Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 7:11 AM
A shame that picture is gone. I'd loved to have seen it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:38 PM
Mary Munny was asleep (alone for once) with a shower queued up as her first morning activity when the burglar sneaked in, setting off her alarm. She got up, reacted to the alarm, then went straight to the bathroom, the door to which is near the head of the stairs. She reached the bathroom door about the same time the burglar reached the top of the stairs, and he stopped dead with a gasp at the vision of her in her skimpy nightie. He was still gawping (and she was showering) when the cop caught up to him.

Alas, the cop lost the fight, but the burglar had to run away without taking anything, so that's all right. Mary wanted to flirt with the cop, but I wasn't fast enough off the mark. Firemen and cops should hang around longer after they solve your problem so you can ...appreciate...them properly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:19 PM
When my Servo decided that he wanted to go swimming. After that he killed everybody in my family.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Inventor
#204 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:52 PM
Playing the Broke family.

Brandi Broke was pulling an all-nighter in the garden because she had the day off to sleep after the kids went to school. I was determined to get her to a silver gardening badge so she could plant more goodies. My trick is to have them plant a bunch of tomatoes and water, water, water them until they get a bronze badge. Then plant the strawberries and cucumbers. Then water, water, water the tomatoes again until they get to the silver gardening badge and can plant the good stuff for the pepper punch and eggplant juice.

Well, Brandi finally got the silver badge and was busily planting. Everyone else was in bed. When it was about 5:40 in the morning, she was almost done for the night. I decided to check the others to see what needs to meet before they left for school.

Damn! Everyone was up! I put each of them to bed and someone must have gotten up and wakened the others. They had been up for a while because their energy levels were orange. They had all gone to bed after midnight so I knew about how long they had been up. But there wasn't time to get them to sleep before going to school. The youngest, Bonnie Broke, was a child and couldn't drink coffee as I had the others do. Dustin had aged up to an adult a couple days before, but didn't have a job because they are lower class sims and only allowed one working sim in the household. I make him do all the cooking and cleaning and fishing for their food while Brandi works on fulfilling her ltw in law enforcement. Then he will be able to get a job when she quits.

Well, Beau and Bonnie did make it to the school bus. I knew Beau could make it with low energy levels since he was a teen and would be home by 1:00. But Bonnie only got all her other levels up before she dragged herself to the bus with her energy still low.

When Bonnie got home from school, she was about to pass out, so I did the only thing I could do, I fulfilled one of her daily wants to get her to platinum mood and aged her up. Then she got to spend a lot of time drinking espresso that afternoon. And that night she got to water the tomatoes most of the night. Bad behaviors determine their roles in the households in my game. Bonnie is now going to be the main gardener in the family.

I figured that if she wanted to stay up all night like her older siblings, it just made sense to go ahead and age her up so she can drink a lot of espresso and put all her energy to good use.
Instructor
#205 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 10:13 PM
I thought this was pretty funny (sorry the pic is so grainy).

Some custom content was interfering with Death's cowl - so when he and the hula girls showed up for Cassandra Goth's death, they were ready to party:
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 5:24 PM
That's priceless!
Instructor
#207 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 11:52 PM
Yeah, I was a bit surprised. And the Hula Girls are a nice touch . You can't really tell from this shot, but Death doesn't have a brain - the back of his head is completely missing.

The picture isn't there any longer, but I was wondering if that's what happened to Maranatah's Grim.
Forum Resident
#208 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 1:27 AM
My sim's boyfriend and his dog visited for the evening. She made dinner and made sure his dog had a toy, food and a place to sleep. As the evening progressed the two wound up in bed. His dog was nowhere to be found. I thought he would appear when his master started walking home but no...he didn't. I finally got out of the game without saving and never did that again! Strange (and scary!).

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Mad Poster
#209 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 2:38 AM
This goes under Strange.

It's a tale of two 'hoods, Pleasantview and Strangetown.

