Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 12:14 PM
Default Game Guide: Aliens
So what's with these alien dudes? How do you get abducted?

Please post your info here! You may post new tips, links to old threads that contain lots of good information, etc.

It will be added to this game guide, with credit to the original poster:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ame_Help:Aliens

Help S2C create the best game guides on the whole of the internets! Post your tips on Aliens here today, or... wait, what was I saying? :slow:

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 12:49 PM
*gets all hyper, because he's a huge alien fan*

Aliens. The funky green guys with black eyes. I just loooove them :p

First off, to get abducted, you need to use the expensive telescope, unless you have a hack. (Wiki ftw)
Abductions occur at night, even though I'm not sure about the hours at the moment. They seem to depend on the sim's logic score, but be aware that they are *rare*. You don't need to be in Strangetown to get abducted, my only "natural" abduction occured in Veronaville.
You can force an abduction by activating the boolprop cheat (don't forget to deactivate it afterwards!) and shift-clicking on the expensive telescope, then choosing "DEBUG - Get abducted".
Adult men get pregnant after an abduction, women won't unless you have a hack. The abductee will give birth to a green baby with huge tilted black eyes and a tiny nose after three days. Black eyes won't be passed on to the alien spawn's offspring unless the green skin's passed on too.
Aliens tend not to match humans beauty criteria, but you can download Alien Pollination Technician replacements at MTS2, among others. You can also make your own, either by using CAS' Debug mode, or by using custom skins.
Aliens have no special abilities, and everything you see in pictures and stories is just, well, storytelling. Why not make them wear strange clothes, live in weird houses from space, or otherwise playing them differently though? I do, and I find it more fun that way, as it adds variety to my neighbourhood.

Some CAS-made aliens, for inspiration:
Xk'krylg'hnreblvians (and their lovely clothing style):

Xyliriaxon (courtesy of Lollipop_Girl):

Geek (made as an NPC with SimPE):

There, I hope I helped! Any other questions?
#3 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 6:47 AM
I noticed after playing for a bit that there are ways of increasing the chances of getting abducted without cheating. Abductions take place right after a Sim starts to stargaze, and it won't happen any other time. So what you do is continually have your Sim stargaze and cancel the stargazing interaction after three or four seconds until they get abducted. Otherwise, you won't get anywhere.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 5:53 PM
Game Guide updated to this point. Thanks guys.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
#5 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 7:05 AM
Calculated chance of natural abduction while STARGAZING using LARGE TELESCOPE: 0.05% (awfully tiny)
*info above take from moreawesomethanyou (MATY)
Calculated chance of passing genes: wide range
Calculated time before sucessfull abduction: 3-5 seconds
Calculated abduction time: 60 minutes?
*abduction time info was recorded by me
Calculated chance of abduction while using LOOK THROUGH: 0%
#6 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 10:59 PM
Apparently if your sim has a custom skin and is abducted and impregnated with twins, or eats cheesecake, the twins could have different skintones.

"Well, 1st gen alien babies born to abductees with default (or custom but geneticised) skins are always green. The PolliTech has two dominant genes for his custom skin which dominate any of the default skins. I can only assume that replacement PolliTechs are also this way. However, Puto also has a custom skin. If it is ungeneticised, and he was CAS, then Puto also has two dominant genes for his skin. The game sees his genes on equal footing with the PolliTech, so there's a 50% chance the alien baby will express either skin."

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7795.0
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 11:41 AM
Updated to this point. Thanks.

#8 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkySharky6
I noticed after playing for a bit that there are ways of increasing the chances of getting abducted without cheating. Abductions take place right after a Sim starts to stargaze, and it won't happen any other time. So what you do is continually have your Sim stargaze and cancel the stargazing interaction after three or four seconds until they get abducted. Otherwise, you won't get anywhere.

Incorrect. I've rarely ever had an abduction right after they begin stargazing. For me, they mostly happen around 2am. I think that why that works for you, is that when you cancel out the interaction and start over, it "re-rolls" the chances of the sim getting abducted.

The best methods, and they've never failed me, are:
* Use the expensive telescope.
* Send two people out to stargaze. It raises the chances somehow. This was explained to me once, but I've forgotten the details now of course.
* Begin stargazing at 7pm. If it hasn't happened by 2:30am, it's not going to.
* If they autonomously head to the telescope, don't stop them (unless you don't want an abduction). Every single one of my autonomous stargazers has been abducted. Those were the ones that got abducted just after beginning stargazing.

