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#162 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 1:34 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 17th Feb 2006 at 7:55 PM. Reason: Removed old attachment
Quote: Originally posted by krusty
ok, erm not sure how and if i've inverted anything! Heres a copy of the .zip file, just hope you can help me that way!; http://members.lycos.co.uk/atsims/k...nneedofhelp.zip thanks for you're help so far!

Krusty, beside little problems in the mesh itself (for instance, under the front of the ship), the main problem is that a large part of the mesh is not trinagulated. The triangulation (i.e. the subdivision of all the faces in triangles) is needed to the game to display the mesh correctly. A non-triangulated mesh will have faces having 4 or more edges, that are normally visible in the 3D program, but are invisible in game (and in SimPE).

I don't know what 3D editor do you use, but it should have a "triangulate" function.

EDIT:
I've done it for you The mesh has been fixed and triangulated.
Just remember, before importing it in SimPE, to merge the mesh group into one or max 2 groups.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#163 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 4:50 PM
thanks for the help IB, not sure why the link doesn't work!

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Krusty, beside little problems in the mesh itself (for instance, under the front of the ship), the main problem is that a large part of the mesh is not trinagulated. The triangulation (i.e. the subdivision of all the faces in triangles) is needed to the game to display the mesh correctly. A non-triangulated mesh will have faces having 4 or more edges, that are normally visible in the 3D program, but are invisible in game (and in SimPE).

I don't know what 3D editor do you use, but it should have a "triangulate" function.

EDIT:
I've done it for you The mesh has been fixed and triangulated.
Just remember, before importing it in SimPE, to merge the mesh group into one or max 2 groups.

I could kick myself right now! thanks for the help there!

finally I have a working bed (albeit needs some adjustments to the texture and a few tweaks) ; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ingamefixed.jpg

thanks both for you're help!
retired moderator
#164 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:51 PM
Default Curtains and Repository?
I'm sure you can, but I want to make sure, if you know what I mean. Is it possible to create curtains using the repository technique? That would sure simplify things for me. :bandit:

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 11:47 PM
Actually many Maxis curtains already borrow the textures from external objects (all the 1-tile and 2-tiles curtains share the same texture).
Therefore, yes, you can use the Repository tecnique

PS: the Grand Trianon curtains use the Floor Mirror as Repository; so, if in doubt, take a look at them.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#166 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 11:51 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT - TO EVERYONE INTERESTED IN CLONING COUNTERS

Since SimPE still has problems in cloning counters, and due to the difficulties that users have in correctly linking the textures, I've prepared some ready-to-clone counter templates.

You can find them HERE.

retired moderator
#167 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 4:13 AM
Awww, Numenor, you're such a sweetie! Thank you for the templates.

www.Grapholina.com
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 1:46 PM
Default Lighting causes a problem for my arches
I thought I had a great idea, but now I'm thinking twice!

I cloned the Oaktown Classic Arch with the intention of making a top piece and end piece so that, with the two together, any size archway was possible. And outdoors, it worked a treat - even got it working diagonally thanks to the fabulous tutes you've all written.

However, indoors, the ambient light affects each piece differently (see piccie) and it looks rubbish! I think I made a mistake in cloning the arch anyway, because it borrows all its textures from the Oaktown Classic Door, so there are no material definition files etc in my arch pieces, but if I HAD cloned something more suitable, is there anything that can be done to an object so that it doesn't change shade according to proximity of windows?

If so, I can maybe start again (unless there's an easy way to add textures, MATDs etc) - otherwise this one will join Abandonville.

Sue
Screenshots
Part-time Hermit
#169 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 2:02 PM
cyclonesque, I have the same problem with some doors and windows I've made, and I don't know of a way to avoid that. It seems the game handles each tile separately for the lighting.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 2:12 PM
Bah! Thought as much!

Thanks, IgnorantBliss. As far as you know, do ALL windows and doors do this, or is there any base object I could use that is less affected by light?

If there's nothing to be done, I'll get back to the chap who asked for the arch and see if he wants the one I've made anyway. It was a good exercise in learning diagonals though - much thanks to your window tutorials and Numenor's diagonal-object linking.

Maybe I'll stick to SIMPLE things!
Part-time Hermit
#171 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 2:30 PM
You could try editing the Material Definitions for the frame to see if that has any effect. There are settings for reflectivity and such that might have some effect, but this is just speculation, I never really tried to fix it.
retired moderator
#172 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 5:29 PM
How about in the behaviors and/or functions? Shouldn't there be something to tell the game how much light to apply?

www.Grapholina.com
#173 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 5:53 PM
I know i probably sound a bit stupid and a bit of a noob but do the items hacks and so on work for psp or just PC because i know the game has been totaly reinvented for the psp system but there the same basic items arent they??? :sorry:
Part-time Hermit
#174 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 7:27 PM
As far as I know, the objects, hacks etc made for the PC game only work in the PC game.
#175 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 8:40 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 25th Jan 2006 at 9:53 AM. Reason: Edited to remove non-working font style codes
is there any way u could use the workshop thing to make it avalible for the psp
Locked thread
Page 7 of 60