Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2021 at 10:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't call taxi...wrong menu
I'm playing a downloaded neighborhood, and when my sims go to call a taxi, or I click on them for the 'walk to lot' option, the menu which appears is for throw party! Could this be a cc conflict? I've not looked at other neighbourhoods to see if the problem exists there. Any advice please? My sim now has a toddler and desperately needs to go buy him some new clothes! Lol
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2021 at 11:01 PM
It's probably just something interfering with the dialog strings, probably CC, yes, so you should do a binary search.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th May 2021 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by B17_Fan
I'm playing a downloaded neighborhood, and when my sims go to call a taxi, or I click on them for the 'walk to lot' option, the menu which appears is for throw party! Could this be a cc conflict? I've not looked at other neighbourhoods to see if the problem exists there. Any advice please? My sim now has a toddler and desperately needs to go buy him some new clothes! Lol

I agree that you might need to do a 50/50 search, but mods can overcome not being able to buy clothes. Your sims can do online shopping with Moniiques computer of anything you can think of.

First run one of the hack Conflict detectors. I use the one by William on Pick N Mix mods. It will show possible conflicts so that you can remove suspect files. This may or may not help. It may show nothing. But if it does show the culprit you will have saved yourself a lot of work.

Then look at why the problem occurred. Go back and read the mod (probably is a clashing mod) and maybe you will see that it clashes with something you already have. For example, if you have a mod that deals with going to community lots and you installed another one even unknowingly, they will probably conflict. But best to check them both out so you can see which mod you want to keep.

If this doesn't help... it's on to the 50/50 or the binary search.
Make a full backup of the entire sims 2 folder.
Pull half your cc and test. Test both sides. If the problem stops with one side out you will know it's cc in that test side.
Place the good side someplace safe.
Take the side with the 'bad' CC and split it in two and test.
So on and so forth until you isolate the file.

Remember you made a full backup so your hoods are safe. Go find that problem file in your backup, delete it then switch over to that saved backup. There are other ways, you might prefer to force the game to make a new sims 2 folder and copy your hood and downloads over there and test in there. Whichever way you test you have an unmeddled with game. Don't do that without a backup as removing CC can cause issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2021 at 12:35 AM
Thankyou for the advice. After writing this post, I went to another neighbourhood..Belladonna cove...and the menu worked fine there. So wondering if it is the map I downloaded. It's called robinsdale, I'm sure I got it from mts. Don't know if there's any solution if the map is causing it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2021 at 10:11 PM
UPDATE: I've found that the menu works fine with other houses in the neighbourhood, but not this family. And the map was rosedale. I've moved them to a different house, but it's still happening. I love this family, so don't know what to do!