Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 4:35 AM
Default Sims 3 Settings Always Revert
Uh, not sure how this happened? Currently playing TS3 and noticed edge scroll feature is on, aging is disabled and the time has switched to 24 hours, went ahead to settings to change this however edge scrolling is still on even though it is disabled in settings. The time and age goes back to normal but the game does not show the boxes ticked in the settings. I will link a video. https://imgur.com/VnS14C9
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 11:19 PM
apologies for the late response, yeah read only is not ticked either :/
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 4:04 PM
I'm having this problem too! Thought it was my Origin download, but it looks like because my cloud service isn't linked up to the My Documents folder, options.ini isn't updating. Is there any way to create a new local options.ini file?
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
you can just edit the file with notepad. however, i wonder if it is reading it at all.

Nope, can't even open it - says 'the cloud file provider is not running'. Trouble is, if I activate OneDrive it'll immediately flood with my local files and won't even update it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:42 AM
would just like to say i have fixed the game issue.. somehow? reinstalled the whole game but dragged my ts3 folder in documents to my desktop to save all my saves and custom content (i looked for any custom content that could've caused it and had no luck, but now that i've reinstalled the game it's like everything is back to normal) thank you for helping nitromon<3