Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#276 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 5:25 AM
You didn't fix integrity on your mesh.

You'll need to go back to that step and do it properly, save out a new modified shape and cres.

Make a NEW recolor. Link your modified shape and cres to it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:31 AM
i am totally exhausted by trying to find a free 3d mesh editing program. progamming is much easier than this! keep up the good work, tig!

the llamas will overcome when the man-eating ducks which are spawned in hell are released upon the world. the guardians of cheese will fall and amongst the chaos there will only be one surviving person:
Me, the TURKMINATOR...
Test Subject
#278 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:24 PM
Hi! It took me ages to find this page again, but i'm sure its worth it to stop you getting the dreaded trojan!!!

On Milkshape3D which i downloaded as instructed by you (although it was only the trial version!) and a few weeks later (today) my virus scanner came up saying the uninstall thingy had a TROJAN on it!!! It was the first thing i had downleaded in ages without checking it wasn't infected and it just happens to be! (Grr...) and loads of other things have got Trojan on as well, but i'm sorting it all, so don't worry!

I'm not blaming you (Tig) for this, as you didn't know!! lol, i'm just telling people to check it first, it may not even have COME from milkshape, but i thought i'd best tell you guys, just in case it did!!

Cazzi
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#279 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:31 PM
There's at least one program that alerts for virii on Milkshape - it's not actually on there, your program is just detecting it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#280 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:27 AM
I finally did everything right with this tutorial (I kept getting an error message at step 30 which I now realize is from not having everything installed properly). I was so proud of myself. I went to save my mesh and it wouldn't let me save. My trial version expired while I was working. I would just go ahead and register but it's almost Christmas and so I am virtually broke. I guess I will wait. Oh well. Thank you so much for this tutorial.
Test Subject
#281 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 6:48 PM
Default Thanx! :p xx
Thanks for this excellent post (even though my first mesh turned out like a blob :P) it is extremley useful and the first decent meshing tutorial i have found.
Test Subject
#282 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:44 PM
i accidently (no idea how) exited the top right hand box and now i cannot for the life of me get it back. its really frustrating. how do i reopen it?
Field Researcher
#283 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:08 AM Last edited by MissSimGameFan : 30th Dec 2006 at 6:16 AM.
Quote:
49) Click on ‘Load Sims 2 Mesh’ and then find the original gmdc file you had saved, long ago at the beginning. You might need to change the filetype from ‘simpe’ to ‘5gd’ so you can load it. It will have a long funky name, like AC4F8687-1356E054-1C0532FA-FF300D1E.5gd. It will be the only 5gd file you have in your working folder.

Everytime I try to load the file, I only see two files there, the 'midifiedcres' and 'modifiedshape' I get an error. And when I try to open the OBJ file it just says "Finished Reading obj file. Number of models: 1."

*Edit*
I shorta found it...(??)
But is it supposed to look like this!?
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#284 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:45 PM
Back at the beginning, did you find the pieces by hand and save them out, or did you use Inge and Peter's tool as a shortcut. If you did that, you needed to save the gmdc from your meshfile by hand to your projects folder (which, btw, I'd never name 'temp project' - because it's useful to be able to grab the mesh parts for other projects w/o starting over again)

Also I assume you are _moving_ vertices only in your modifications? Because this tool is for very limited edits only.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Field Researcher
#285 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 10:58 PM
Yes, I did find them and extract them like you said in the tutorial.

And by project folder, did you mean the one from the game, or the new one you make on your desktop?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#286 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 1:06 AM
You should have saved those 4 pieces and your modified shape and cres into that same project folder that you made. Go look in it with windows, you know the normal way. Are your files in there? You should have 4 randomly named files with different extensions, actually 8 of them.... and your modified shape and cres.

Test Subject
#287 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 5:22 AM
Thanks You very much for your hard work making this for all of us
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 5:25 AM
Will Blender work, or does it change the order of the vertices
retired moderator
#289 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:46 AM
Blender will work with Meshtool, but you have to do some additional steps. Follow these instructions: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=146551

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#290 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 2:22 AM
Default How to get the full sims 2 body mesh?
Hi! How do I get the full body parts of a sim? like the head, eyes, hair ....
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#291 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 6:26 AM
Anonymous Kimchi

For what purpose. You can't easily edit faces and get them back into the game. Bodies and hair are separate (and if you read the article in the info center about meshes, etc, I would have thought you'd understood that) Eyes aren't something we've ever edited directly either, no one has bothered to even try, being as faces are really only meant to be edited using bodyshop or CAS.

Test Subject
#292 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 9:53 AM
Than how did the others create their own sims like these?

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...s2/sims/female/
Test Subject
#293 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 12:22 PM
Urgh. Somethings gone wrong somewhere along the line and i dont know what, i edited a childs formal dress and put it in everyday and formal, and in everyday its a different outfit, and in formal its completely unchanged. help!
retired moderator
#294 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 12:41 PM
Anonymous_Kimchi - Those are a combination of skintones, makeup, hair, and clothing. I can almost guarantee you nobody there has done 3d editing to make those faces and such - just sat for hours in Body Shop tweaking and fiddling. Most of those really striking sims there like the Charlie's Angels and the Jessica Simpson are almost all skintone/texturing - if you take off all their content they wouldn't be near so interesing looking.

moonstarxxx - Well, if you're just trying to do the mesh to begin with, don't mess with its categories when you do the basic one. Just put it in everyday and when you're done you can categorize your recolours.

Without being able to look over your shoulder as you worked I'm not really sure what you did wrong - being two different outfits is awfully weird. You might just start over - new recolour package, new mesh package, try using your existing edit, and see if that helps.

Test Subject
#295 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:31 AM Last edited by paddylocks : 16th Jan 2007 at 7:32 AM. Reason: spelt wrong lol
Default i don't know what to do
i don't know what i am supposed to put in to the search bar 10) Click on the ‘Finder’ tab again, and look for Sims04.package, and find the Geometric Node: afbodydresslongloose _tslocator_gmnd. Double click on it. Thanks heaps if you can help me :D
Test Subject
#296 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:17 PM
Default Updated tutorial?
Is there an updated Tutorial using SimPE 0.60.2 for meshing. The Tutorial Screenshots are different than those on 60.2. I can get as far as step 8 and Resource finder keeps coming up empty. I have started over three times already and am having the same problem. Help is great apprieciated. Thanks
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#297 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:39 AM
If your resource finder is coming up empty, your SimPE is having a problem finding all your sims folders. It happened to me also. Make sure you have the latest simpe. I can't look up details, but you need to check in the preferences or settings and see if the list of all your sims directories is showing up. They had a problem with one of the recent versions. Also check at the SimPE site.

Test Subject
#298 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:49 AM
hey, umm this tutorial was very good. i like it alot. =) but i've only done the first part of it with the Sims EP. and haven't actually got to the editing yet. The problem is, when i try to check if my mesh it there in the Body Shop, whenever i click on the formal button, the program stops responding. it works on everyday outfits and all that but everytime i try to see if my mesh is there, it was freeze. and i've tried it with Build a Sim and even in the game, but it either doesn't respond or crashes. Can someone please help? Thanks! Sorry if this is all so simple for you guys but i'm only a kid and this is my first time ever meshing soo... thanks!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#299 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 7:52 AM
Sounds like something in your files is broken. Delete the mesh file and recolor file in your saved sims folder and try that part over again. (you can probably keep the 4 mesh pieces you found)

Test Subject
#300 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 6:06 AM
please can u help me with my problem it is further up the page
Page 12 of 21