I had Brandi Broke get remarried to a rich Sim, one with blond hair (and I fixed Brandi's DNA with SimPE so she has a recessive for blond). The daughter she had with him has her black hair. So we have Dustin and Beau who are blonds, and Brendan (Skip's posthumous son) and Roberta with black hair.

Now for the strange part.

In Strangetown--I got General Buzz remarried to a blonde, and I'd also fixed his DNA so he was carrying a recessive for blond (Buck is a blond, makes sense). And they have a daughter. So now we have Tank and Ripp with their father's brown hair, and Buck and his younger half-sister Elizabeth with blond hair!

When I realized the similarities, the Twilight Zone theme started playing in my head....

And for a while it seemed everyone was having twins...now not so much....
Test Subject
#210 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 3:37 AM
yeah a vampire followed me home on the game i was like whoa a vampire and he stayed all night until the sun came creepy but cool
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 4:48 AM
One of my Sims bought the Pinegultcher outdoor table but something happened & it looks like it's tie-dyed pink & purple! I thought it was so cool I kept it. He got his boyfriend to move in with him & then the two of them moved to a bigger Maxis-made house downtown. I put the tie-dyed table in his inventory & it transported OK, with the weird coloration. I was able to clone it with the eyedropper, so they have two of them now. The boyfriend had a huge potted palm in his inventory, which I put in the living room. The top of the palm tree goes through the bedroom ceiling, but doesn't seem to cause any ill effects. They just walk around it.
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:30 AM
sims 3, i forgot how i got this to work but this sim I've been using has gotten her hand permanently stuck to a bowl of spoiled macaroni... i should also mention she is insane and wears orange- the macaroni compliments her kookiness. I've tried many cheating and noncheating methods to get it off- nothing seems to be working but I think it's better this way
Test Subject
#213 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 1:00 AM
The strangest thing that ever happened to me in Sims 2, though I also found it pretty funny, happened when I had a CAS Sim go on a date with a townie who I thought would make cute behbehz with her, and they stayed at the girl's house for the date. She ended up getting really low motives after awhile, and autonomously went inside to go to the bathroom and go to bed. Her date was still outside, and I didn't see him for a long while, until all of a sudden a notification thing popped up with him all charred with that sexy lightning hairdo going on, saying "I'm gonna go home, because you obviously don't care about my needs." He'd gotten struck by lightning. xD I have NEVER had that happen to one of my Sims before, let alone a visiting townie. I thought it was hilarious. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#214 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:59 AM
I have a family with divorced parents and two sons who fight with their mother all the time [she was the one who repeatedly cheated on their father]. Apart from seeing one of the sons congratulating his father when the latter took a divorce, the other day I noticed the mother rolling a peculiar wish...

Only that her son, Masaki, is quite old for this. He and his brother have just graduated.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#215 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:30 AM
The hell? That's a WANT? What does it say as a suggestion for how you're supposed to even DO that?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#216 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:38 PM
Maybe it appears under "propose" or "sales" when potential adoptive parents are on the lot? She apparently doesn't want him to be sprayed by a skunk because that would make him less adoptable, too.

Yesterday Mrs. Crumblebottom interrupted a young woman's lunch to scold her for wearing a bathing suit in public. When the young lady stood up and whirled into street clothes, the old bag sat down and started eating her lunch! I think there was an ulterior motive there...The young lady is pregnant and doesn't know it yet, too, so she really needed that burger.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#217 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The hell? That's a WANT? What does it say as a suggestion for how you're supposed to even DO that?

A quick glance at it read something about picking up the phone and call, and bla bla, but honestly I didn't pay much attention. I had locked the want to test it, but a few days later, when I moved them out to build a new house for them, they re-rolled silly wants like buying a fridge or a bookcase and lost it. I'll try to reproduce it, though.

