Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:07 AM
Default How to make half walls in TS3???
I have looked everywhere on this forum and I can't find the tutorial about making half walls on TS3! If someone could either tell me how, or just give me a link to the tutorial, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:35 AM
There's not a really good way to make half walls, unfortunately. You can use dummy levels, same way as TS2:

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...alls/index.html

... but that's about the only way right now, besides just using fences.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 11:17 AM
man that's a lot of work, and that usually means I'll most likely mess something up, not on purpose though...but I suppose I'll give it a try and see what comes of it...Thank you very much for posting that link, it should prove to be very helpful...
Typical
#4 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:52 PM
You can make a wall the same height as decking.
Simply make the wall that you want to be a half wall. Enter the cheat 'constrainFloorElevation false' (without the ''). Then place some decking next to the wall, but 1 tile away. Enter the cheat 'constrainFloorElevation true' (without the '') or press up once and change the false to true. Delete the decking and voila! A wall the height of decking!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:06 PM
lewjen, I think you missed a step in there: leveling the wall after using constrainFloorElevation false
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:57 PM
When your desired half wall is inside a building, doesn't touch an outside wall, and has a roof overhead, you could also build a small shed roof and use the roof wall of that as your "half wall". You'd need to test, though, whether sims can access the tiles underneath/near that roof – I've only done this in TS2, didn't try it in TS3 so far (not in a liveable area at least).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Typical
#7 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by supertoast
lewjen, I think you missed a step in there: leveling the wall after using constrainFloorElevation false

You don't have to do that, as when you place the decking, it levels *all* of the wall
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
You can make a wall the same height as decking.

i know this is a very old post, but thank you. thank you. thank you.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 9:04 AM
We're all very old here.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )