Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATE] 10 new CAS Sliders (Breast, Hip, Waist, Butt, Head and more)

by jonha Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2012 at 10:45 PM by jonha : Update

2090 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1651 Feedback Posts, 438 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 84
Test Subject
#526 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Do not use it with the wrong version. Even if it doesn't crash at at startup (which is very unlikely) it will almost for sure result in general game instability and other issues.

As with the last patch, you will probably need to wait for the weekend for an updated version. Or maybe tomorrow.

If you really need this mod I would suggest waiting before updating. The issues fixed in the last 2 patches don't look very major.

Hey!

Well, I'm a little wary of downloading this at the moment because I don't want it to crash my game. I've updated up to 1.10. Will I be able to use this?

Thanks!

PS: Great work!
Test Subject
#527 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 5:08 AM
im wondering why i cant use any version that you uploaded. so first, i tried the 1.8.25-2.3.33 version, and the game shuts down after the opening the sims 3 movie, and same thing happened when i replaced the 1.8.25-2.3.33 version with the 1.9.22-2.4.7-3.0 version.

i've also got the d3dx9_31.dll in my game directory already. i've just installed the sims 3 on my computer, and there's absolutely no other mods in the packages folder. i dont know what to do please help me by the way, my sims 3 game version is 1.0.615.00107

thanks before
Test Subject
#528 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 6:01 AM
I downloaded this and followed the instructions, I don't know what's wrong but it's not working, not even showing up.
Test Subject
#529 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VinnyHolly
I downloaded this and followed the instructions, I don't know what's wrong but it's not working, not even showing up.

do you use 1.10? or WA 2.5?
with the new patches from tuesday, it isn't working - atm
Scholar
Original Poster
#530 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 3:17 PM
People - please read the faq.

The sliders still work with the current version. But the hack doesn't. If you update the game, you have to remove the old SliderHack. And no, don't try to use the old sliderhack versions with incompatible games. They will not work. They will crash your game. I know that they will not work. They can't work. Trying it won't help me and it won't help you. It will only kill your game. Period.

And no, if you have Awesomemod, don't install the sliderhack, Awesomemod has it included and will conflict with my hack.
Instructor
#531 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 10:26 PM Last edited by goderguy : 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:01 AM.
I installed this and it works so well! Thank you so much - it's nice to create Sims with variety. One comment though - I forgot to not install all sliders and so I have the calf one as well as all others, and nothing happened - I can use all sliders with no seen issues. Should I delete it just in case?

goderguy
Test Subject
#532 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ree_chan
im wondering why i cant use any version that you uploaded. so first, i tried the 1.8.25-2.3.33 version, and the game shuts down after the opening the sims 3 movie, and same thing happened when i replaced the 1.8.25-2.3.33 version with the 1.9.22-2.4.7-3.0 version.

i've also got the d3dx9_31.dll in my game directory already. i've just installed the sims 3 on my computer, and there's absolutely no other mods in the packages folder. i dont know what to do please help me

Quoted for relevance. My issue is mostly the same except I have a lot of objects (but no other core mods). I have version 1.8TS3 and 2.4WA of the game, without HELS.

I have no idea wtf to do and I don't want to install Awesomemod since I'M SCARED OF CHANGE
Test Subject
#533 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Sharde141 : 12th Feb 2010 at 5:39 AM.
I was wondering if the sliders cause any performance problems such as slowing down the game or downgrading the graphics?

The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#534 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zyymurgy
Quoted for relevance. My issue is mostly the same except I have a lot of objects (but no other core mods). I have version 1.8TS3 and 2.4WA of the game, without HELS.

I have no idea wtf to do and I don't want to install Awesomemod since I'M SCARED OF CHANGE

As already said, make sure the dll file is in the world adventures\game\bin, not only in the basegame directory. If it still doesn't work, no idea. Some people report that it just doesn't work while I of course can't really debug the problem because I'm not at these computers. I can only say, that it works fine for most people.

Quote: Originally posted by Sharde141
I was wondering if the sliders cause any performance problems such as slowing down the game or downgrading the graphics?