On another note, while I was moving them out and in, the other son, Kurosuke, got a memory of being sprayed by a skunk! I didn't know that skunks can do that while Sims are in... the Sim bin!?!
Mad Poster
#218 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:17 PM
I have never heard of a Sim having a Want to put a kid up for adoption. That IS strange!
Mad Poster
#219 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 7:47 PM
Ashley Pitts-Upsnott has a tendency to spy on the neighbors through his telescope if left to himself. One of them, a high-nice family sim, had come around to berate him when Brittany went into labor. The neighbor runs upstairs to cheer the birth and departs without beating on Ashley. Talk about good timing!

Mad Poster
#220 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 9:35 PM
In my Belladonna Cove, Chastity is honked off at Gabriel for marrying another woman (she moved out). Yet when his wife went into labor, Chastity was there cheering at the new baby (the same baby conceived when she caught them "in the act"--she was in love with him but the feeling was not mutual). Then she was there when the little girl transitioned to child.

Amazing. She stopped swiping papers and kicking over the trash can long enough to be a witness to these events!
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 2:48 AM
My selfsim's daughter (a family sim) got pregnant again right after her first child. When she got out of bed and started having the baby, the maid (male, pink shirt) came dashing in to watch, and all throughout the birth video he stood right behind her, straining when she strained, celebrating when the baby appeared. He was just *so* into it and nobody in the household had ever even talked to him! My laughter barely had time to stop when, after the video, my selfsim entered the room and just did this priceless "Ugh, WHY are you having ANOTHER baby?" gesture.
Mad Poster
#222 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 3:55 AM
I'm not sure why this struck me as so funny, but j'ever have a couple that wanted to woohoo have to shoo somebody away? One of my Simmigrant families has a pair of elders and a pair of adults in two double beds in the same room, and I've been having trouble running the grandpa, who'd gotten deep into the red. So when he came up with the want to ask someone on a date, I seized my opportunity and had him ask his wife out. Sure enough I got them to platinum and wanting to woohoo without much trouble; but the adult couple were asleep in the other bed. I've had college students go right ahead with woohooing in the hot tub when other people were around, and the youngest grandchild had walked by on the way to the bathroom while her grandparents were making out on the couch without disrupting them, so I went for it. They got on the bed, cuddled and kissed, but started waving their free arms (not coming out of the clinch) and yelling at the couple in the other bed when I told them to woohoo. I had to get the adults out of the room before the elders could get it on comfortably. It was one of those adorable animations - and their little voices shooing - I just laughed and laughed.

Test Subject
#223 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:17 AM
this is my funniest although it was completely my fault : one of my romance sims, a townie who i'd made playable, was invited out on a group outing by one of his ladies, they arrived at crypt o' nightclub (i wanted him to meet the high vampire countess)... but after he and his date had got out of the taxi, a couple of his other 'girlfriends' got out too! i thought it might just be a fluke and that his date knew these two others... but they kept coming! eventually when the everyone had got out (sims taxis = the tardis) i was looking at ALL the sims he had ever romanced! somehow the game had chosen to chose sims out of his relationships box instead of hers...

anyways... the funny part is that i completely forgot about all the others and told my sim to kiss 1 of them... cue a massive 'boing' sound and him being slapped about 15 times

i spent the next few days inviting each of them round and apologising... (his LTW was 20 simultaneous lovers)
Mad Poster
#224 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 3:41 AM
I had an airhead moment today.

One of my Sims had her cousin over. Now they're both redheads.

My Sim's toddler daughter influenced this cousin to kiss her father. He pushed her away and I was thinking, "What the hey? That's your wife!"

Then suddenly her cousin was slapping her. Then I realized...I had the toddler Influence the wrong cousin! Oops. I meant for her mommy to kiss her daddy, not her first cousin once removed!

It's a good thing I'd saved the game not too long ago...I backed out without saving as I never intended for this drama to arise!
Mad Poster
#225 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 1:04 AM
This isn't exactly in the game; but when one of the cats gets on the computer table instead of my lap, he tries to catch the musical notes drifting upward from the simulated stereo.

In this life, everything is a cat toy.

Page 9 of 58