Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:34 PM
Can you upload your Darth Maul package file? I want to see exactly what you did.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:40 PM
The texture file has like an Alpha channel.
When you look to that part you cas see that the "mask" is in white and the rest in black.
=> to see the eye you need to "paint" the eye sectio in white (in the Alpha, hu )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:39 PM
Correct, maybe all who do not get it should read the pattern layer tutorials and it will become clear.

The black eyes were exactly what gave me the idea that the makeup texture can hold an eye texture.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#29 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:40 PM
Do I do anything with the second texture (00B2D882_00000000_556ADE6F3EA23246.dds for the lion makeup)? I understand the alpha mask part with the main texture file.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:48 PM
I've experimented myself a little bit and I wonder if you know is there a way to have a solid mask and not transparent,cause every time when I try to add ,for example, face mask of a celebrity it doesn't show the true color I painted,it shows the mixture of the skin color of the sim and the color of my mask.What am I doing wrong and can it be fixed and btw what should I do with the RGB file?I painted it all to black, maybe that's the mistake
Inventor
#31 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
This is a bit off topic, but that is one awesome Darth Maul. xD
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:37 PM
God Bless You
Eye masks! YES!

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flajko
I've experimented myself a little bit and I wonder if you know is there a way to have a solid mask and not transparent,cause every time when I try to add ,for example, face mask of a celebrity it doesn't show the true color I painted,it shows the mixture of the skin color of the sim and the color of my mask.What am I doing wrong and can it be fixed and btw what should I do with the RGB file?I painted it all to black, maybe that's the mistake

Try to set the face_overlay to your celebrity image and the mask to all black (see CTU-screenshot on previous page).

Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
This is a bit off topic, but that is one awesome Darth Maul. xD

Thanks

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:39 AM
Um, yeah... I actually made some alien eyes a few days ago, they're posted here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...69406#msg369406

Tried to post them here too but they got rejected. Ironically, I'd fixed the recolouring problem while they were in the queue.

Anyway, for those of you wondering about making eye masks; check out Aikea's tutorial on making default replacement eyes. All I did was apply that to CTU and Photoshop in making those babies.

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:14 AM
I'm going to try and make lipsticks to see how it comes out.
Thanks, Xanathon.
The only thing I'm worried about(since i haven't played around with masks yet, or even used a mask in-game) is how it would react to the sims movements.
If i make a mask lipsticks, would they adjust to sims with wider lips, when they talk, make faces, etc.
I'm going to test it out. This is going to be fun
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:27 PM
If you stick to the texture mapping... I would advise to extract one of the face textures so you can see where the lips are and take them as a blueprint for your experiments.

You can see how to get the face textures in other threads around here.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:28 PM
Nice
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:00 PM
Yeah, i did use a face as a blue print. There was no way i was going to blindly look around for lips. That would've been to much of a headache! lol (I've attached it to this post, just in case anyone else wants to use it.)

I've figured out how to be able to let the user define the color on custom textures, but I'm still testing, and tweaking. ^_^
Yay. This was the first lipstick. Although, my full custom texture did not show up (it was way more detailed with highlights and such), you can choose whatever color you'd like. So, it's a set forward.
You just have to mess with the RGB channels.

Attached files:
File Type: rar  face.rar (240.9 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Face texture
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:38 PM
Nice work.

I think you should be able to separate this into three channels for extended color-customization ingame.

R channel - the basic lip color
G channel - an inner lip hightlight
B channel - a lip outline

happy simming,
Xanathon

Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:59 PM
It depend which lipstick you're using.
IG only the last lipstinck has 3 part that can be recolored, the first two have only one part (and I hate those lipstick, so artificial, hiiik)
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:55 PM
That's not a lipstick texture. That's a full face mask, but i've edited it to be used as lipstick.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miniie
That's not a lipstick texture. That's a full face mask, but i've edited it to be used as lipstick.

Yes, I understood that. My remark is still valid, you ARE able to use it the way I suggested.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Miniie : 15th Jul 2009 at 7:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
Yes, I understood that. My remark is still valid, you ARE able to use it the way I suggested.

lol Sorry, i meant that comment to piti_ange2.

The problem im having is that when in CAS it completely strips the texture off my mask ;-;

It's either be color customizable w/ no texture.. or texture w/ no cutomizable color blah.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it ^_^!
I also had to mess with the specular map to make it shiny when not in CAS . I also have to fix that little bit on under her chin. The It's fully customizable 3 colors.

Thanks for finding this out. It's awesome.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM
Ok, I've done everything I guess, changed both files, mask and face overlay, commited, did everything right in photoshop, saved the file as a pack, puted the file in the mods/package directory, and it still doesn't show up...any help?

ps. I get this message everytime I go to the "save as" with CTU, I hit continue, but that might be the problem...or not?

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:47 PM
I usually get that error when i forget to run the CTU as administrator (in Vista). It doesn't let you directly save to the Mods/Packages directory. *rolls eyes.

You can either Save the package to your desktop and put it in yourself the Packages folder yourself, or Start the CTU program again but right click and choose to Run as Administrator.
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
Okay I figured out the eye but not the pupil.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:14 AM Last edited by @Stefan : 16th Jul 2009 at 8:28 AM.
Default hey
Quote: Originally posted by Miniie
I usually get that error when i forget to run the CTU as administrator (in Vista). It doesn't let you directly save to the Mods/Packages directory. *rolls eyes.

You can either Save the package to your desktop and put it in yourself the Packages folder yourself, or Start the CTU program again but right click and choose to Run as Administrator.

*EDIT*

I've red in the CTU post py Delphy, that I need to reinstall (if I have it) or install .NET framework 3.5...I am not sure if I have updated it, so I will try that...if it works, I'll let you know...people learn from other's mistakes XD

The worst thing is, that I've done the -copy from a desktop- thing at the first place...but when I want to run as another user, I have a problem since my account is admin, and when I try to change the account to the admin it is not possible, since I don't have a password and I can't leave a blank field...also I thought about unchecking that -protect data, blah- box, but everythime when I do that, it shows up like I've done nothing...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by @Stefan
ps. I get this message everytime I go to the "save as" with CTU, I hit continue, but that might be the problem...or not?

You should post that problem in the CTU betatest thread

happy simming,
Xanathon

Field Researcher
#49 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:42 AM
Problem solved... .NET framework 3.5, oh and thanks xanathon for this thread, all the advices from the people here helped me so much (((:
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 5:54 AM
Hey there, Xanathon.
I attempted to make some eyes for a sim today, but I've gotten confused in your previous posts.

The problem i'm having is that when i apply the texture, in-game it shows up barely visible. I'm not sure what you meant by putting the mask as black and the texture in overlay to have a solid texture? I might have misinterpreted it, because when i did that, and i went in game.. His face was black LOL.

What i have been doing before is, i put the eye down by where yo showed us. I used an eye .dds as a guide so i'm 100% sure it's in the right spot. In the overlay, i edited the alpha to only show the eye. (painted that part white.) but the whole overlay it's self with all RGB channels on is white.

My texture is applied to the mask, and i didn't really mess with the RGB. It does have an "Alpha 1" that is all white.

So my questions are:
1. Which .dds am i supposed to apply my texture to so that it will show up solid in game?
2. Put what to black to get rid of pupils?
3.Is there anything that i should do additional to the overlay?
4. If i do these things, are they still able to be customized?

Thanks in advance!
(By the way, i uploaded my lip glosses, and i gave you credit! This was really a great idea.)
Page 2 of 4