No. While in CAS the game may need a few Megabytes more RAM, but there should be real influence.
Test Subject
#535 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:21 AM Last edited by freakdi : 13th Feb 2010 at 1:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HPLA
I have tried, and tried to get 'em to work, but no, ( maybe I did something wrong ), am I to put them in c:/programfiles/electronic arts/ The Sims 3 folder, or in the my documents folder, and before you say anything, yes, I tried both, :S, or is there more I have to install to get 'em to work properly?

Having a similar problem. I unrar'd the sliders, tried to extract the packages to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Mods\Packages as the default install instructions indicated.. (btw, I had to create the Mods\Packages folders, they were not there already.) A Windows error message popped up basically forbidding me to extract anything. It said I don't have permission to add files in this directory and I must do it from my User directory (I have Vista).

EDIT: Nevermind! Just read the install FAQ.. gotta download framework apparently.
Test Subject
#536 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 8:25 AM
the sliders dont show up
Test Subject
#537 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 3:49 PM
I tried everything but package not working.

Sims 3 : v1.9
Sims 3-WA: 2.4
Sims 3-HELS: 3.x

i tried all thing but no way, how to install it? Please help.
Test Subject
#538 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fitz08
do you use 1.10? or WA 2.5?
with the new patches from tuesday, it isn't working - atm

It still works with 1.10, just that it has the slider limit, so you won't be getting the complete use of it. Hope a hack for 1.10 comes out soon. I like this a lot.
Test Subject
#539 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 1:30 AM
I apologize, I bought HEL, and downloaded your updated version, but, it now says my game version is 3.1.7.004017. I tried it and does not work. Does there need to be another update?
Scholar
Original Poster
#540 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie
I apologize, I bought HEL, and downloaded your updated version, but, it now says my game version is 3.1.7.004017. I tried it and does not work. Does there need to be another update?

Yes of course. The latest version of the Sliderhack is for the un-updated version of HELS, version 3.0. For 3.1 you will need another update I will possibly upload today.
Test Subject
#541 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 2:01 PM
Thank you, I'm sure these updates are keeping you busy.
Test Subject
#542 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 3:25 PM
do i install it as a hack?
Lab Assistant
#543 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 4:15 PM
@Jonha: Will ya PLEASE update the sliders to 3.1 and 2.5 (for WA)?
Test Subject
#544 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 8:13 PM
When i double click it , it says access is denied!? can anyone help
Scholar
Original Poster
#545 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordoosims
@Jonha: Will ya PLEASE update the sliders to 3.1 and 2.5 (for WA)?

Yes, I will, but I have to work during the week and even on the weekends there are other things that are more important and more fun. So please understand that it could take another day or two. I'm doing this for free and I personally really don't need it myself as I use awesomemod most of the time. This means I'm creating the sliderhack only for you and harassing me is not a nice way to appreciate that.

Quote: Originally posted by xxgaylexx
When i double click it , it says access is denied!? can anyone help

Who told you to doubleclick what?
Field Researcher
#546 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 12:39 AM
i love this.. but i have a Q, about the Jonha_SliderHack,
i know you said the game default is 20, and this adds to it.
but how many more slider slots dose this mod give us,
I'm just curious whats the max?

sorry if this has been asked, but i missed it.
Test Subject
#547 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 12:47 AM
thank u 4 this download! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#548 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 12:47 PM Last edited by jonha : 15th Feb 2010 at 1:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by crazzyferret
i know you said the game default is 20, and this adds to it.
but how many more slider slots dose this mod give us,
I'm just curious whats the max?

The limit is now at 100 which should be way more than enough to install all currently available sliders. When there will me more sliderd available I may increase the value further.

Edit: OK, version for 1.10 is up.
Test Subject
#549 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 3:42 PM
So, why not copy them all and make each a different version in every section of the sliders?

I mean, like the breast slider, it is actually very possible to copy the slider to the head section. I mean, there could be 4 versions of the slider, one goes to Head & Ears, the other goes to Eyes, and the rest go to Nose and Mouth. If that happens, the total limit of how many sliders to install will be greatly increased, from mere 7 to 15, and we can mix and match sliders and find where to go to.

The sliders are good and many thanks. Hope it could do better though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#550 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dk4ofjoshuayhyu
So, why not copy them all and make each a different version in every section of the sliders?

Because that is way to much work for me. Feel free to edit the package yourself.

On a long term solution, I plan to add another section to the CAS UI like here:

But as written in the beta thread, I didn't managed to finish this.
Page 22 of 84