Also:
* Once a Sim has been abducted, he/she can be re-abducted through the Dance Sphere. The beam of light doesn't come down tho, they just disappear and re-appear later with a memory of being abducted and (if it's an adult male) pregnant.
* The "Two Moons" theory is a myth. There is no relationship to how many moons are in the sky vs. your chances of an abduction.
* When playing Strangetown, it's never been proven that playing the Curious Brothers house triggers the abductions, but it can't hurt either
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MagicBeans
* Begin stargazing at 7pm. If it hasn't happened by 2:30am, it's not going to.

I've had post- 2:30 abductions before, though this was with a telescope that offered an increased change of abduction. (For the record -- I've got a pic of a sim just returned from an abduction at around 7:20 and papergirl on the lot)
#10 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 9:24 PM
When you first play the Curious Brothers in Strangetown, it is programmed so that an abduction will happen quickly.
I read this on forums, and went to test it myself (I'd never played the Curious House before). When I loaded them, Pascal was already pregnant with an alien, and there's a Maxis prompt that says something like, "Gee, Vidcund looks like he'd really like to stargaze!"
I obliged, and he was abducted within a few minutes of stargazing with the big telescope (I didn't make him hoof is up to the 5th floor - I just used the one on the lowest level of the roof).

I don't believe their house is more prone to abductions after that. But the first time is already set up for you!
Site Helper
#11 Old 16th May 2007 at 3:11 PM
I can confirm it is not completely true for a CAS sim. I like knowledge sims, and their first wants in a new house after Fridge, toilet, and tub are bookcase and telescope. Then they want to upgrade it, so I finally just got them the expensive one to start with. Then they want to use their shiny new telescope, so all my CAS knowledge sims stargazed on their very first night in a new house. My only abduction has been with the hacked telescope.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#12 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkySharky6

Guess what? I lied. After looking into this, I noticed that this isn't always the case. MagicBeans was right.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 5:45 PM
If players wish to "cheat" enter the Boolprop Testingcheatsenable true cheat, then Shift Clicking on a telescope will have the command "Get Abducted" Click on it, your sim will walk up to it as if they were about to stargaze, and get abducted.

The cheating way :p
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 9:37 AM
Question about aliens, probably quite noob but anyways, can two born ingame aliens get married? Or are they all going to be brothers and sisters?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xJazminx
Question about aliens, probably quite noob but anyways, can two born ingame aliens get married? Or are they all going to be brothers and sisters?

IIRC, originally, they could not marry (unless you have downloaded replacement/additional Pollination Techs), since they were half-siblings. I'm thinking this changed with a later EP (Nightlife, maybe - I don't have that one) but I'm not positive.
#16 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 2:23 PM
I don't think they can. Even if you download a replacement Pollination Tech, the replacement just becomes the dad of all siblings, replacing the old one. It doesn't recognize it as a new entity.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
I don't think they can. Even if you download a replacement Pollination Tech, the replacement just becomes the dad of all siblings, replacing the old one. It doesn't recognize it as a new entity.
I downloaded multiple pollination techs - but my children born from that aren't old enough to try and pair up yet. But I thought I'd be able to. Definitely my new tech was not listed as the Dad of Pascal's child, but was of Vidcund's (I downloaded them before he was abducted).

Edit - with multiple pollination techs installed, if the half-aliens are fathered by different pollination techs, they are not counted as related and can have romantic interactions.

But with just one, I assume that it would work the same as with just the default (except I *think* the ones fathered by the new replacement would be able to have romantic interactions with the ones fathered by the default Polli Tech)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 6:31 PM
i'll do a few experiments with that today...see if we can shed some more light on the issue, lol. anyone know if alien sims can get abducted? and also, do u know of any ways that aliens can pass on their alien characteristics to their kids (mainly the skin)?
Alchemist
#19 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 6:36 PM
Two aliens born from the same poli tech can get married
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 10:14 AM
In case anyone finds it interesting, one of my downloaded Sims (Kumi Koda's Dolfie Ondo BJD http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=236291) got abducted around 21:30, just a few minutes after going out to stargaze and when he came back he was pregnant.

I am not very fond of those greenies (I didn't try to have him abducted, just fulfilling one of his wants at that time) but the weird thing is that his baby was not born green at all. Instead, he got Ondo's skin as well as his eyes' colour. [If it matters, I had replaced Ondo's BJD skin when I first placed him in my game with another non-BJD skin.] Now the kid looks like Ondo except his eyes are huge in size.

As I've already said, the abduction took place around 21:30, and it was Friday evening. Ondo is a knowledge aspired Sim with all his skills maximised (the normal, hard way, no with cheats) and he works as a Criminal Mastermind at the moment. I didn't use any cheats or hacks to increase his chances of meeting aliens.
#21 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 2:41 PM
This is really helpful!!!