Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#351 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:30 PM
Great lot Cat, love the backstory.

PP, these contests are always tough.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
#352 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 2:03 AM
Some really creative floorplans you guys are coming up with here, I can tell this is going to be quite a close call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#353 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 3:05 AM
It won't be easy to judge, good luck! I've only judged once and it gave me a whole new perspective over how hard it is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#354 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 5:06 AM
CA Construction's Residential Shack is a single-level 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home, perfect for minimalist living on a budget. The open layout includes a kitchen, dining, and sitting area, with large windows letting in plenty of light. A covered, wrap-around porch encompasses three sides of the structure, and a spacious yard has potential for buyers to personalize the lot's landscaping.

Cost: §15,793.

Mad Poster
#355 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:33 AM
Sorry, internet is not behaving well this morning.

I can envision the neighbourhood! The mayor will move into Jo's house and he will be the only one who actually has water. A very arty Sim will live in Cat's, inspired by living in the old toilet block. Some hippies will love Karen's colourful house and they will buy weed from the criminal in Amura's house, who will use the backyard for "farming" and hide his stash away in his underground bedroom. The procreating poor will stuff beds and cribs in the space in the other houses and build outhouses from scrap in the big backyards for extra space.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#356 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 9:05 AM
Lol jestpetro.

caitawesome, I am wondering if a see something that is cc in yours as well. The painting on the wall.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#357 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 2:03 PM
The painting looks back to front to me, with something else on the top of it.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#358 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 4:18 PM
Default Base game bedding (for UC users)
For Justpetro and other people trying to limit themselves to base game stuff while using the Ultimate Collection, here are the bedding thumbnails I get in my AGS base game:

As it is hard to tell the darker beddings apart from the thumbnails, here they are larger:

Please let me know if anything isn't clear.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#359 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 4:27 PM
Thank you, Andrew Replacing my bedding tonight! I really appreciate this.
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 4:48 PM
Karen guessed right -- the painting is a reversed Gear-ffiti Painting by You Got Muscle, with a reversed Revolutionary Rebellion Poster and The Monster Under My Bed on top of it.
Mad Poster
#361 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:54 PM
I almost used the banana-palm - but I was worried it might've come from the Castaway Stuffeths...
@caitawesome - which EP/SP is it from? I'd wish I'd used it now.
Oh - and what is the red/orange/blue thingie in the middle of the kitchen wall (in the overhead shot?)

ETA: @Justpetro - Your bedding is BG, it's the 2nd one in Andrew's thumbnails (Unless, maybe you've already swapped it out?)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#362 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 26th Jan 2016 at 7:10 PM. Reason: add something
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I almost used the banana-palm - but I was worried it might've come from the Castaway Stuffeths...
Oh - and what is the red/orange/blue thingie in the middle of the kitchen wall (in the overhead shot?)

ETA: @Justpetro - Your bedding is BG, it's the 2nd one in Andrew's thumbnails (Unless, maybe you've already swapped it out?)

Thanks, Cat I already swapped it out. The banana palm is definitely not Castaway, though I do not know from which EP.
Theorist
#363 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:41 PM
Default Shotgun Shack
Our Shotgun Shack is full of character and sure to please handy home buyers. The rustic home features a desirable open concept floor plan that leads off to two cozy bedrooms and a bath. Top of the line SimSafety burglar and fire alarms come fully installed -- a must for this up and coming neighborhood.

The low maintenance yard leaves plenty of time to enjoy the outdoor seating area and firepit. Bonus temporary water feature in the front!

Finishing touches are needed but savvy buyers will appreciate the possibilities.

Priced to Sell: §14,995

No CC.
Scholar
#364 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:50 PM
Honeywell, that really is a shack!
Impressive work!!

@Justpetro:
How did you know that I was planning the inhabitants to plant some... vegetables?
If I had a larger budget for this project I would probably have included a vegetable garden indeed, because my poorest Sims like planting their own produce.
Whatever they decide to plant, well, that's none of my business.
Mad Poster
#365 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 8:03 PM
Honeywell, that is excellent! I want it For my "upcoming" neighbourhood!
Mad Poster
#366 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 8:13 PM
@Honeywell - OMG! That is one trashed shack! Love it ...and the firepit out back is excellent - with the grodie old chair and everything. LOL!
Isn't that dining table an endtable? Will they eat at that? (I don't know - I hardly ever 'play', and haven't tried that yet?) That's a great idea!

ETA - Does the Hotel/Apt door work for a regular house too? ...I really need to 'play' more *sigh*

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#367 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 10:37 PM
Thanks you guys.

@Justpetro when the contest is over I'll bundle up my entries and upload them all together -- whether they should be shared or not. @CatherineTCJD the dining table and chairs are not functional; the doors are!
Mad Poster
#368 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 10:51 PM
Sims do not chairs or tables to eat anyway
Mad Poster
#369 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:26 PM
Oh, OK. Thanks!
...the few sims I've had eat a meal, they sat at a table w/chairs. But, I prolly told them to *shrugs*
Good to know about the doors! I just assumed (and, yes, I know what that does...) that they generated the landlord or some other such nonsense. Good info, this

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#370 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:30 PM

I think the banana palm's from Bon Voyage. Not quite sure since I have the UC, but I know it's not Castaway stuff since I don't have Castaway.
The red/orange/blue thing is the cereal box decor, turned sideways so it looks a bit different.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#371 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:08 AM
Very clever with the painting Cait, I did wonder if it was something turned around but could not figure it out, no wonder you used three!

Love your shack HW!

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#372 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 4:09 AM
Oh, OK. Thanks!
...the few sims I've had eat a meal, they sat at a table w/chairs. But, I prolly told them to *shrugs*
Good to know about the doors! I just assumed (and, yes, I know what that does...) that they generated the landlord or some other such nonsense. Good info, this

Well definitely don't look towards my houses in this contest to figure anything out. Our builds don't need to be functional so creative use of any and everything is fair game in order to get the look I'm trying to achieve, IMO.
Scholar
Original Poster
#373 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 4:23 AM
Although, if you do plan on uploading your properties in the future after the contest is over, you may want to make them functional. Or maybe you can do that after the contest instead.
Mad Poster
#374 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:02 AM
I would really like Honeywell's house as it is - it does not need to be functional, just sit there looking awesome between the mayor and the criminal's house
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#375 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 1:43 PM
I plan on uploading mine. I'll probably adapt some of them because, for example, Round 1 has a large and empty garden, which will need to be shrunk or filled prior to upload.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!

Page 15 of 50