Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#201 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:40 AM
Aww shame, I was wondering if you might be along, I think you would like this.

... Although on the other hand you would wipe the floor with all of us.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 1:00 AM
D'aaw... I'm flattered!

(And kind of amused that you think I can make lots of the standard I usually upload with the time constraints of a contest! My last upload is something I'd had in the pipeline for about 18 months!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#203 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 1:11 AM
I would be hugely interested to see what you would come up with. These lots are not going to be large or fancy. Notice I did steal your small dresser becomes cardboard box idea lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#204 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:01 PM
20 hours left - anyone else gonna join us?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#205 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:23 PM
I'm glad you posted, I kept looking here and seeing myself as the last poster. Oops now I've done it again though, haven't I?

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#206 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:22 AM
I still need to edit my images, ooher!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#207 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:10 AM
Okay here goes nothing...I'm jumping into this contest. I almost changed my mind but a Sim I've been playing recently has convinced me this is something I needed to do.

"A warm hearth and a roof over your head."
That is the mission statement of the Winters Building Group and the promise Henry Winters made to his family after surviving a traumatic camping trip. As representative of the company I submit our humble office for application. Thank you.

Construction Office: $19,110

(I'm new to doing screenshots. I will get better.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#208 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 10:35 AM
Horay a new entry. I love your house facade, what a great idea!

Karen I hope you get yours in, you can do it!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#209 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 11:18 AM
MOAR people for the party!
Mad Poster
#210 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 2:45 PM
Welcome to the party Lehcar99!

For the sake of completeness I give below a little picture of my lot as it appears in my full game, after correcting the price of the two Moneywell computers by replacing the depreciated ones with new ones. As you can see it's still ยง119 less than the price shown in my entry post, but for reasons explained there, I think the higher price (in my AGS base game) is the correct one.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#211 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Horay a new entry. I love your house facade, what a great idea!

Thank you. I wasn't happy with the building at first, and then the idea just hit me two days ago and I rebuilt. I'm glad you like it.
Mad Poster
#212 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lehcar99
I wasn't happy...

I love the 'facade' idea - what a great way to advertise what you can do
As for taking pictures - we'll help you with any questions you have; either post here in the thread, or pm one of us.

I'm so glad you decided to join us Welcome!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#213 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:40 PM
Phew editing completed!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#214 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 12:49 AM
Glad to have you aboard Lehcar99. Your entry will be added.

The Application Round is closed. The directors will deliberate. Scores will be posted in 5 to 7 days from now.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#215 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:55 AM
When are we getting the next round?

Scholar
#216 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 3:28 PM
I'm also excited about the next round!!
Looking forward it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#217 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 5:35 PM
The next round will be released a day or less after all the scoring has been tallied for the Application Round. When the first Town Contract is released, the build time will be a maximum of 10 days. I will not provide any hints or ideas of what will be involved.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#218 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:27 PM
Karen, where is your entry?

Also wow that is not a lot of time.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#219 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:05 PM
Karen's entry is second to last ["Integrity Building Company"]. Click the green arrow in the 3rd post (2nd reply) of this thread next to that company logo.
Alchemist
#220 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 9:34 AM
10 days is plenty of time, but why not post the round now d, so we can all get started while judging is happening, then theres more of a 'flow' happening instead of alot of stopping and starting and it wouldnt drag out as long

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#221 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 10:37 AM
May I just make a little plea for JustJones, that she doesn't get disqualified for including Sims in her pictures, as I don't think it was quite clear at the time she submitted her entry. At the time I thought the only reason for excluding Sims was so that they didn't depreciate the lot value. d_dgjdhh, might you just ask the judges to ignore her Sims? I can't speak for the other contestants, but I think it would be a shame for one of our little group to have to drop out for what I'm sure was only a misunderstanding. I even toyed with the idea of adding a picture with Sims myself, but I thought they would also have to be CC-free, and while Andrew has Maxis clothes in his wardrobe he could wear, I'm afraid that Julian, placid and mild-mannered though he usually is, would throw the mother and father of all teenage tantrums, if I tried to cut off his CC Hanui hair!

I wonder what other contestants think.

As for the next round, I'm looking forward to it with a bit of excitement and not a little trepidation. Wondering just what I've let myself in for.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#222 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:35 AM
I agree, Andrew - and continue tending the juice bar
Scholar
Original Poster
#223 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
10 days is plenty of time, but why not post the round now d, so we can all get started while judging is happening, then theres more of a 'flow' happening instead of alot of stopping and starting and it wouldnt drag out as long
There's a reason for waiting for the next round. It may not be immediate, but it may be important.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
May I just make a little plea for JustJones, that she doesn't get disqualified for including Sims in her pictures, as I don't think it was quite clear at the time she submitted her entry. At the time I thought the only reason for excluding Sims was so that they didn't depreciate the lot value. d_dgjdhh, might you just ask the judges to ignore her Sims?[...]
I understand the concern, and I would also agree that it wasn't part of the rules to to not include Sims in the pictures at first. I've discussed with the Directors what to do in this case. We'll see how this develops.
Theorist
#224 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 5:49 PM
I would be fine if there weren't any penalties given at all for the application round considering we were hammering out the finer points of the rules while the round was in progress. The starting budgets are going to come as a shock or seem like a punishment already I think.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#225 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:03 PM
I was confused over this entry round. I didn't realize the application round was being judged, I thought it was for getting a spot in the contest. I would have spent a whole lot more time and done a proper building.

~Call me Jo~

Page 9 of 50