Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 1:05 PM
Default relationship fixer
Maxis sees a man as related to his DEAD son's wife; even if I remove the relations via blender that relationship "marker" still exists - he can't propose., Any suggestions? Also, for plural marriages there is that special arch that allows marriage, but a married person still can't propose to someone else.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 1:10 PM
In my game in-laws aren't considered family. Are you sure that you don't use some kind of extended family mod and/or a mod that lets last marriage after death? What can your sim do to his daughter in law? Can he initiate other romantic interactions spare proposing?

---------------------------------------
"Wait for an advanced civilisation to be briefly distracted, then sneak in and construct a slightly smaller Dyson sphere inside theirs." - xkcd
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Maxis sees a man as related to his DEAD son's wife; even if I remove the relations via blender that relationship "marker" still exists - he can't propose., Any suggestions? Also, for plural marriages there is that special arch that allows marriage, but a married person still can't propose to someone else.

Have you tried the Batbox (FFS Lot Debugger) to see if there still exists a relationship between the son and his wife and, if so, correct it using "Fix Dead Romances"? That might help.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jonas510
In my game in-laws aren't considered family. Are you sure that you don't use some kind of extended family mod and/or a mod that lets last marriage after death? What can your sim do to his daughter in law? Can he initiate other romantic interactions spare proposing?

In-laws are considered family unless you're using some mod to change that. It's just that they're only family from one direction, because EA messed it up.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 7:22 PM
It seems then I have some mod. Good to know. Thank you.

---------------------------------------
"Wait for an advanced civilisation to be briefly distracted, then sneak in and construct a slightly smaller Dyson sphere inside theirs." - xkcd
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 11:16 PM
thanks, ya'll. He can do anything except propose marriage; sounds like that is a Maxis issue. Didn't know batbox had a "fix dead romances", will look for. And I sort of remember a mod I had (have?) about relationships after dead.. thought it FIXED this sort of thing.
And what about married people being able to propose to someone new?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 2:24 PM
I asked about it some time ago and got answer:
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I have a thread on this in the creator feedback forum: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617914

Not mentioned there, but I also like to temporarily put the lot on No Jealousy with ACR while the already married spouses are dating new people.