Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2021 at 3:03 AM
Default Issue with apartments (0 apartments available)
I have tried to build an apartment. I am sure I have done this before, but i do not recall having these issues.. The issue i am having is after changing the lot in to an apartment lot everything goes as it should but once i click on the apt from town view for move in it says there are 0 apartments available.

I made sure i had the correct doors..
made sure all the mats faced outside..
tried eliminating the balcony doors
tried having only one way to the unit doors
I made sure the "required" living amenities were placed.
I have tried to remove cc
I have cleared cache
i have tried placing the lot in another zone in case the area i was originally trying to put it in might have been corrupted somewhere.
I feel i have tried everything short from reinstalling this game.

I have looked around the internet for hours and I just can not find anyone who knows wt-hecky is going on here.. It appears to be an apt building from the outside in townview but dispite whatever i do, i can not seem to get it to notice that it is indeed an apartment building with units available..

Edit: I should probably add that it also has no rent price estimation either.. It says rent is 0 .

Here are some images of my building for reference.

front
back
left side
right side
lower level garages
main level larger units
second level bedrooms to larger units
third level tiny units
Roof Top Communal area
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th May 2021 at 5:24 AM
@Jijipoid - Sorry hun this might be a silly question. Do you have the apartment life mailbox?

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2021 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@Jijipoid - Sorry hun this might be a silly question. Do you have the apartment life mailbox?

Yes when i changed the lot in to an apartment base it did change in to an apartment mailbox. I have the Ultimate Collection so I don't know if perhaps that has something to do with it.. I actually own all the expansions in dvd format, but since the UC came out i usually simply just download and install the game from origin for simplicity sake, that and it is a lot quicker just using the uc. Other wise i am really at a loss as to why this isn't working
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 20th May 2021 at 7:29 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2021 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you try on a new lot and place four walls and the apartment door, will it rezone and be rent able?

Tried that i made a test building that had 3 floors of just rooms with basic amenities and paths to get to them all .. there should have been 0 pathing issues as it was very basic... I tried using stairs instead of elevators since i noticed maxis apartments appeared to use mostly stairs.. And just now just to make sure the game wasn't just having issues with multiple floors I did it again with just one floor divided up in to 3 apartments.. just walls nothing else.. it still says the same stuff about there being 0 units and $0 to $0 in rent
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 21st May 2021 at 11:41 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st May 2021 at 6:46 PM
Sounds like you have a mod conflict. I think it has to do with halved apartment rent by kestrylln and another.

as i stated in the first post i have tried doing this without any mods installed.. I removed my entire downloads folder cleared cache and reloaded the game and tried converting to apartmentbase once again.

and i do not have the halved rent mod anyway. The only mods I have in my game anyway that change things in the game are visual overhaul mods to make the world look a bit nicer, faster homework, clean ui dark, SimBlender, lower wages, and computer banking that puts bank accounts in to the game. I have 0 mods that tinker with rent or housing prices. I actually like my game to be a bit harder to play when it comes to gaining wealth. So that would be counter productive imo. lol

I am starting to think this might have something to do with the free UC from origin for some reason.. that is the only thing that i can think of. I might just go through the process of hooking up the external dvdrw and installing all my disks doing things the og way and see if there is any difference.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2021 at 4:29 AM
Just what to post an update.. The ultimate collection from origin is INDEED the problem here. The full set original version works just fine. >.>. So in case someone is having this issue like i am.. it very much could be the origin version of the ultimate collection. If you get the original DVD non origin version of UC or the full set of DVDs it should work fine.. I am also quite sure it would also work fine not having a full set so long as you have apartment life.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#9 Old 22nd May 2021 at 5:32 AM
I have the UC from Origin and do not have the problem, so it can't be that.  Otherwise apartments in my game would not work, nor for many other creators/players.  Perhaps it was an install issue, sometimes games from Origin can be finicky.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd May 2021 at 5:48 AM
I have the UC from Origin and do not have the problem, so it can't be that.  Otherwise apartments in my game would not work, nor for many other creators/players.  Perhaps it was an install issue, sometimes games from Origin can be finicky.

hmm perhaps that could be the case. regardless i do appreciate the attempts to help me out though.