Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

VanishingObject Scripts will make your objects invisible!

by Buzzler Posted 11th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2015 at 2:33 PM by Buzzler

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:05 AM
It won't work for me !!! I tried to remove all other mods but the menu doesn't appear, and tried both versions...
Even started a new game, hack free, any idea ?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 8th Nov 2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Going through old posts, removing outdated/borked scripts/objects.
@ll: Added all registers.

@babboo: I probably wasn't clear enough about the nature of this mod. It's not a standalone mod; the vanishing stuff is only available for custom objects which use this mod. Sorry, for the confusion. Try the cloned picnic basket I've used for testing.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:25 PM Last edited by babboo : 14th Jun 2010 at 4:41 PM.
sorry for my stupidity and to have been so lazy that I didn't really read the few posts carefully... Can I hide myself somewhere ?

Can't download the file, can you try and tell if you succeed downloading it ?
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babboo
Can't download the file, can you try and tell if you succeed downloading it ?
The picnic basket? I can download it no problem. And it says 12 downloads, so I don't see how it could be borked.

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
It took 2 hours to finally start downloading, maybe a little MTS problem, thanks
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:16 PM
If you want someone to translate to PT-BR language, I'm free to do it. (:
Very nice job.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:08 PM
This is simply amazing! Thank you for providing all the possibilities this mod offers :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shykary
If you want someone to translate to PT-BR language, I'm free to do it. (:

Translators are always welcome. Please download the vanishings strings txt file from the linked thread.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405996
Only translate the stuff between the <STR></STR> tags, the rest must remain untouched or the translation will be borked. Strings that consist of capitalized words only are for pie menus. Please capitalize every word in the translation, unless it's not that way in your vanilla game.

BTW: Is Brazilian much different from Portuguese?

Scholar
#34 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:11 AM Last edited by Mehrlicht : 16th Jun 2010 at 5:08 PM. Reason: Your Update
Thank you so much for this great mod.

Buzzler,I have to edit this post after seeing- and downloading- your update for builders :lovestruc

You have made me and probably many other builders so happy. I am very grateful.

A huge Thank you !
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Shykary : 17th Jun 2010 at 2:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Translators are always welcome. Please download the vanishings strings txt file from the linked thread.
Only translate the stuff between the <STR></STR> tags, the rest must remain untouched or the translation will be borked. Strings that consist of capitalized words only are for pie menus. Please capitalize every word in the translation, unless it's not that way in your vanilla game.

BTW: Is Brazilian much different from Portuguese?
Well, Brazilian is Portuguese, but there are some differences. It's pretty much the same.
Anyways, what I have to translate is short, I'll try to finish this up today. (:

PS.: Where do I post the translation?

@Edit

I posted the translation in both places. (:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings_PT-BR.txt (1.5 KB, 14 downloads)
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shykary
Well, Brazilian is Portuguese, but there are some differences. It's pretty much the same.
Thanks for the translation. I'm just wondering if I should use the Brazilian Portuguese translation for Portuguese Portuguese, too.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:42 PM
Thanks for the translation. I'm just wondering if I should use the Brazilian Portuguese translation for Portuguese Portuguese, too.
You can use it while a PT-PT user translate it. It's pretty much the same, I can understand what they are saying and they can understand what I'm saying. The usage of the words is different. (:
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 10:42 AM
Sorry I'm late !!!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings FRENCH.txt (1.6 KB, 4 downloads)
Description: new string for new cheat
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 1:17 PM
Shykary and babboo: Thanks again. I've updated the packages and uploaded them. I hope I didn't mess anything up. This localization stuff gets a bit confusing when you make multiple changes at once.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:06 PM
Damn it. I messed up 2 letters on my translate. I already fixed it. Update the mod when you can. (:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  VanishingStrings_PT-BR.txt (1.5 KB, 9 downloads)
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 4:02 PM
If you need, I can translate it into Spanish

Great mod.
Original Poster
#42 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 6:18 PM
@l_varo1: To quote myself:
Only translate the stuff between the <STR></STR> tags, the rest must remain untouched or the translation will be borked. Strings that consist of capitalized words only are for pie menus. In these cases, please capitalize every word in the translation too, unless it's not that way in your vanilla game.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 3:53 PM
When you have time could you please add these:

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.ParkingSpace
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.LargeParkingSpace

Thanks in advance!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:21 AM
@GiveTheNineARide: Added. I am correct that both parking spaces came with the base game, right?

@Sims MX: If you read this: Thanks.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:52 AM
Thank you very much!

The parking space came with the base game.
The large parking space came with Ambitions. It is used for parking the Fire Truck.

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 11:14 AM
oh, an invisible parking lot, great idea!

finally got this working for me too and I've never been happier.
if you find the time, could you please add this one:

BedDoubleBrass

it comes with the base game :3
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 4:29 PM
@GiveTheNineARide: And another fix needed to rip the large parking space out of the patch-independent version. This version stuff is breaking my mind. Serves me well for supporting outdated game versions.

@Nyuuki: Added.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 2:12 AM
@GiveTheNineARide: And another fix needed to rip the large parking space out of the patch-independent version. This version stuff is breaking my mind. Serves me well for supporting outdated game versions.

I will be more informative if I ask for another item to be added in the future. I did not mean to create extra work for you, sorry.

Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:38 AM
@GiveTheNineARide: You don't need to apologize since it was entirely my fault and I didn't mean to imply anything else. I even have completely outdated game libraries in a folder on my drive, but somehow I failed at loading them into Reflector this time.

Telling me whether an object came with the base game release version would be really sweet, though.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:02 AM Last edited by Shykary : 16th Jul 2010 at 6:51 AM.
Could you add the objects from this mod? I would appreciate very much.

@Edit

My mistake. I was doing it wrong. I understood how to do it now. (:
Page 2 of 7